Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyssam5

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 08:55:30 PM
nothing pisses me off more than supporters trying to defend their team when they do wrong, take the blinkers off lads, if you meet Donegal or Dublin down the line and they do it to u will not see its wrong. What happened to players who could tackle

Meath beaten anyway, that'll do.

Wildweasel74

Monaghan have nothing to fear if they can compete in midfield, but Tyrone will like this draw to, avoided Dublin, Mayo, and Kerry which look the most dangerous of whats left, I never understand Cork though!

Sandy Hill

What's with the Tyrone players wearing black bras?
"Stercus accidit"

tyroneboi

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 09:01:54 PM
Monaghan have nothing to fear if they can compete in midfield, but Tyrone will like this draw to, avoided Dublin, Mayo, and Kerry which look the most dangerous of whats left, I never understand Cork though!

Good draw for both teams really - both will feel they are in with a great chance. Monaghan prob slight favourites id say.

dublin7

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 27, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
I'm definitely not defending Tyrone - they committed a serious amount in those closing minutes but to suggest its only tyrone doing it in this match or any other game need also to take take off the blinkers!

While almost every team does on occasion commit cynical fouls I think it's fair to say Tyrone are the only county who employ it specifically as a defensive tactic.

They got the win so they will say that justified their tactics.  It doesn't make it right though & as all non Tyrone posters have pointed out, it's horrible to watch.

Wildweasel74

well i would say donegal do it too

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Minder on July 27, 2013, 09:00:42 PM
Was Brolly drunk ?

No................looked disinterested and pee-ed off though

lynchbhoy

if tyrone were any use, they'd have won that by 5 points. very wasteful in the second half. looking for goals when the points were on.
both teams were cynical - equally so. Tyrone just looked worse as they were more obviously doing it in the second half near the end.
The meath lads didnt get booked in the first half for nothing!

all the teams left (including clueless cork) are exponents of cynical fouling - as seen during the course of this championship.
this is the kind of smart play/cuteness you need to succeed in sport.
its not nice to watch. but thats sport.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 27, 2013, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 27, 2013, 09:00:42 PM
Was Brolly drunk ?

No................looked disinterested and pee-ed off though
thought he went OTT in giving out about tyrone - think it was an attempt to try and make him seem neutral.
we know Joe loves the red arses really!

J OGorman

Some display by Cavanagh. Grand draw for both teams surely..will be a great tussle

Londonderry. .hilarious

Wildweasel74

Thought it was gregory campbell in a  tyrone shirt coming out with that line, that lad wouldn't look outta place at a orange march with his love of londonderry

Line Ball

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!

What is this 'pointing' crap that Cavanagh does when he passes (the odd time) particularly on short balls, it is as if I can seen whats happening further up the field but you can't.  Most if the time there was nothing on but he was still pointing after he passed the ball.  He seems to like the attention the camera brings to him.

Greedy bollix should also have passed when he was clean through as well, as your granny could have seen he was going to be blocked.  Just looking for the big headlines methinks.

red hander

Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2013, 09:05:10 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 27, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
I'm definitely not defending Tyrone - they committed a serious amount in those closing minutes but to suggest its only tyrone doing it in this match or any other game need also to take take off the blinkers!

While almost every team does on occasion commit cynical fouls I think it's fair to say Tyrone are the only county who employ it specifically as a defensive tactic.

They got the win so they will say that justified their tactics.  It doesn't make it right though & as all non Tyrone posters have pointed out, it's horrible to watch.
All bets were off for us after 1996, so the whining and whigeing of Dublin tubes means absolutely nothing to us, your attempt to rewrite history is pathetic, you're telling me a true Dub is defending Meath? Suck my plums

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mickey Harte has a case to answer here with his teams horrible tactical fouling near the end of the game.................