Mumford and Sons Phoenix Park

Started by winsamsoon, July 10, 2013, 12:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Heading to this gig over the weekend lads, never been to an open air event like this and just wondering what is the craic with alcohol? will it be sold in the venue and what are the regulations of bringing your own?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Captain Obvious

Not allowed to bring in your own alcohol could try though. Normally only a few choices
Heineken,Carlsberg,budweiser depends who's sponsoring the concert.

qubdub

Will be heading myself. Where there's a will there's a way.

Tape a quarter bottle round your toger.

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2013, 12:47:59 AM
Not allowed to bring in your own alcohol could try though. Normally only a few choices

I thought Phoenix Park gigs were all alcohol free after what happened with Swedish House Mafia last year?

winsamsoon

See thats what was worrying me Gallsman i know there have been clamp downs and that the only way the concert could go ahead. gubdub if i could tape a quarter bottle to the todger lad i'd be away doing other things haha
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2013, 02:15:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2013, 12:47:59 AM

I thought Phoenix Park gigs were all alcohol free after what happened with Swedish House Mafia last year?

Will be extra gardaĆ­ and they will throw out any drunks or druggies. There will be facilities inside the concert to purchase alcohol.

Shamrock Shore

Do you need the gargle to enjoy?

I never drink at gigs as I prefer not to miss half the concert queuing for some mauldy portaloo.

tintin25

Heading to this also. Where are the good places to go after the concert? Say pubs/clubs catering for late twenties/early thirties. No doubt I'll just end up in Temple Bar anyway!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tintin25 on July 10, 2013, 03:07:35 PM
Heading to this also. Where are the good places to go after the concert? Say pubs/clubs catering for late twenties/early thirties. No doubt I'll just end up in Temple Bar anyway!

Harcourt,Camden,Wexford Street is for twenties/early thirties. Temple bar for the tourists with money to burn.

quit yo jibbajabba

Whats the rough timing for this gig on sunday then chaps? 

ive heard vaccines and ben howard and one other (cant remember) are supporting,
wouldnt mind seeing a bit of them all tbh, coming down from the dorty north i am :)

also, i would have thought by the time mumford was over it would be time for home and beddie byes..........or is that just me showing my age :)

any help would be appreciated, basically to save me doing any research of my own lol

gallsman

Camden and Harcourt Street will be heaving after the Leinster final. Throw a concert into the mix with plenty making a weekend of it and town will be jammed.

gerrykeegan

Just cycled through the park. Is staring at scantily clad girls an arrestable offence?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

qubdub

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 10, 2013, 04:31:58 PM
Just cycled through the park. Is staring at scantily clad girls an arrestable offence?
As long as you have the 8) on. Stare away.

Have seen the Vaccines few months ago up at Derry One Big Wkend, they're good band with a few lively songs if jumping like a gack is your thing... wouldn't know Ben Howard if he walked past me in the street couldn't name you any songs he plays hopefully he's on first out of the way so I don't have to sit through him.

whats the recommended establishments on harcourt st/wexford st etc for a few rambunctious nordies???

qubdub

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 10, 2013, 02:24:11 PM
See thats what was worrying me Gallsman i know there have been clamp downs and that the only way the concert could go ahead. gubdub if i could tape a quarter bottle to the todger lad i'd be away doing other things haha
wear two pairs of boxers, prob be a pure sweating match with the warm weather of late but if you stuff your liquor around the crotchal region where you are unlikely to be frisked you should be able to smuggle in your nectar no probs, so i have been told.

gerrykeegan

A huge amount of cops around. They were doing a lot of stopping and checking
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)