Kildare v Louth QR2

Started by Dinny Breen, July 01, 2013, 11:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Not looking forward to this. The wise money should be on Louth.
#newbridgeornowhere

Bord na Mona man

I'd still expect Kildare to dust themselves down and get to the quarters....If they survive this one.

yellowcard

Kildare should be just good enough to get through this but it is hard to know how many beatings Kildare can continue to take and still want to come back. They must be mentally battered at this stage having been touted as the big challengers to Dublin over the last 5 years yet failing constantly. McGeeney has done a decent job and will have them as well prepared as any team in the country but he his game tactics and strategy has let him down. That coupled with the fact that they lack the necessary quality in certain areas to make the jump from nearly men to winners.

All of a Sludden

One of us will be put out of our misery, the winner only delaying the inevitable.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Jinxy

Louth have more natural carbon-based footballers.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on July 01, 2013, 11:08:26 AM
I'd still expect Kildare to dust themselves down and get to the quarters....If they survive this one.
Me too. They might get lucky then and meet Kerry...

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 11:53:12 AM
Louth have more natural carbon-based footballers.
Very good Jinxy.

Donnellys Hollow

Will this be held in Newbridge?

Aidan O'Rourke will know the Kildare players inside out and that could give Louth an edge.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 01, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Will this be held in Newbridge?

Newbridge probably won't be able to hold the crowd, move it to Drogheda.

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 01, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Aidan O'Rourke will know the Kildare players inside out and that could give Louth an edge.

He doesn't even know the Louth panel inside out at this stage.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

DuffleKing

Jeez you louth boys are hard pleased. Surely Louth's only hitch year was a loss to wexford? Stuffing laois in portlaois and dealing with antrim more comfortably than ulster finalists monaghan isn't a bad start.

Leave our Armagh lads alone...

The Hill is Blue

I really feel for Kildare supporters today. I've had many Monday's like this over many years watching the Dubs. The day after is always worse than the match day itself – the adrenalin has stopped flowing and you're just left with the terrible disappointment.

The last time I felt like that was after the "startled earwigs" quarter final against Kerry (1-24 to 1-7) in 2009. That day I saw lads throwing their colours on the Hill and leaving at half time. I thought Dublin would never come back from that, yet they were All Ireland Champions only two years later.

Keep the faith Kildare. (But get a new manager – ideally a Kildare man)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

10 LH 1-22 KE 1-16
07 LH 1-16 KE 1-10
02 KE 0-12 LH 0-11
00 KE 1-12 LH 0-12
95 LH 0-13 KE 0-11
91 LH 2-11 KE 2-10
78 KE 4-15 LH 1-8
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

QuoteTommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1 1m
Kildare v Louth on Saturday 13 July St Conleths Park, throw in 7 pm

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

DuffleKing

Oops. Someone somewhere isn't getting picked...

Ohtoohtobe

Any chance this will be on the box?