Ulster Final Donegal V Monaghan

Started by J70, June 30, 2013, 05:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Delighted for Monaghan but I think Donegal are busted flush. To beat them all you have to do is play them at their own game and when you do there's at least 6 counties with better teams and panels.

thebuzz

Quote from: naka on July 21, 2013, 05:37:13 PM
Great to see
Well done Monaghan

Absolutely delighted for Monaghan. It 's just brilliant!!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: yellowcard on July 21, 2013, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 21, 2013, 05:30:43 PM
Ref v poor today. Dreadful decisions and Monaghan don't need any help, they are by far the better team.

Are donegal too complacent?

Heard from within their camp that they are looking to peak later on in the year!
The qualifier route and the extra game will actually help them!
( unless they play cork!!)

I'm not Deegans biggest fan but I think he contributed to the fast flowing high intensity game today. Ok he got the odd marginal decision wrong but it was definitely one of his best games.

As for the complacency bit and looking to peak later in the season. The AI qfinal are 2 weeks away so when are they looking to peak for? 4th week of September? How about they were beaten by a better hungrier team on the day.
]

Dave Goldrick was the ref.

All of a Sludden

Is Malachy O'Rourke the first Fermanagh man to win an Ulster senior football title?

Well done Monaghan.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Wildweasel74

1st Time in 25yrs, great to see, its good for the gaa that no team dominated all the time, the leinster championship no comparison to the ulster championship which still means so much to teams

Wildweasel74

Practically a weekend of upsets!!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Zulu on July 21, 2013, 05:41:05 PM
Delighted for Monaghan but I think Donegal are busted flush. To beat them all you have to do is play them at their own game and when you do there's at least 6 counties with better teams and panels.

The trick (easier said than done of course) is to get in front on the scoreboard.  Then they have to come out of their defensive pattern, and that opens up more space for your forwards.

Asal Mor

Well done Monaghan - brilliant performance. I thought it was an enthralling game too, very different to last week's Leinster Final but both games were gripping. The football chapionship needed a shock too. Donegal should beat Laois and get into a quarter-final against Mayo, Dublin or Kerry.

Qwerty28

Great scenes again at finish, similar to last weekend with Limerick. Another reason the provincials will never be replaced. Delighted for Monaghan, esp the likes of Freeman and Clerkin.

Oraisteach

Great win for Monaghan.  Holding Donegal scoreless for the first half hour--remarkable.

GalwayBayBoy

Bit disappointing how TV3 cut away so quickly from the celebrations to go to ads.

yellowcard

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 21, 2013, 05:42:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 21, 2013, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 21, 2013, 05:30:43 PM
Ref v poor today. Dreadful decisions and Monaghan don't need any help, they are by far the better team.

Are donegal too complacent?

Heard from within their camp that they are looking to peak later on in the year!
The qualifier route and the extra game will actually help them!
( unless they play cork!!)

I'm not Deegans biggest fan but I think he contributed to the fast flowing high intensity game today. Ok he got the odd marginal decision wrong but it was definitely one of his best games.

As for the complacency bit and looking to peak later in the season. The AI qfinal are 2 weeks away so when are they looking to peak for? 4th week of September? How about they were beaten by a better hungrier team on the day.
]

Dave Goldrick was the ref.

:)You know what I meant.

Aaron Boone

That's a harder quarter final than Donegal intended.

Throw ball

yellowcard

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 21, 2013, 05:45:52 PM
Bit disappointing how TV3 cut away so quickly from the celebrations to go to ads.

Exactly, couldn't wait to get to an ad break.