2013 Féile Peil na nÓg Doire - All-Ireland Under 14 Championships

Started by screenexile, June 27, 2013, 10:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Good man, what were the NY team like? Great to see them progressing to division 1 but they seemed out of their depth this year, is that fair to say?

bannside

Hardstation, Burren - the team you guys meet tomorrow were staying with us in Portglenone. Great nights crack with their travelling party in our social club tonite - will have the head to prove it in the morning!

Civil lads all round and even though I know you are supposed to cheer your guests all the way, we need a bit of something to restore Antrim pride after all that's been going on recently.

Should be a cracking game and really sorry I cant make it to Celtic Park. The winners will be a good team!

bannside

Must be at least half a dozen of the Rossa lads bigger than Hugh McG going by that picture.

Zulu

The champions so far are:

Div 4 Girls:Carryduff

Div 3 G:St Conleth's

Div 6 Boys:Drumsurn

Div 5 B:Glen

Div 4 B:S London

Zulu

Div 2 girls final Kilkenny 2-2, Moyle Rovers 1-1 into the second half. MR with a strong wind but running out of time.

Zulu

3rd Kilkenny goal!! That should do it, they'll be happy Noreside tonight even if they did lose the hurlin yesterday.

AZOffaly

Clonmel Commercials won the D3 Boys final against Baltinglass. Well done lads.

Zulu

Commercials are a great club and have been doing great work underage for a long time now. Good to see them get the reward of a feile title.

Claregalway 3-4 to 0-2 up at HT against Bellaghy. They had a strong wind in the first half though so not over yet.

AZOffaly

Onlooker

Congrats. to Commercials.  Under Age football continues to go well in Tipperary.

trasna man

Quote from: Zulu on June 30, 2013, 12:19:54 AM
Good man, what were the NY team like? Great to see them progressing to division 1 but they seemed out of their depth this year, is that fair to say?
the NY boys were very skillful, but had poor team play, would have been good for div 2 i would say. 80.000 dollars to bring a team to Feile so fair play i sure its not easy, i am heading to Philly in 3 weeks time to Referee at the W.Y.C and hope to meet a few of the mentors when I'm over for a couple of beers 8).

theticklemister

Quote from: trasna man on June 30, 2013, 10:18:08 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 30, 2013, 12:19:54 AM
the NY boys were very skillful, but had poor team play, would have been good for div 2 i would say. 80.000 dollars to bring a team to Feile so fair play i sure its not easy, i am heading to Philly in 3 weeks time to Referee at the W.Y.C and hope to meet a few of the mentors when I'm over for a couple of beers 8).

No drinking on the job.................... we don't want another Colerainegate episode transaman! We won by a point today trasnaman , but me and the st.lawerences manager (an ex-steelstown player also, we played together in the full back line in the bad old days of Junior football in Derry) had it as a draw. Bit the win puts us into the playoffs. Fair play to the ref!!

theticklemister

Quote from: Drummerboy on June 30, 2013, 10:46:22 PM
Who won Div 1 and 2 today.

go back over the pages there.

claregalway beat bellaghy in division 1 final and rossa were beat by burren in div 2 final.
All scores.........http://derrygaa.ie/2013/06/feile-results-2013/

rory

What way are the divisions drawn?

Division 1 had teams from Tyrone, Dublin, Laois, Galway, Kildare, Kerry, Cork, New York and then 8 teams from host County Derry.

Is that the way it works every year, or is there any sort of relegation / promotion?  (For instance Burren from Down won Div 2, does that mean next years Down champs will be in Div 1?)

Or are the Divisions just randomly drawn?