Muineacháin - An Cabháin - El Classico II

Started by babarino, June 16, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Monaghan must surely be in danger of not being able to field a team with all these injuries they're reporting?

Itchy

Its always the same against Monaghan, the poor mouthing about injuries is now very predictable. I predict a Cavan win by 1 point.

T Fearon

It's an Old Farm Derby with added intrigue of sectarianism and substance abuse thrown in.

Itchy

What substances are you on Tony. Some mad stuff without doubt.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Itchy on May 17, 2015, 09:49:03 AM
What substances are you on Tony. Some mad stuff without doubt.

Last of the choc-icesangel dust?

GrandMasterFlash

Are we to expect a similar affair to yesterdays game? It mightn't be just an intense but it will not lack it either.. D Hughes is doubtful apparently doesn't help our chances (not bemoaning Itchy, just debating!)

Ulster football is alive and well!

Jinxy

It's up to Cavan and Monaghan to save gaelic football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bingo

Quote from: Jinxy on May 18, 2015, 05:05:15 PM

I doubt we'll get past the pre-match parade.

beer baron

Quote from: Jinxy on May 18, 2015, 05:05:15 PM

Uh oh!!!  The end is here then so.

mylestheslasher

Sure if it is an open exciting game gobshites Spillane and O Rourke will trot out the old "lack of championship intensity" while Brolly will decry the naive tactics of Ulsters minnows. I can hear it now.

I fancy us to win this anyway like I said already. We have been pretty good at taking out the oppositions top player from numerous U21 games, to the job we did on Jamie Clarke two years ago. Not sure Monaghan will go too well if McManus is bottled up. I also think we can go pretty well at midfield too. Our FF line has been weak and Monaghan should have an upper hand there but I think Hyland is sure to have something up his sleeve. Time for this Cavan team to deliver in Ulster and we may not get as good a chance again.

mylestheslasher

Preview on northern sound now, Nudie HUghes from Monaghan and Michael Hannon from Cavan

GrandMasterFlash

'Hopefully Cavan will be like young spring lambs and go out and ate the grass', says Nudie..  :)

Good banter in Cootehill..

mylestheslasher

armaghniac

Monaghan should line up behind the blue and white flag, for the craic.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

babarino

Hopefully we don't have any good goals disallowed like the last championship game between us.

Who are the officials? They have a big responsibility in this one. Previous Cavan posts about taking out marquee players give an indication of how they're thinking ahead of this fixture.

Conor McManus knows what to expect and will be prepared for the bitching, kicking at the heels and the general crap that makes a mockery of the sport. But for sportsmanship to overcome cynicism, the umpires will need to watch out for this and alert the ref to it from the start.