Muineacháin - An Cabháin - El Classico II

Started by babarino, June 16, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Tonight I thank our Cavan neighbours for saving us from the same fate as Roscommon.

Tomorrow it's business as usual.  :P

Syferus

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 23, 2015, 08:47:41 PM
Tonight I thank our Cavan neighbours for saving us from the same fate as Roscommon.

Tomorrow it's business as usual.  :P

We're paired with South-Leitrim. The only Gay they know about hosted the Late Late.

Itchy

Drug taking, Nazi sympathisers and now homophobic too. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

rodney trotter

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2015, 10:59:00 AM
Cavan (SFC v Monaghan) - Conor Gilsenan; Jason McLoughlin, Rory Dunne, Ronan Flanagan; James McEnroe, Feargal Flanagan, Damien O'Reilly; Tomas Corr, Gearoid McKiernan; Dara McVeety, Michael Argue, Martin Reilly; Cian Mackey, Martin Dunne, Niall McDermott.

Monaghan (SFC v Cavan) - Rory Beggan; Dessie Mone, Drew Wylie, Ryan Wylie; Fintan Kelly, Vinny Corey, Karl O'Connell; Neil McAdam, Dick Clerkin; Owen Duffy, Paul Finlay, Darren Hughes; Dermot Malone, Kieran Hughes, Conor McManus.

Subs: Enda Duffy, Kieran Duffy, Conor Boyle, Colin Walshe, Paudie McKenna, Owen Lennon, Stephen Gollogly, Shane Carey, Ryan McAnespie, Paul Meegan, Christopher McGuinness.

I hope this doesn't have Itchy scratching himself with disgust but I would like to discuss the small matter of starting line-ups..

Any reason why Cavan haven't named their subs? Not that it's mandatory or anything; I'm just curious.

Who will man mark McManus? Rory Dunne would be my automatic choice. Didn't he get (or was at least in contention for) MOTM for marking Donaghy (O'Donoghue?) in the Kerry game last year? To me Argue, Reilly, Mackey and Dunne will take some looking after and could be a formidable enough attack. We have a fairly resolute back 6 though and obviously funnel back in numbers when being counter attacked which can be difficult to breach..

Monaghan's line up and bench look strong. I would be surprised if that 15 started and I would be even more surprised if they start in that formation. Dessie Mone won't (or shouldn't) start at CB. I'd imagine if D Hughes is fit he'll play MF (though I'd expect Clerkin to pick up McKiernan). We've a strong looking bench which is good to see.. I'd love to be in a position to give Lennon some game time (I reckon Walshe is much closer and will feature) but I can't see that being the case i.e. it will be close!

Really looking forward to the atmosphere and the game!

Some good options on the Cavan bench too, rest of panel on cavan gaa site. I would be surprised if both teams start like that,

rodney trotter

The conditions will suit  Monaghan, pissing wet day, Monaghan are a more physically imposing team.

Itchy

Games tomorrow Rodders, its going to be dry.

rodney trotter

It's giving Cloudy and Windy forecast tomorrow. Sounds dry alright

Itchy

Cloudy does not mean pissing rain. No rain tomorrow lad

GrandMasterFlash

The silliness is over. Let the games begin!

Come on Monaghan!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Niall8100

RTE don't see the point of doing any pre match discussion on this match no?

brianboru00

They were trying to give Brolly as short a window as possible . . . . .
That backfired!!

Syferus

Broly pretty dismissive of Cavan's progress..

armaghniac

Brave crowd there, Breffni is a big ground. Big crowd, good day, championship.
He said 17000, but I'm sure there are another 4000 U-16s there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

didlyi

Joe Brolly just described cavan football the black death and as ugly as Marty Morrissy. If this to be the highlight of this match? Brolly is some ass???, nothing will be as ugly as his cheap unintelligent attack on Marty.