Muineacháin - An Cabháin - El Classico II

Started by babarino, June 16, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

tommysmith

Quote from: Bingo on May 22, 2015, 05:13:49 PM
To Cavan heads - I see the Cavan Rally is on Sunday (The only rally in Ireland that has a category for pedal propelled cars for local entrants), will this have any impact on match day traffic or is it taking place away from Cavan Town.

Cheers.

Yeah big disruption the rally is around time.

The CloneZone

Monaghan are a better team on paper and on form but this will count for nothing come Sunday. A kick of the ball in it at the end. Hopefully in Monaghans favour.

Westside

Quote from: Schkite on May 22, 2015, 07:22:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 22, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
Monaghan get more players sent off but that because the ref doesn't see the incident. One of their players is first GAA player caught on steroids yet that shouldn't be brought up. Some craic you boys are.

And yet we shouldn't bring up the sectarian abuse your lad was spouting in the last game, some craic you boys are.

At least we know the details of what happened there, less of your steroids ballix.

I wonder if Mark McHugh was given the choice of the perforated eardrum and concussion or being called a derogatory name which one would he go for?

The Monaghan lads are getting fair wound up when reminded about the use of performance enhancing drugs in their squad.. Calm down, have a Xanex or something.

Maguire01

Monaghan get more players sent off but that because the ref doesn't see the incident. One of their players is first GAA player caught on steroids yet that shouldn't be brought up. Some craic you boys are.
On your first point - that's not what I said - just that 3 cards vs 2 cards is hardly a statistically valid basis for saying one team is the 'aggressor', and we all know that our match officials are prone to missing things and/or getting things wrong. I can't recall all the details, but i'm fairly sure McManus was reacting, rather than being the aggressor, when he was red-carded in the 2013 league game. It's like last week's game - if Michael Murphy had floored McMahon he would probably have been sent off, but he would hardly have been the aggressor.

The second point is just irrelevant, as (i) no one knows the full story, and (ii) what we do know is that it doesn't relate to anyone on the panel.

Schkite

Quote from: Westside on May 22, 2015, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 22, 2015, 07:22:48 PM

And yet we shouldn't bring up the sectarian abuse your lad was spouting in the last game, some craic you boys are.

At least we know the details of what happened there, less of your steroids ballix.

I wonder if Mark McHugh was given the choice of the perforated eardrum and concussion or being called a derogatory name which one would he go for?

The Monaghan lads are getting fair wound up when reminded about the use of performance enhancing drugs in their squad.. Calm down, have a Xanex or something.

Ha! If there's a side being wound up I don't see it being Monaghan lads. I can almost seen ye lads there frothing at the mouth while yous call us "dirty hoors" and "thugs" and so on. I'm quite relaxed, the sooner Sunday comes the better til all this pre-match shite talk is over.

Westside

Dirty hoors generally tend to be calm in the run up to their dirty hoorism.

Itchy

Your ulster title is in doubt given this drugs scandal. The whole Monaghan panel should be tested every month for 2 years to make sure they are clean.

beer baron

Quote from: Itchy on May 22, 2015, 08:40:47 PM
Your ulster title is in doubt given this drugs scandal. The whole Monaghan panel should be tested every month for 2 years to make sure they are clean.

Every hour.

Jinxy

They don't call Monaghan 'Franco's Team' for nothing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Cavan by a goal. Egg on all the experts faces tomorrow. Minors will win too. That is all.

Jinxy

Could be an added edge to this tomorrow with Monaghan voting NO in the referendum.
Cavan has always been seen as the more liberal and sophisticated of the two counties.
If you were any use you'd be playing.