Dublin v Kildare - Match Thread!

Started by Captain Scarlet, June 13, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 18, 2013, 03:38:50 PM
Yeah but that's the problem. He's now giving his side of details of a private exchange that took place after the public one, without naming who he's talking about, when he knows that everyone knows full well who's he's talking about.

No problem with him reporting McGeeney's response to a question that Fogarty had a right to ask. That's reporting. But leave it at that. Still talking a year later about a private exchange that happened after is not very honourable. Then again, most of these reporters showed how honourable they were by leaving Declan Bogue out to dry.

And Fogarty is probably one of the better ones, in fairness, in terms of his interest in the game. But he's let himself down a bit here.

Also, that Supple story was a bit unsatisfactory. No details of who is supposed to have made this offer. Could have been anyone from McGeeney to some club manager. Not exactly Woodward and Bernstein stuff.

Fair enough about the private conversation - the story at the time said it was a member of the Kildare management team. Same person who was widely reported to have arranged all the logistics for Seanie's move.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: heffo on June 18, 2013, 03:51:41 PM
Yeah but that's the problem. He's now giving his side of details of a private exchange that took place after the public one, without naming who he's talking about, when he knows that everyone knows full well who's he's talking about.

No problem with him reporting McGeeney's response to a question that Fogarty had a right to ask. That's reporting. But leave it at that. Still talking a year later about a private exchange that happened after is not very honourable. Then again, most of these reporters showed how honourable they were by leaving Declan Bogue out to dry.

And Fogarty is probably one of the better ones, in fairness, in terms of his interest in the game. But he's let himself down a bit here.

Also, that Supple story was a bit unsatisfactory. No details of who is supposed to have made this offer. Could have been anyone from McGeeney to some club manager. Not exactly Woodward and Bernstein stuff.

Fair enough about the private conversation - the story at the time said it was a member of the Kildare management team. Same person who was widely reported to have arranged all the logistics for Seanie's move.

Story had a vague quote from Supple and management team morphed to 'set-up' a couple of pars in. It was hearsay.
This is not to say it didn't happen. But it is to say I don't know whether it happened. It's identical to the biting incident in Ballybofey. Donegal claim it happened, but there's no proof or specifics. Most people suspect it happened on the old 'no smoke without fire' rule. Again, I'm reluctant to draw that conclusion, because I don't know for sure, and the evidence offered is too vague.

heffo

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 18, 2013, 03:58:55 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 18, 2013, 03:51:41 PM

Story had a vague quote from Supple and management team morphed to 'set-up' a couple of pars in. It was hearsay.
This is not to say it didn't happen. But it is to say I don't know whether it happened. It's identical to the biting incident in Ballybofey. Donegal claim it happened, but there's no proof or specifics. Most people suspect it happened on the old 'no smoke without fire' rule. Again, I'm reluctant to draw that conclusion, because I don't know for sure, and the evidence offered is too vague.

I'm not looking to drag the story about Kildare's transfer policy from last year up again - just thought the story was interesting particularly the part mentioned above.

You can believe what you like re Supple. That story is well over at this stage.

Ohtoohtobe

I'd say someone from Kildare did tap up Supple, same as I'd say someone bit McBrearty. But I obviously don't know for sure in either case. And if you're going to put something like that in print in a factual news story, you need to stand it up better, I reckon.

Yeah whatever else it is, it is interesting. Geezer loves a bit of belly tickling.

heffo

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 18, 2013, 04:16:39 PM
I'd say someone from Kildare did tap up Supple, same as I'd say someone bit McBrearty. But I obviously don't know for sure in either case. And if you're going to put something like that in print in a factual news story, you need to stand it up better, I reckon.

Yeah whatever else it is, it is interesting. Geezer loves a bit of belly tickling.

Well one was investigated and found not-guilty, when someone tried to investigate the Supple tap-up he got asked outside!

Ohtoohtobe

Similar level of evidence in both cases, ie f*** all

Dont Matter

Shane Supple, Brendan Murphy, Niall McNamee, Donie Kingston.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dinny Breen

don't forget Declan Browne.

Any chance the we can move away from the agendas and just talk football or else I can see this thread been removed as well?
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 18, 2013, 03:23:08 PM
Bit cowardly of Fogarty. Name the manager or don't mention it at all. He knows that most people know he's talking about McGeeney. He's therefore gossiping about him without having the balls to name him. Bit pathetic, using a private argument to make himself seem more important.

He's lucky Geezer didn't belt him with a big bag of fruit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Declan

Back to the game. Dubs are favourites and rightly so and should prevail. Kildare have flattered to deceive over the last few years and with the new 21s  I reckon have an outside chance. However if Dublin play to form they should win with 2/3 to spare

Jinxy

The T-1000s will prevail over the T-800s.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Scarlet

I am somehow very worried on one hand that we are going to get a pasting and then the heart gives me hope that we can get a result.
I'm not too sure about the latter as I honestly don't know what kind of game we are going to play and we have chopped and changed far too much all year.
The Dubs are far more settled and seem to be just firing on all cylinders. Is it just me or are they looking too good too early? Like in the long term is it looking like they will be peaking early?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

I know I shouldn't ask but where is Sean Johnston? Is he dropped or injured?

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 18, 2013, 05:47:45 PM
don't forget Declan Browne.

Any chance the we can move away from the agendas and just talk football or else I can see this thread been removed as well?

No agendas here Dinny - I thought the article was fairly relevant.

Anyhoo, will O'Connor start? Described in the heady days after the O'Byrne Cup by no less a blogger than Ewan McKenna as an 'elite forward' and one of the best full forwards in the game - he didn't get much of a sniff v O'Carroll in the league - if not him who will go FF for Kildare?