Kildare v Longford Leinster JFC final - Newbridge 26 June 2013

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 13, 2013, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Oh the excitement.

I believe the Kildare side is basically the U21 side that didn't make the senior panel.

I have no idea who or what makes up our side. Perhaps it's a South Longford All Star team made up of the Ardaghs, Forgneys, Grattans and Mostrim.

If so, Kildare by a million points  :P

Any of the Kildare boys ambling in after the shopping is done on Wed week?

Shur I'll have to go........

rodney trotter

Paddy Dowd would be your main man, also the captain. Good player, former senior player.

Shamrock Shore

Aye Rodney

Paddy and is a good un and has more miles in the clock. I think he fell out with the senior management over being dropped at one stage and left the panel.

Good to see him back in some shape or form.

Ohtoohtobe

There's four U21s on the Kildare team by my count, two U21 starters (Sean Hurley, John Byrne) and two U21 subs (Hugh Mahon, Daniel Grehan)

Donnellys Hollow

Will this emerging Kildare - Longford rivalry dominate the Leinster football narrative for the next decade?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 13, 2013, 12:12:47 PM
Aye Rodney

Paddy and is a good un and has more miles in the clock. I think he fell out with the senior management over being dropped at one stage and left the panel.

Good to see him back in some shape or form.

Yeah he was always a talented player from Under age but was bit of a loose cannon, would be around 27? Ryan could do with him back on the Senior panel.

The Insider

9 of the U-21's have played so far in the campaign, lost Mc Givney by playing in the championship last year and Robbie Smith in this years championship. Barry O Farrell the star defender last night, Dowd showed glimpses of his past form. Again frees proved awkward with us missing 5 or 6 in total. In previous years Tony Kelly a former Mostrim player looked after the Kildare junior team .Don't know if he is still involved . Just hope the referee preforms a bit better the next day gave some weird decisions especially as the game neared the end . Had to be over ruled by his umpires in the first half where he blew a Longford player up for over carrying but signaled a Longford free out instead of a Cavan free in from which they eventually scored

Dinny Breen

The Kildare Junior team to face Longord in the Leinster Final at 7.30 in St Conleths on weds Night has been as:

1   William Clynch   Grange

2   James O Connor   Johnstownbridge

3   William Burke   Two Mile House

4   Peter Warren   Maynooth

5   Daithi Duke   Kilcock

6   Darren Barker   Kilcullen

7   Colin O Shea   Milltown

8   Keith Cribbon   Johnstownbridge

9   Shane Darcy   Two Mile House

10   Hughie Mahon   Athy

11   Seamus Hannifin (Captain)   Ballyteague

12   Colum Fagan   Rathcoffey

13   Paddy Mahon   Castledermot

14   Cian Bolton   Eadstown

15   Cathal Mc Nally   Johnstownbridge
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Looking to secure the 2nd leg of the quadruple tommorow night  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Shamrock Shore

It seems events and child care issues (i.e. they refuse to go) have conspired agin me. So I wont be there.

It is on Sky Sports or on the internets?

I've emailed Roscommon-side radio to see if they have the intrepid John Duffy and Liam Tierney covering it.

What's St. Conleth's Park like with 6 people in attendance?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 26, 2013, 11:22:16 AM
It seems events and child care issues (i.e. they refuse to go) have conspired agin me. So I wont be there.

It is on Sky Sports or on the internets?

I've emailed Roscommon-side radio to see if they have the intrepid John Duffy and Liam Tierney covering it.

What's St. Conleth's Park like with 6 people in attendance?

K-Country starts at 7 pm this evening and carrys full uninterrupted coverage of The Leinster Junior Football Championship final between Longford and Kildare from 7.30. After 9 The Whole Hog Band will be dropping in to perform live in studio. We also have some free tickets to Robert Mizzell and The Country Kings who play The Hazel Hotel on Sunday night. All this and great Country & Irish music. What more could you ask for on a sunny Wednesday evening?

http://www.kfmradio.com/

Shamrock Shore

QuoteWhat more could you ask for on a sunny Wednesday evening?

Never a truer word spoken. Football of the highest quality plus The Whole Hog Band!

Shamrock Shore

Latest:

Longford 1-02
Kildare 0-02

10 mins gone

Crowd of 400-500 there I believe!

Shamrock Shore