LIDL, making a political point? whats the story?

Started by lawnseed, June 13, 2013, 07:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 16, 2013, 12:13:45 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on June 16, 2013, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 15, 2013, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on June 15, 2013, 11:31:42 PM
on their irish web page they clearly state that lidl aim the be the no.1 supermarket on the island of ireland.
Care to post a link to a page on lidl.ie that states that? I've tried a quick look but I haven't seen it.

Mind you, I'd be surprised if they didn't try to aim to be no.1! ;D
take your time have a proper look.
That's not an answer! ;D ;D

BTW If you had a chance to have "a proper look" at the weekly offers that Lidl put out in their TV adverts and their leaflets, it always says in the front page of the latter that "Offers apply to the Republic of Ireland only" or "Offers apply to Northern Ireland only" depending on the jurisdiction. Just to save you the hassle of scrambling around to look for it, Lidl's latest offers leaflet for the south and for the north.
i dont care if they are giving the stuff away for free i wont be back until i get a reply to my e-mails as to why they are not selling gaa sports gear in the north of ireland and they choose to use the ulster banner on their store finder page. btw the ulster banner has not been a recognised flag for nearly 40 years it was only ever a celebratery symbol to be used for a short time. its existance is perpetuated by knuckell trailing neandertal loyalists who want to dont want to move on and arsehole freestaters who probably never got past newry and a trolly full of softdrinks and gaint boxes of washing powder... mmoooohh!!!!
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

dillinger

Do Lidel sell N.I.flags?

Well the 12th is coming up soon.

armaghniac

QuoteSome people aren't happy unless they feel that they're in a permanent state of being oppressed.

It is not a question of being oppressed, there is no reason for Lidl to favour the promotion of GAA sports in one county over another, especially as one suspects they are doing it for political reasons.

QuoteDo Lidel sell N.I.flags?

pretty much the sort of recidivist bigotry you would expect on this issue,.

The NI flag is the symbol of a former sectarian state used by bigots.
An O'neills ball is something people kick around in a field. One is politics and inappropriate, one is sport and appropriate. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: Tonto on June 16, 2013, 12:24:22 AM
I am disgusted. Lidl are clearly making a political point. As we all know NI is part of the UK and therefore their web address should be .co.uk, not .ie.  I'm sick of being oppressed; first the Union Flag debacle and now this!  I think everybody should write a letter insisting that this wrong should be righted.  No longer will Ulster's sons and daughters take this affront to our national identity.  I'm sure the Queen would be outraged at this insult not only to her realm but also her people. Maybe we could apply official pressure.  Everyone write to your MP.  I'm sure Conor Murphy and co would be interested in our plight as they are, after all, employees of the United Kingdom.

Ulstermen... Unite!
which ulster? the bbc one or the gaa one? the point being that if this gear is not on sale in the six counties lidl should state why. clearly the hurls and balls do not come from germany so some irish company has got a deal to supply the stuff to lidl here. clearly lidl recognise a demand of the stuff and an opportunity to turn a profit. clearly the sport is played all over this island, they claim to want to business all over the island so why not supply all their shops and make even more profit? whats stopping them? is it that they would further have to 'edit' the supply to only shops in perceived nationalist areas were they to sell north of the border and its easier just to give it a miss. clearly there is a problem given that according to posts earlier in this thread loyalists objected to the goods in some stores, hardly the same thing as taking down a flag from belfast city hall, but clearly an indication that lord brookborough's 'not a catholic about the place' still resinates with some bigots who need to be exposed.
should lidl be avoiding this problem by ignoring it well i can assure them i will continue to draw attention to this difference.. theres no place to hide..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

dillinger

Quote from: armaghniac on June 16, 2013, 12:38:03 AM
QuoteSome people aren't happy unless they feel that they're in a permanent state of being oppressed.

It is not a question of being oppressed, there is no reason for Lidl to favour the promotion of GAA sports in one county over another, especially as one suspects they are doing it for political reasons.

QuoteDo Lidel sell N.I.flags?

pretty much the sort of recidivist bigotry you would expect on this issue,.

The NI flag is the symbol of a former sectarian state used by bigots.
An O'neills ball is something people kick around in a field. One is politics and inappropriate, one is sport and appropriate.

Well if good enough for Lidel to fly. ;D

Tonto

Quote from: lawnseed on June 16, 2013, 12:46:12 AM
I am disgusted. Lidl are clearly making a political point. As we all know NI is part of the UK and therefore their web address should be .co.uk, not .ie.  I'm sick of being oppressed; first the Union Flag debacle and now this!  I think everybody should write a letter insisting that this wrong should be righted.  No longer will Ulster's sons and daughters take this affront to our national identity.  I'm sure the Queen would be outraged at this insult not only to her realm but also her people. Maybe we could apply official pressure.  Everyone write to your MP.  I'm sure Conor Murphy and co would be interested in our plight as they are, after all, employees of the United Kingdom.

Ulstermen... Unite!
which ulster? the bbc one or the gaa one?
Pfft! Partitionist.  Don't think we have forgotten about the occupied 3.

armaghniac

QuoteDon't think we have forgotten about the occupied 3.

Really? What have you done for them recently?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tonto

Quote from: armaghniac on June 16, 2013, 02:22:08 PM
QuoteDon't think we have forgotten about the occupied 3.

Really? What have you done for them recently?
Bought a wee drop a petrol last week on my way to Rosnowlagh.

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on June 16, 2013, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 15, 2013, 11:41:15 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on June 15, 2013, 11:31:42 PM
on their irish web page they clearly state that lidl aim the be the no.1 supermarket on the island of ireland.
Care to post a link to a page on lidl.ie that states that? I've tried a quick look but I haven't seen it.

Mind you, I'd be surprised if they didn't try to aim to be no.1! ;D
take your time have a proper look. note the rolling eyes from our brothers in the 26. they have'nt a pups notion what its like to try and fight for your culture and basic rights. before miz merkal and the eu are finished with them they'll have a better idea..
Let me get this straight - you're giving out about those in the south and what Merkel is doing to them... on a thread you started to complain that you can't spend your money in a German supermarket?

Evil Genius

Quote from: lawnseed on June 13, 2013, 07:32:11 AM
I'm not really a big hurling fan, the inevitable sight of a guy in black and yellow lifting the Liam MC carthy in September is like ground hog day for me.(all credit to kilkenny) however the young lawnseedlings are hurling mad they have good sticks and slithers but they don't last long when the training is 'the stick the ball and the wall' day and night. i was pleased to hear that the sticks and ball were on offer in German supermarket giant lidl. how bad could they be..? the kids could train at home with the cheap stuff and use the good sticks for proper training. so off to lidl in armagh last week and searched the shop no hurling stuff??!!  sold out? nahh.. i was informed that i was in 'lidl uk' and hurling stuff was only sold in 'lidl ireland'!! is this true has anyone seen any hurling stuff in a lidl store in the six counties. this is worse than kelloggs doing the gaa bowls and not doing the nordie counties. emails are already in germany no replies as yet. gonna try monaghan
Most. Oppressed. People. Ever.

P.S. What are these "slithers" of which you speak? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliotar  ;) )
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

bennydorano

It'll be a long time before i read another thread as full of shit as this one, wankers.

Maguire01

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2013, 06:34:47 PM
It'll be a long time before i read another thread as full of shit as this one, w**kers.
I doubt that very much.  :P

bennydorano

Evil Genius

I am disgusted. Lidl are clearly making a political point. As we all know NI is part of the UK and therefore their web address should be .co.uk, not .ie.  I'm sick of being oppressed; first the Union Flag debacle and now this!  I think everybody should write a letter insisting that this wrong should be righted.
Never fear, Tonto:
www.lidl-ni.co.uk
8)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

qubdub

Surely there's a market for kids' hurls in West Belfast. I'd say Lidl have missed out here, their loss.
Quote from: Evil Genius on June 16, 2013, 06:32:20 PM
Most. Oppressed. People. Ever.
You clearly haven't seen the furore surrounding the names on Coke bottles then!