Carlow beat Dublin in U21

Started by Ash Smoker, June 12, 2013, 12:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Smoker

Some result for the scallions. :o

laoislad

Brilliant result fair play to them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Declan

So much for the hurling revolution in the capital -Was talking to a few lads who were at it and this post on Res Dubs seems to sum it up:

Dear oh dear that was poor viewing there tonight. Kilkenny was shocking bad. His name kept him on the field. Disappointed with Costello too but with injury and football commitments how much hurling has he in the bank?

Looked like a team thrown together this evening and went out expecting it to happen. Lowndes, Kilkenny and Costello with footballers. Trollier, Sutclife, Crummy and possibly Whelan etc with the hurlers. Lads injured and others doing the leaving. Sure when would they have had a chance to do decent collective sessions. For that very reason Shay Boland didn't want to take the job. Having to ask for players from other squads didn't interest him but nobody else wanted it. Appointed by default. He was right too.

Conor Murphy surely good enough to get back on Senior panel having been dropped earlier in the year. The other 2 crumlin lads, Quinn and McGreal I think his name is were well worth a run there tonight. McGreal especially is hurling well is the SHC this year.

Didn't expect us to set the world alight this year but didn't expect us to lose to Carlow in our own back yard tonight regardless of the weather. Awful awful stuff. Its backwards we are going (gone).w

Lecale2

johnneycool

I haven't seen the team listings but I'd suggest a good few of the Carlow lads played in Div1b with their seniors and that's stood to them, Kavanagh for sure, but Sutcliffe is also a Dub senior, so its hard to know.

That club hurling in Kilkenny isn't doing Carlow any harm for sure.

Canalman

Didn't expect that result.

Well done to Carlow. Great result for them. Hard work rewarded.

Will be disappointed if they don't build on this and give the semi a right rattle.

Two bad years on the trot now for our U21 hurlers.

deiseach

Most of the truly uplifting results in hurling in recent years have been in the Leinster U-21 championship. Well done Carlow.

stevecw

Huge result for us last night. Until this 2013 has been horrible for Carlow gaa, senior footballers hammered by a bad Westmeath side, U-21s hammered by Dublin, minors losing both games. Senior hurlers getting relegated and hammered by Laois, minor hurlers losing to Kildare.

Was there last night and what an evening it was. Dubs 1/12 to win, and we stuck with them all the way. That goal at the end to win it, I couldn't believe my eyes...was waiting for it to be disallowed for something. Amazing result and this means so much to us long suffering Carlow supporters. Just when we had written off this year as a disaster, this comes along.

Home to Wexford in semi final, will be some evening on the 26th June. Can't wait!

deiseach

Quote from: stevecw on June 12, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
Huge result for us last night. Until this 2013 has been horrible for Carlow gaa, senior footballers hammered by a bad Westmeath side, U-21s hammered by Dublin, minors losing both games. Senior hurlers getting relegated and hammered by Laois, minor hurlers losing to Kildare.

Was there last night and what an evening it was. Dubs 1/12 to win, and we stuck with them all the way. That goal at the end to win it, I couldn't believe my eyes...was waiting for it to be disallowed for something. Amazing result and this means so much to us long suffering Carlow supporters. Just when we had written off this year as a disaster, this comes along.

Home to Wexford in semi final, will be some evening on the 26th June. Can't wait!

Got goosebumps reading that. Nice one.

Jonah

Quote from: Declan on June 12, 2013, 07:33:20 AM
So much for the hurling revolution in the capital -Was talking to a few lads who were at it and this post on Res Dubs seems to sum it up:

Dear oh dear that was poor viewing there tonight. Kilkenny was shocking bad. His name kept him on the field. Disappointed with Costello too but with injury and football commitments how much hurling has he in the bank?

Looked like a team thrown together this evening and went out expecting it to happen. Lowndes, Kilkenny and Costello with footballers. Trollier, Sutclife, Crummy and possibly Whelan etc with the hurlers. Lads injured and others doing the leaving. Sure when would they have had a chance to do decent collective sessions. For that very reason Shay Boland didn't want to take the job. Having to ask for players from other squads didn't interest him but nobody else wanted it. Appointed by default. He was right too.

Conor Murphy surely good enough to get back on Senior panel having been dropped earlier in the year. The other 2 crumlin lads, Quinn and McGreal I think his name is were well worth a run there tonight. McGreal especially is hurling well is the SHC this year.

Didn't expect us to set the world alight this year but didn't expect us to lose to Carlow in our own back yard tonight regardless of the weather. Awful awful stuff. Its backwards we are going (gone).w

Would have been nice to hear him congratulate Carlow instead of blaming footballers, the leaving cert and the weather.

theticklemister

Go on ya scallioners!

Whats the craic with carlow teams playing in kilkeny? All juvenille?

johnneycool

No their club teams partake in club leagues, not sure as to what level, but you can be sure they're guaranteed regular fixtures throughout the year.

Do Carlow lads not also do the leaving cert or is it only the Dubs?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: stevecw on June 12, 2013, 11:00:02 AM

Taking issue with that Steve. 1 game in which we seriously underperformed, where our talisman failed a fitness test at the 11th hour, is not a fair reflection on our years work. I realise we will have to prove this in the qualifiers.

Well done the other night by the way.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...