Kildare v Dublin thread - where did it go?

Started by inexile, June 06, 2013, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

Oh not to worry Ohtoohtobe, this facility is not just for Dublin but for everyone. Thats what they say and why shouldn't we believe them?
Just like Croke Park is for everyone. Even though one team plays all their home games there and they get to choose which end they warm up in, the same end that their fans own. Plus with home advantage you get home town referees. They'll add on the time which suits the home team the most as an extra bonus, along with the obligatory soft frees.
That's all irrelevant to this though. This place is for EVERYONE. They say it. 'This will cater for the needs of counties, clubs, schools and colleges in Dublin and the greater Leinster area.' Ok that's not everyone but still, it's not just Dublin.
Who will it benefit the most? Well yeah, probably Dublin but why shouldn't they benefit? It's not as if they already get their fair share of profit from the GAA. Well ok, they do already get their fair share but it's not as if they get any extra funding. Well, you're right again they do but.... surely............capital.........volunteers................................???............ammmmmmm......good for football....................population growth........................................good for hurling...........ammmmmmmmm........................................................1 of those.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

squire_in_navy_slacks

Your borderline Ted Bundy "dont matter" ............................

I heard Dublin played the Rossies in a challenge the other night.........any scores buckos???? Is the kildare camp all fit and well ????

Rossfan

We bet Dublin -  by 5 points according to Syfín.
0-18 to 1-10 given on stolensheep so Syfín could be right for once ;D

I'd say we'll take some stoppin now  8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on June 07, 2013, 04:30:54 PM
We bet Dublin -  by 5 points according to Syfín.
0-18 to 1-10 given on stolensheep so Syfín could be right for once ;D

I'd say we'll take some stoppin now  8)

There is never any stopping the Rossies.

A bum steer usually sorts them out for a while, but you'll never stop them.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on June 07, 2013, 07:47:36 AM
Pretty crappy decision by the mods to axe the whole thread rather than take the 7 or 8 minutes to simply delete all the off topic posts

or just ban the imbecile ruining it for everyone else. That would be too simple

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on June 07, 2013, 08:16:16 PM
Pretty crappy decision by the mods to axe the whole thread rather than take the 7 or 8 minutes to simply delete all the off topic posts

Ah, don't be so hard on yourself!

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2013, 08:27:08 PM

you're a funny guy. I suppose you have to learn to laugh well in roscommon.

Rossfan

Stop takin yourself so seriously Indiana and lighten up a biteen.
You're just about the touchiest ( Non 6 Cos ;D) poster around.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on June 07, 2013, 08:42:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2013, 08:27:08 PM

you're a funny guy. I suppose you have to learn to laugh well in roscommon.

Like clockwork  8)

Love you too, man.

inexile

I'm wondering how strong a team Kildare will put out. If the expectation is a big defeat would Kildare management think they might be better off putting out an experimental team for the Dublin match and keeping the main men injury and penalty free for the qualifiers?

Zulu

Wouldn't imagine there is any chance of that happening. Kildare's main aim would be Leinster and it only benefits them going toe to toe with the likes of Dublin win, lose or draw.

Syferus

Aye, doing a Westmeath as it is sure to become known as.

If only other teams had the sheer talent and belief of the Ros maybe the rest of ye would be able to put it up to the Dublins and the Donegals of this world.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2013, 01:25:53 AM

If only other teams had the sheer talent and belief of the Ros maybe the rest of ye would be able to put it up to the Dublins and the Donegals of this world.

Ah !! So that's why we're now going for 3 in a row and are in Div 1 for years.

Drank a bottle of Daddy's beer did we? :-[

AZOffaly

I always kind of liked the Rossies. Dermot Early came to our club when we were underage footballers and gave us a really nice talk. We've played challenge matches against Clan na Gael, Brigids, Padraic Pearses etc, and got on great with all of them. Roscommon football is similar to Offaly football in a lot of ways.

So it's a real achievement for Syferus to make me hope that Mayo hammer them out the gate!

Drummerboy

The reply of the Leinster Hurling quarter final between Wexford and Dublin has been set for Parnell Park, which has caused Liam Dunne, the Wexford manager, to complain. He contends the game should be played in Croke Park.

I guess  you can't keep everybody happy.