Donegal v Down Ulster Semi June 23

Started by J70, June 03, 2013, 02:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Captain Obvious

Odds a little wide for two division one sides?

orangeman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 20, 2013, 02:59:17 PM
Odds a little wide for two division one sides?

They were the exact same odds as last year's Ulster final.

Dubh driocht

Down have never, in my(considerable) life-time been 5 to 1 going into a game.

armaghniac

QuoteDown have never, in my(considerable) life-time been 5 to 1 going into a game.

If the bookies are overturned in the semis, you'd have a traditional Down-Cavan final. One last outing for the Ancien RĂ©gime. The BBC could show it in 405 line black and white.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

That Down defence worries me, in fact it gives me nightmares.

They're plenty capable of getting enough scores to trouble Donegal but totally incapable of keeping concessions down to a reasonable enough amount to be in with a chance of winning.

Itchy

Will there be close to a full house at this match, it would be great to see Breffni full. I don't believe it ever has been since its new stands/terraces were built

Aristo 60

Your own defence is hardly the stuff of blissful dreaming  ::)

western exile

Latest reports are that 4,500 tickets have been sold in Co. Down, so far, and 13,500 sold in Co. Donegal. That can't be correct, can it?  ???

Syferus

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 20, 2013, 08:08:13 PM

Ah, the great excuser - 'sure what would you know, you're county's terrible too!'

You didn't deny the point, though. Down's defence need a vintage performance above and beyond anything we've seen in years from them for the team to have a shot at this one.

donegal lad

Quote from: western exile on June 20, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
Latest reports are that 4,500 tickets have been sold in Co. Down, so far, and 13,500 sold in Co. Donegal. That can't be correct, can it?  ???
Was told last night there was 19000 tickets sold overall. And see there is no tickets available online today so would imagine it will be near a full house

snoopdog

how big a loss will Gallagher prove to be for Donegal. may swing midfield in Downs favour?

Aristo 60

Quote from: Syferus on June 20, 2013, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 20, 2013, 08:08:13 PM

Ah, the great excuser - 'sure what would you know, you're county's terrible too!'

You didn't deny the point, though. Down's defence need a vintage performance above and beyond anything we've seen in years from them for the team to have a shot at this one.

It is a great excuser because it's so simple even the youngest in society can ably understand! Beginning in the playground with "when you point at someone you've three fingers poining back at yourself" later in life it becomes "pot, kettle and black".

I didn't and don't deny your point, I'm just making clear your pot is very, very, very much blacker than my kettle.

western exile

Quote from: donegal lad on June 20, 2013, 09:56:44 PM
Was told last night there was 19000 tickets sold overall. And see there is no tickets available online today so would imagine it will be near a full house

I wasn't doubting the total number sold. I was surprised about the disproportionate ratio

donegal lad

Quote from: western exile on June 20, 2013, 11:34:01 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on June 20, 2013, 09:56:44 PM

I wasn't doubting the total number sold. I was surprised about the disproportionate ratio
I wasn't doubting your figurs just adding info to them. Know donegals original allocation was around 9000 mark and ticket sales in the super values in the county have been steady so the 13500 figure migh be about right be very surprised if down only sold 4500 though that's only half their original allocation