Leitrim v London Connacht SFC Final (June 23 Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada)

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 29, 2013, 02:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Should be a classic
Careful now

Syferus

theticklemister

macdanger2

Pretty sure this thread is about the semi final rather than the final?

The Insider

Just see on another website that Leitrim have dropped 4 players from their panel , are they shooting themselves in the foot ? . I know the 2 of those involved and I can say if the 2 Beirnes ever decided to settle in Longford they'd be more than welcome to join up with us . I know Tomas's work commitments , have met him him at 5 in the morning picking up a load . while other evenings he would park up the lorry in the yard ,be picked up for training and return around 11 and go off to deliver load. I know himself and his father were both disappointed with the treatment of Connor of the year. Think London will relish coming over with this news now and a first Connaught final appearance cannot be ruled out now.

Itchy

Aaron Boone

London population 9million

Leitrim population 35,000

London to win handy.

moysider

Quote from: Itchy on May 29, 2013, 09:50:09 PM
Is there anyone from Leitrim or London on the board?

Err.. Don t think so? Páirc Sheáin doesn t seem to be around anymore?

orangeman

The element of surprise is now gone. London already talking about where the Connacht final will be played and the Leitrim manager being a cute boor by putting out a story about dropping 4 boys for acting the maggot.

Leitrim to win.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on May 30, 2013, 12:01:05 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 29, 2013, 09:50:09 PM
Is there anyone from Leitrim or London on the board?

Err.. Don t think so? Páirc Sheáin doesn t seem to be around anymore?

They're all on Hogan Stand, crazily active forum for a county so small. Lots of talk of the 'North Leitrim Taliban' sabotaging the four poor young south Leitrim bucks. You'd swear they were North and South Korea.

Still don't get how Hogan Stand is as popular as it is. I't's the only forum I've ever encountered that has closing times.

T Fearon

Surely if London make the final it has to be played at Wembley?

sans pessimism

Quote from: T Fearon on May 30, 2013, 05:52:23 AM
Surely if London make the final it has to be played at Wembley?
Not very original T F-check out 'sligo v london ' thread,top of page 7
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Shamrock Shore

Quoteknow the 2 of those involved and I can say if the 2 Beirnes ever decided to settle in Longford they'd be more than welcome to join up with us

I went to boarding school with their auld lad. Albeit he was a few years ahead. We had a phrase to describe a complete and utter loon as a "lakes merchant".

Auld Beirne was a lakes merchant.

Short of going out with axes to murder nuns, puppy dogs and cute little seal cubs, I cannot think of what these lads could have done to merit this. Now feck me if they went out on the sauce and were spotted and word got back then this is a terrible shame. A root up the hole in the confines of the dressing room surely would have sufficed here.

LeppinMick

The four lads were dropped for been on the beer. They were reported after some clib posted pictures of them in a pub on Facebook!!

This is the third year this has happened under this management. The policy is ridiculous as it offers no reprieve whatsoever, 1 slip-up and your gone. If a lad has been dedicated and committed all year then he deserves better for one mistake. At the end of the day these three lads are amateurs in their early 20s. The rule is there for a reason but the punishment does not fit the crime; would a yellow card not suffice! The lads were coming from a club championship game ffs.

The lads are a massive loss to Leitrim, all four would be near certain to feature at some stage against London. Based on what has happened in the same circumstances previous years then there is not a chance of the lads getting back.