Leitrim v London Connacht SFC Final (June 23 Pairc Sean Mac Diarmada)

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 29, 2013, 02:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2013, 02:53:02 PM
I suppose if they win she'll be complaining she can't get a ticket for the final.

I'm sure she'd enjoy the craic on the Hill.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Is this why Prenty closed down the Hyde? The Queen? I'd like to see Prince Philip try to manage to toilets at the Hyde.

ogshead

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2013, 02:53:02 PM
I suppose if they win she'll be complaining she can't get a ticket for the final.

I hate these fair weather supporters. They don't go to the early games and then expect tickets for finals... typical!!

From the Bunker

T'would be novel to see London in a Connacht Final. This is their big chance. It's hard to see it all the same even though there won't be a big gulf in class between the teams today. If Leitrim had to travel to Ruislip, there would be a chance of an upset. But in Carrick Leitrim are always hard to get on top of. Looking at Championship form from last year, Leitrim got hammered by Mayo, while Sligo only lost to Mayo by 2 points. So you'd think the team that beat Sligo would be favourites today?

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 23, 2013, 12:43:22 PM
T'would be novel to see London in a Connacht Final. This is their big chance. It's hard to see it all the same even though there won't be a big gulf in class between the teams today. If Leitrim had to travel to Ruislip, there would be a chance of an upset. But in Carrick Leitrim are always hard to get on top of. Looking at Championship form from last year, Leitrim got hammered by Mayo, while Sligo only lost to Mayo by 2 points. So you'd think the team that beat Sligo would be favourites today?

You should have told us that fact before we went nearly a century without losing in Carrick; it's no fortress. '77 was in Carrick, too..

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on June 23, 2013, 01:03:29 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 23, 2013, 12:43:22 PM

You should have told us that fact before we went nearly a century without losing in Carrick; it's no fortress. '77 was in Carrick, too..

Look it, ye have little to be crowing about
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

If you think pointing out why Carrick isn't a tough place to go to and win is crowing you're still working off the pre-Sam celebration night excesses, or bon-fire night as most of us non Sam-destined plebs refer to it as.

London could play another 100 years and never get a better chance of making a Connacht final. Really looking forward to this one, good crowd too.

Syferus

Mulligan crocked and off now. The gods are smiling on London. 3-3.

Tubberman

Mulligan injury could be the difference between them alright... London ahead 4-3

rodney trotter

London leading 1-4 to 6 at half time
Lorcan Mulvey with the goal

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Tubberman

rodney trotter

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman