Paul Grimley - Statement to Armagh fans

Started by ranch, May 23, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Quote from: Throw ball on May 23, 2013, 12:49:48 AM
He is a manager trying to detract criticism from his players. Many others have done similar. Only time will tell if he has played the right cards.

Maybe. I wouldn't say the players have got much criticism though, it's mainly been aimed at management.

5 Sams

Amazing stuff. My first thought was that it was a piss take as well. Obv not :-\ Can't blame Paddy on this one.
The Aristocrat Years

Throw ball

Quote from: ranch on May 23, 2013, 12:52:07 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on May 23, 2013, 12:49:48 AM
He is a manager trying to detract criticism from his players. Many others have done similar. Only time will tell if he has played the right cards.

Maybe. I wouldn't say the players have got much criticism though, it's mainly been aimed at management.

Maybe you should have read the county forum before admin had a number of posts - rightly - deleted.

ranch

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 23, 2013, 12:52:59 AM
Amazing stuff. My first thought was that it was a piss take as well. Obv not :-\ Can't blame Paddy on this one.

I was one of the few who liked Paddy to be honest. Made mistakes but was hindered in any attempts to make genuine change by others it seemed.

Quote from: Throw ball on May 23, 2013, 12:57:14 AM

Maybe you should have read the county forum before admin had a number of posts - rightly - deleted.

True, I did see those posts. Judging by their content it seemed they were probably made by a few lads who are off school revising for exams.

T Fearon

This is so reminiscent of the old days 20 years ago,where an atrocity occurred followed by a statement admitting responsibility a few days later.Only this statement is signed by Paul Grimley instead of P O'Neill.

T Fearon

Proposed statement from Armagh fans in response.

Dear Paul.We have read your statement with incredulity.The grammar is on a par with your tactical nous.While we accept your sincerity we are at a loss to understand the incapacity to devise Plans A,B,C and D simultaneously,in order that any one of these can be employed at any time and at short notice in response to the set of circumstances faced.We urge you and your coaching team to multi task in this regard.

As to your final point that County delegates will decide the way forward at year end ( which in our case will be early July),quite simply this is precisely the cause of our deepest concern and apprehension!

seafoid

At least banty is not involved.  It seems to be an iconic statement on the situation with the game as is, Modern midget counties like Cavan who only have 5 all Ireland s are not supposed to beat Armagh. Www.catch.yourself.on.co.uk

theticklemister

He sounds like a big woman!

The brothers Grim.......more like the sisters Gay

bennydorano

This regime seems obsessed with openness & transparency (example - the fact Brendan Donaghy wasn't fit was released as a statement through social media on Saturday night). It's a fair change of pace as no County board has had more cloak & dagger moments  than Armagh's. His own shafting when Big Joe allegedly put the kibosh on his succession is obviously a huge factor. I'm neither surprised nor embarrassed by it, last Sunday is a different matter.

Walter Cronc

Christ Armagh are away to f**k if this is true!!

DuffleKing

Who is the county web administrator?

EDIT - I think it is embarrassing Benny.

Ohtoohtobe

That's mental. And the standard of punctuation and grammar makes Armagh County Board look stupid.

brokencrossbar1

Mmmmm... you have to admire his sentiments but concentrate on the f**king job never mind creating sound bites for keyboard warriors and journalists to attach themselves to for an afternoon of fun and frivolity. 

clarshack

cant believe that statement was released. was better off saying nothing.

orangeman

???

Brolly has really got to him.

I have a very astute team around me

I wonder are the PR team as astute ?