Aptitude Tests

Started by illdecide, May 21, 2013, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Spatial Reasoning - Guidance on the test

Verbal Analysis - Reading a passage/paragraph and then asked questions on it

Objects and Diagrams - look at the 4 following objects, one of them is different. Which one is it (a shape rotated in different directions)

The technical question at the bottom is fine and I'd be comfortable with that but the other questions from a paragraph and having to change words that mean the same...that sh1t does my head in...plus 3mins to answer the fecking things

Anyway if any of you guys out there actually do any of this or are experienced in these type of aptitude tests i would appreciate any help you could throw my way...big job riding on it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Aerlik

Go the library and get a book on these.  You will be taught how to "reason" a lot of the stuff esp the "what is the next shape?" questions.  Re. English grammar questions and comprehension, you either know it or you don't.  Get a book on grammar and perhaps it might help.
The Times published a small book a few years ago and I used it.  Damned if I can remember the name of it though.

Can't think of any other way to do it.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2013, 02:21:56 PM
Spatial Reasoning - Guidance on the test

Verbal Analysis - Reading a passage/paragraph and then asked questions on it

Objects and Diagrams - look at the 4 following objects, one of them is different. Which one is it (a shape rotated in different directions)

The technical question at the bottom is fine and I'd be comfortable with that but the other questions from a paragraph and having to change words that mean the same...that sh1t does my head in...plus 3mins to answer the fecking things

Anyway if any of you guys out there actually do any of this or are experienced in these type of aptitude tests i would appreciate any help you could throw my way...big job riding on it

You could google "mensa quiz books" or similar and see what comes up.
You'll get plenty of relevant material in the search returns. Enough to give you a pointer in the right direction.
Bantam Books published a number of quiz paperbacks but I haven't come across a recently published one. However, the best bet would be to check out a news agency at a railway station or an airport.
You're bound to find a few aptitude test books there.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

illdecide

thanks lads (and for the few Pm's i got). I know its the type of thing that you either have it or u don't. Revising will help a bit but don't think it that much, it's basically stuff you should have in your head. I'll def give some of the examples a try and hopefully things work out...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Oraisteach

A key, I think, is making yourself as familiar as possible with the types of questions.  That way, on the day, your anxiety decreases, you relax, and your chance of solving these puzzles increases.  Good luck!