Tyrone v Mayo NFL

Started by Redgreenery, April 02, 2007, 12:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

As per the listing:
                                                              P McConnell

R McMenamin                                           P Donnelly                                        D Carlin

D Harte                                                   C Gormley                                        Justin McMahon

Joe McMahon                                             R Mellon                 

B Dooher                                                M Penrose                                         R Mulgrew

N Gormley                                               C Cavanagh                                        O Mulligan

And that concludes Brothers Grimm for tonight  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redgreenery

The Mayo team to face Tyrone is:

David Clarke (D. Ó Cléirigh) - Beal an Átha       

Aidan Higgins (A. Ó hUiginn) - Baile an Chathail                                 

Liam O'Malley (L. Ó Máille) - Buireas Uamhaill

Keith Higgins (C. Ó hUiginn) - Béal Átha hAmhnais                             

Gary Mullins (G. Ó Maoláin) - Clár Chlainne Mhuiris                             

Billy Joe Padden (L.S. MacPhaidín) - Béal an Mhuirthead                     

Enda Devenney (E. Ó Duibheannaigh) - Beal an Átha                           

Pat Harte (P. Ó hAirt) - Beal an Átha               

James Nallen (S. Ó Nailín) - Crois Mhaoilíona (Captain)

Andy Moran (A. Ó Moráin) - Bealach an Doirin   

Ger Brady (G. Ó Brádaigh) - Beal an Átha         

Aidan Kilcoyne (A. MacGiolla Chadhain) - Cnoc Mór                           

Conor Mortimer (C. Ó Muireartaigh) - Sruthair-Gleann Coirib                 

Alan Dillon (A. Diolún) - Baile an Tobair             

Michael Conroy (M. Ó Conraí) - Na Daibhéidigh 

Tyrones own

"O'Neill coming off the bench is always a nice option to have, although I think MH maybe should have considered SON and Hub for starting roles to get them back inot the swing of things."

Have to agree, Hub should be in the middle along side Mellon with Joe at #3.
   Mulgrew at 11, O'Neill at 12 and what's wrong with Rouse for 14? can we get one more
   look at him before May rolls around, does anyone know the story on him?
   Any possibility of Jordan showing a face at some stage in this game?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 06, 2007, 04:52:10 AM
   Have to agree, Hub should be in the middle along side Mellon with Joe at #3.

I think Donnelly done well at no.3 against Kerry and as such deserves another chance there, there is always the option of moving Joe back is things aren't going well. With the way Hub is playing at the min i think that this is as strong a starting midfield as ther is available. Mellon could be the matural partner for Sean at MF with Joe going to FB for the Championship.

Up front i think we are quite strong with the exception of Penrose, who should be replaced by SON come championship time anyway. I think there is enough quality in this team to get a result to keep them in Div1 next year and a win would be a good confidence boost in the last competative game before championship.

Mayo4Sam

Mayo team is a lot stronger than i expected. I presume keith will be marking mulligan. Be interesting to see devenney against dooher
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

Stronger Mayo team than I expected as well.
Conroy hasn't really featured this year in the league so it's a big chance for him to impress - likewise with Mullins.
I'd be fairly confident with that team - all depending on how they approach the game of couse, but Johnno has been preaching about high intensity so I'd say they'll be going all out for the win.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fear ón Srath Bán

Off for the weekend now, best of luck to both teams, and good luck to any of you Mayo folk who are making the journey, have a good one in Tír Eoghain.

May the better team prevail (= Tír Eoghain  ;))
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rosnarun

good to see heaney given a break , but im disappointed  Marty Mac  hasnt got a run as i think he is the type of player who could make a difference , conroy desrves a chance but he just seems a bit windy to me and devenny would want to seriously upp his game he must be nearly on his last chance at this stage which is probably why Mullins is getting another run. he a bighearted  strongrunner pplasyer lacking a little finesse but a much better overall player than devenney  who make made lurches forward and gets lost .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

Marty Mc injured his ankle playing for Breaffy the day after the Cork match. They put him in a cast so I presume he's not recovered from that yet.
Conroy always looks a bit overweight to me, but he has definitely got the talent.

Redgreenery

It's a much stronger team than I expected too. Wouls have thought Johonno would have given BJ Padden and Andy Moran a break at least, I'm even a bit surprised to see C Mort there, if we lost any of those players in this game to injury it would probably effect the semi's which are next week. Good to see Heaney getting a break, he'll be needed in the semis. Johonno is experimenting too though he is putting A Moran in the half forward line. It'll be interesting to see how some of the other lads get on in the game though.

Is the game been televised??

Tubberman

I read that James Nallen will make a bit of history on Sunday. He will become Mayo's most capped player ever with 123 appearances, and he will captain Mayo on the day.
Congrats to him, he's been some player for Mayo over the last 12 years.

Redgreenery

Didnt realise this, hes been around for a long time and contributed alot to the team and showen dedication.
Congrats to him!

Mayo4Sam

Rosnarun i cant see how u can rate mullins at all, i wouldnt have him on the panel, we have at least 5 wing backs better than him already
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

dodo

Quote from: Redgreenery on April 05, 2007, 11:48:43 PM
The Mayo team to face Tyrone is:

David Clarke (D. Ó Cléirigh) - Beal an Átha       

Aidan Higgins (A. Ó hUiginn) - Baile an Chathail                                 

Liam O’Malley (L. Ó Máille) - Buireas Uamhaill

Keith Higgins (C. Ó hUiginn) - Béal Átha hAmhnais                             

Gary Mullins (G. Ó Maoláin) - Clár Chlainne Mhuiris                             

Billy Joe Padden (L.S. MacPhaidín) - Béal an Mhuirthead                    

Enda Devenney (E. Ó Duibheannaigh) - Beal an Átha                          

Pat Harte (P. Ó hAirt) - Beal an Átha               

James Nallen (S. Ó Nailín) - Crois Mhaoilíona (Captain)

Andy Moran (A. Ó Moráin) - Bealach an Doirin  

Ger Brady (G. Ó Brádaigh) - Beal an Átha        

Aidan Kilcoyne (A. MacGiolla Chadhain) - Cnoc Mór                           

Conor Mortimer (C. Ó Muireartaigh) - Sruthair-Gleann Coirib                 

Alan Dillon (A. Diolún) - Baile an Tobair            

Michael Conroy (M. Ó Conraí) - Na Daibhéidigh 

Is Gary Mullins back playing for Claremorris again as said here ?
If so, didn't last too long with Na Fianna.

Redgreenery

Don't know to be honest could be a mistake, I just seen it on mayogaa.com and posted it here.