Tyrone v Mayo NFL

Started by Redgreenery, April 02, 2007, 12:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hopefully Mickey can name a stronger line-out this Sunday and one that is closer to the original teamsheet!

Pointless trying to predict the team with the injuries to Hughes, McGinley, McMahon, Carlin and God knows who else this week. Gourley also went off injured. Will O'Neill have enough Lemsips in him to play? Is Jordan nearing a return? McCullagh should be suspended so a chance for someone there to shine.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mayo4Sam

Cant see mayo winning this, and like i said before i dont want them to, would much sooner play laois or kildare and kepp our powder dry for gallimh. Will be a good chance for the younger lads on the panel to make a stake for a spot
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Redgreenery

Doubt they'd goet it though unless they make a real impression because the team as it currently is, even missing players is fairly solid!

Fuzzman

Lads is this game still on this Sat night at 7.30pm as originally stated?
According to Aertel and the GAA.IE web site

08.04.2007 (Sun) @ 3.30pm
Division 1A

Ballybofey Dún na nGall v Fear Manach
Referee: Pat McEnaney, Muineachán
Parnell Park Baile Átha Cliath v Ciarraí
Referee: Jimmy McKee, Ard Mhacha
Omagh Tír Eoghain v Maigh Eo
Referee: Derek Fahy, Longfort
Páirc Uí Chaoimh Corcaigh v Luimneach
Referee: Tomás Quigley, BAC

Has yer man Rouse not played any part in the NFL at all this year?
How many are in the squad now or has it still to be cut?

Redgreenery

Mabye it has changed because I got it from gaa.ie last Sunday night as on Saturday at 7:30pm! So could well have changed.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 03, 2007, 10:07:11 AM
Lads is this game still on this Sat night at 7.30pm as originally stated?
According to Aertel and the GAA.IE web site

08.04.2007 (Sun) @ 3.30pm
Division 1A

Ballybofey Dún na nGall v Fear Manach
Referee: Pat McEnaney, Muineachán
Parnell Park Baile Átha Cliath v Ciarraí
Referee: Jimmy McKee, Ard Mhacha
Omagh Tír Eoghain v Maigh Eo
Referee: Derek Fahy, Longfort
Páirc Uí Chaoimh Corcaigh v Luimneach
Referee: Tomás Quigley, BAC

Has yer man Rouse not played any part in the NFL at all this year?
How many are in the squad now or has it still to be cut?

No, think all games have to be played concurrently on Sunday at 15:30.  Squad has been cut to 38, and Paul Rouse hasn't had a run out in the last few games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redgreenery

Yeah the games are on Sunday at 15:30 now.

never kickt a ball

Think it might be on Sunday but not definate on that:

Possible named team?:

1 Pascal
2 Ricey
3 Donnelly
4 Gourley
5 harte
6 Gormley
7 McMahon Jus
8 McMahon Joe
9 Mellon
10 Dooher
11 Penrose
12 Mugsy
13 Mulgrew
14 O'Neill
15 Gormley

Possible starting team?

1 Pascal
2 Ricey
3 Donnelly
4 Carlin
5 Harte
6 Gormley
7 McMahon Jus
8 Holmes
9 Mellon
10 Dooher
11 Penrose
12 Mugsy
13 Mulgrew
14 O'Neill
15 McCarron c

Redgreenery

On the mayo front it wouldnt surprise me if the only changes is the keeper K O Malley as he dislocated his thumb, to be replaced by D Clarke and mabye K O Neill would be named as starting too.

Tubberman

Johnno has said that some of the players who haven't seen much action will be playing against Tyrone on Sunday, and he won't risk anyone with a slight injury.
Great to hear that Ronan McGarrity has joined up with them so soon, but I presume he isn't training yet, more likely it's to keep him involved with the squad until he's ready to make a full return.
From The Mayo News:

Thumbs down for O'Malley

DANIEL CAREY

FRINGE players are likely to feature in Mayo's match against Tyrone on Sunday after Mayo qualified for the semi-finals of the Allianz National Football League with a game to spare. Manager John O'Mahony will consider giving 'game time' to some squad members who haven't featured regularly during next Sunday's match, after victory over Dublin ensured a place in the knockout stages. 
Mayo will be without goalkeeper Kenneth O'Malley for the trip to Omagh. The Ballinrobe man dislocated his thumb while tipping Bernard Brogan's shot over the crossbar on Sunday, and has been ruled out for up to eight weeks. He will also miss Saturday's Connacht U-21 final against Roscommon.
David Brady is also likely to be unavailable after pulling a thigh muscle in training on Saturday morning. Having just recovered from a calf muscle injury, the Ballina man was expected to feature agains;t Dublin but had to sit it out. Even more worrying, O'Mahony has described Ciaran McDonald as '50/50 at best' to be fit to start against Galway on May 20. The Crossmolina man has been hampered by a back injury since last year's All-Ireland final and has only recently returned to light training.
"We're in a league semi-final, so we'll be able to rest anyone who's threatened with injury in the next week," said O'Mahony, who admitted that securing qualification with a week to spare changes the nature of next Sunday's game. "At the same time," he added, "no matter what team or what group you have out there, the only way you can practise for intensive matches is playing intensively, and whether we need the points or we don't, we'll be doing that. It's great to see Ronan McGarrity back in our dressing room here again, and all the injured lads. We'll battle on."
Like the rest of us who were there, O'Mahony struggled to make sense of a second half in which Dublin had a player sent off, missed a penalty and were held scoreless, while Mayo kicked no fewer than 11 wides at the other end.
"We didn't actually play that well, but it was good to get the win anyway," he told the assembled media. "It was all about keeping calm there in the last 15 or 20 minutes and trying to utilise the extra man as best we could. In the first half I felt we took a few wrong options; in the second half we weren't as clinical as we'd like to be. But it was all about getting the points here, because it means we're through to the semi-final with a game to go. We have an awful lot of work to do, but we're glad just to get across the line."
As with the Cork game eight days previously, O'Mahony was pleased that in a 'tight finish', Mayo 'closed the deal' despite 'chinks in the armour'.
"It will bear no relation to [what might happen] if we meet the Dubs later on in the year," he concluded, "but it'll do for today anyway."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fuzzman

Typical and there was me making big plans for Sat nite floodlit games agus craic agus Ceol.

Funny all the different reports ye can get on a match from different sources.
Some papers say Tyrone and Kerry game was crap and very dirty throughout.

Some say Tyrone Midfield was crap while others say McMahon held Dara very well

How did Donnelly do and Full back? Is he not FAR too slow?
Did big Joey not do well there the previous week?

Redgreenery

Well if JOM is resting key players the starting lineout is probably going to be totally different to the team that started against Dublin.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 03, 2007, 10:52:56 AM

How did Donnelly do and Full back? Is he not FAR too slow?
Did big Joey not do well there the previous week?

Donnelly did fine at full-back (IMHO), his best position, as did Joe the week before. Think MH is exploring all the options, which isn't a bad thing, just to give cover when the number 1s aren't available.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rosnarun

heaney looks if he could do with a rest  towards the end of the match last sunday he looked about 90 limping out of breath ect. dindt hamper his play but we need to care for the aged.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tubberman

Heaney is like that in every game, from about 5 mins in!  :D
He must get treatment 4 or 5 times a game. He looks shagged and then when you think he'll have to go off, he's grand again in a couple of mins. If he could shoot consistently he'd be a great weapon from midfield, but even as it is he's doing better than I expected.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."