Fundraising for Suicide Prevention Group

Started by brokencrossbar1, April 30, 2013, 11:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Thanks lad, it hit the £1500 target today.  The response from the Board has been outstanding and I reckon half of the total at least has come from here.  I won't actively bump this from here on but if anyone else does I won't object ;D  Thanks and hopefull you will all give me a wee bit of a push mentally in 10 days time!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 15, 2013, 08:52:41 PM
Thanks lad, it hit the £1500 target today.  The response from the Board has been outstanding and I reckon half of the total at least has come from here.  I won't actively bump this from here on but if anyone else does I won't object ;D  Thanks and hopefull you will all give me a wee bit of a push mentally in 10 days time!
Fcuk me I only donated to get you over £1500 so you would stop bumping this  ;D

Oraisteach

Well, Gavin, I think I've donated.  Wanted to leave a message, but I fear I've exceeded my allotted 150 characters.

So, you're doing a marathon--somewhat unnecessary given the quality of public transportation, don't you think?

Stay hydrated, and remember that the last 25 miles are the hardest.

Fantastic cause, and do all of us GAABoard armchair athletes proud.  Oh, and up the Ogs!

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 16, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
Well, Gavin, I think I've donated.  Wanted to leave a message, but I fear I've exceeded my allotted 150 characters.

So, you're doing a marathon--somewhat unnecessary given the quality of public transportation, don't you think?

Stay hydrated, and remember that the last 25 miles are the hardest.

Fantastic cause, and do all of us GAABoard armchair athletes proud.  Oh, and up the Ogs!

Orais......................... Right up them!  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Count 10

Fair play BCB and well done, hope all goes well with the marathon.

Oraisteach

Let's move BCB to the front of the pack again. 

Syferus

Hope this goes great!

(Paudi Hughes was still the wrong choice, though  ;))

brokencrossbar1

So I'm now officially shitting myself that I'm going to end up in a crumpled heap on the Poyntzpass Road somewhere and I don't even have Orior to cheer me on this time round (Marathon Stalker :D).  Just bumpity bumping this baby up in case any of you good folk have not had a chance yet to donate!  Please Donate Here!

brokencrossbar1

Getting ready to hit the road, all going well I will be back for the Donegal Tyrone game!!!!!  See you all  on the other side!!!!!

Tony Baloney

Best of luck sir. Let us know tomorrow (when you finish( how you got on  :D

Denn Forever

The 2nd lap is the hardest so pace yourself.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Bingo

Expecting update soon from BC1.

I'd say he feeling good right about now!

Oraisteach

brokencrossbar1

Ah jesus, I bloody had to pull up.  Was trotting on nicely tge first half, bang on taget for what I wanted to run around 15 miles I started feeling a knotting in my left calf.  In an effort to keep going I over compensated on the other leg.  I weny on until just before 20 till both calves simply gave up.  I couldn't walk with the pain and I have never experienced the like of it pain wise before.   I have broken ankles, dislocated collarbones but I was in more pain with this. Anyway,  I have not left the couch since I got home. 

Hardy