Fermanagh
2 (1.3%)
Scally Dublin
25 (16.7%)
Waterford/Wexford
2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Tony Baloney

The generic "posh" accent in the north is the worst. It is not specific to any county and generally an affectation.

Tony Baloney

The Donegal and Fermanagh accents too. Sound like real yokels. I worked with a fella from Derrylin and ypu gave up talking to him as it took his sooooo long to say a sentence!

West Tyrone isn't great either or Dunlin or the south west. N. Antrim accent is king  ;D

theticklemister

laoislad

Where is Paddy Barnes from?
I can never understand a word he says.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 27, 2013, 02:30:32 PM
The generic "posh" accent in the north is the worst. It is not specific to any county and generally an affectation.

Girl doing the "business" news on UTV live at 10.30pm during the week is something else when it comes to posh, made up accents.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theticklemister on April 27, 2013, 04:23:48 PM
I should have added north down
Yes that's the one but its influence has spread to all parts. We have people grow up in the Glens and they spend a year at tech or college and come back with this accent  ::)

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 27, 2013, 04:44:40 PM
Yes that's the one but its influence has spread to all parts. We have people grow up in the Glens and they spend a year at tech or college and come back with this accent  ::)

Agree, lots of Glynnsfolk sound like they were reared in Cultraw. Seems to affect women more so than men.

Aerlik

How to confuse an Australian (no. 2,356)... get an east Derry/n. Antrim accent and converse with a Orkneys accent.  Gold. 8)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Fear ón Srath Bán

FFS! A most-hated list and we don't figure - I demand a something or other!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 27, 2013, 06:14:18 PM
FFS! A most-hated list and we don't figure - I demand a something or other!
I included you in my list especially.  ;)

theticklemister

Quote from: laoislad on April 27, 2013, 04:34:46 PM
Where is Paddy Barnes from?
I can never understand a word he says.

Ardoyne or new lodge

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Almost all dup politicians seem to have the same accent, don't know how to describe it but its terrible

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 27, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

You're right Tony. I call it the Methody accent......horrible....was listening to some of the "Goys" being interviewed after the schools rugby final on Patricks Day.
The Aristocrat Years

haveaharp

At one time it was the glaswegian accent when he shone a torch through the car window and started the questions with any ID?

Now i'd say guttural Dublin is the pits only outdone by the put on D4 accent, and the north down bangoore accent is terrible to hear. Belongs more in Surrey. But no matter where you go the worst feckers on earth are the ones that go for that neutral "not from anywhere" accent in a bid to hide where they come from or get on in business.

muppet

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 27, 2013, 07:33:59 PM
Almost all dup politicians seem to have the same accent, don't know how to describe it but its terrible

It sounds like someone singing the Haka, with Luis Suarez biting one testicle while giving birth to Ian Paisley.
MWWSI 2017