Fancy going to Mars???

Started by southdown, April 17, 2013, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456

This is crazy stuff!!  Who in their right mind would apply?  And it will all be shown on a reality TV show!

Shamrock Shore

Can we send a few politicians to fcuk the place up before anyone else gets a chance?

Orior

Quote from: southdown on April 17, 2013, 01:00:13 PM

This is crazy stuff!!  Who in their right mind would apply?  And it will all be shown on a reality TV show!

Why dont they send a crowd of death row prisoners? And I'm sure they could ones smart enough to feed the monkeys who will be flying the spaceship.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on April 17, 2013, 01:17:15 PM
Quote from: southdown on April 17, 2013, 01:00:13 PM

Why dont they send a crowd of death row prisoners? And I'm sure they could ones smart enough to feed the monkeys who will be flying the spaceship.
Could just send up all you Nordies.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

southdown

More racism/ethnic cleansing from Laois  ;D

Shamrock Shore

QuoteCould just send up all you Nordies.

Yeah - and we'd get the blame when Mars gets partitioned!

Orior

I had a look through my telescope the other night and it really doesnt look that far away. Cant be more than a couple of thousand mile.

Are they sure they've got their measurements right?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Send all the telephone sanitisers. What can possibly go wrong?

Shamrock Shore

Robbed from another forum. Send Liverpool fans as then they will have an extra 321 days for it to be their year.

Apologies to Pool fans. I thought it was quite witty!

deiseach

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 17, 2013, 03:45:15 PM
Robbed from another forum. Send Liverpool fans as then they will have an extra 321 days for it to be their year.

That's certainly an improvement on how Rafa/Hodgson/Kenny/Rodgers was caught speeding and the police were willing to let them off but Rafa/Hodgson/Kenny/Rodgers said "please, I need the points!"

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 17, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

Drove past your office earlier SS, you would have had a brick through your window if I had seen that before...

Shamrock Shore

QuoteDrove past your office earlier SS, you would have had a brick through your window if I had seen that before...

Ara Jazes Laoislad. You should have called in. I'd have made you a nice coffee. We even have chocolate biscuits here!

Next time maybe?

laoislad

Sorry Shamrock hadn't time to stop, there was a rich widow in Dún Laoghaire who needed my services.

Eamonnca1

A lot of the pioneers who moved to America knew they weren't going back. Granted it was a bit more hospitable than Mars, but it wasn't without its problems either.  Plenty of pestilence to go around, colonies dying off because of disease.  But at least there was still a magnetic field protecting them from the sun's radiation.

southdown

I'd be surprised if anyone lasted a year on Mars