Stephen O'Neill

Started by NaomhBridAbú, April 15, 2013, 11:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

rrhf

Has already played and scored as well as anyone will this year. A nailed on all star

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on April 15, 2013, 11:34:37 PM
Has already played and scored as well as anyone will this year. A nailed on all star

Total bollocks. Peter Harte was ripping up sides this time last year. Lose your first championship game and it means nothing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

f**k it sure just give it to him now.  ::) ::) ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

theticklemister

Quote from: trileacman on April 15, 2013, 11:50:09 PM

He may be the dog's bollix............but he aint no Gerard Cavlan ;D

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on April 15, 2013, 11:38:05 PM

Total bollocks. Peter Harte was ripping up sides this time last year. Lose your first championship game and it means nothing.
In division 2 yes

INDIANA

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on April 15, 2013, 11:18:55 PM
just class.

only saying

Best forward of the last 20 years when fit in my view. I'd travel anywhere to watch him. A genius.

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on April 15, 2013, 11:54:44 PM

Actually, you are probably right - Cavlan is one of the few players I ever saw who could score from the ridiculous angles that O'Neill scored from on Sunday.
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 16, 2013, 08:02:55 AM

Ye not get the joke???

Actually, you are probably right - Cavlan is one of the few players I ever saw who could score from the ridiculous angles that O'Neill scored from on Sunday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on April 16, 2013, 08:09:43 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 16, 2013, 08:02:55 AM

Ye not get the joke???

No - explain your comic genius to me? Obviously way above my head!
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Quote from: INDIANA on April 16, 2013, 07:33:54 AM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on April 15, 2013, 11:18:55 PM
just class.

only saying

Best forward of the last 20 years when fit in my view. I'd travel anywhere to watch him. A genius.

Is everybody on the wind up here or did I miss something?
Stevie has had a good 2013 to date but if we're being honest Tyrone & probably Dublin have took the league quite seriously this year and have been fitter and hungrier than most teams they've played. When you're that bit fitter, faster to the ball and for a forward quicker to turn then you'll have an edge over your man and so stand out a little.
Stevie has scored some great scores over the year and is probably in my top 5 players that I've ever saw but its not long ago everyone was saying Michael Murphy from Donegal is by far the best player in the country at the moment.

For me personally Peter Canavan was the best I've ever seen with Stevie being 2nd to him. I never saw Frank McGuigan but from the video evidence from that Armagh game he looked unmarkable that day.

Sadly, I fear that Donegal will have Stevie and our whole FF line bottled up with a huge blanket of defenders and so if for no other reason its great to have league games in Croker where we can watch such exquisite scores as we saw last Sunday. How Mickey Harte can't admit that himself and open his eyes to how the style of defending has prevented such exciting play beggars belief.
Can you imagine in 2013, Dublin or Donegal allowing Mugsy to run 40 yards and do two great dummies like he did back in 2005. Don't think so. He'd be hauled down

theticklemister

I said stevie o neill was the dogs bollix ..... But he was no gerard cavlin. Dog is the connecting word here benny.

Do ye mind a few years ago cavlin had a run in with a few pitbulls and loyalists........lol??

blanketattack

2 great points, but we could appreciate them even more with a bit of decent camera work.
RTE are outdated with their fixed point cameras. A moving camera that was in line with the ball would really capture the points in all their glory.