Galway v Mayo Sunday May 19th 2013 - Pearse Stadium

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: seafoid on May 16, 2013, 09:11:18 AM
I wonder how Galway will get on at midfield.
Thats the $64,000 dollar question for a lot of Galway folk this weekend.  Our lads around the middle wont have the power of the 2 Shea's but we would be a little more mobile - I would be including Tom Flynn there from our perspective as that is where he will operate for a lot of the game I reckon.  As is the norm in modern day football, the half-back's and half-forwards's will all be expected to win the "dirty ball" and establish a platform for the overall shape of the game. 

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on May 16, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxS0CvjC0

This is the year to take down the Brolly.

C'mon Mayo!

Cannot wait to hear him after we bate ye into dust. He'll have to be careful not to do himself an injury with all the uncontrollable laughing.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 16, 2013, 05:28:57 PM

C'mon Mayo!

Cannot wait to hear him after we bate ye into dust. He'll have to be careful not to do himself an injury with all the uncontrollable laughing.

No sign of that sunrise, sonny
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=21601.msg1113211#msg1113211

Rossfan

C'mon Mayo!

Mods,
any chance of suspending Syfín for a while. :-[
Go out for a good long walk Syf - you need a bit of fresh air to clear your silly headeen. :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Jaysus Rossfan, it's not like you to be so downhearted! Or is it?? I'm looking forward to your Gettysburg speech (irrespective of who wins on Sunday, ok it better be Mayo). One of my highlights of the summer!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoman dan

Are Barrett and Cunniffe injured? Im a huge fan of Donie Vaughan but hes not a cb IMO. Tom Cunniffe is a lot steadier in this position and his distribution is way ahead of Vaughans

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2013, 06:31:13 PM

C'mon Mayo!

Mods,
Go out for a good long walk Syf - you need a bit of fresh air to clear your silly headeen. :-X

There's only one IP address for the whole of Roscommon so you'd be pretty screwed then.  :'(

So, any truth to the rumour Horan's playing fantasy football with the announced line-up and Dillon is going to start for Coen, with COC moving into the forward line?

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Jaysus Rossfan, it's not like you to be so downhearted! Or is it?? I'm looking forward to your Gettysburg speech (irrespective of who wins on Sunday, ok it better be Mayo). One of my highlights of the summer!!

Might be better shtickin to the long grass the year --- i.e if any effin grass grows at all  ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 16, 2013, 08:27:31 PM

C'mon Mayo!

Mods,

There's only one IP address for the whole of Roscommon so you'd be pretty screwed then.  :'(

So, any truth to the rumour Horan's playing fantasy football with the announced line-up and Dillon is going to start for Coen, with COC moving into the forward line?

That makes sense all right Syferus. Although I haven't heard any rumour to suggest it would happen, Horan is not known to make really startling changes.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2013, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 16, 2013, 08:27:31 PM

C'mon Mayo!

Mods,

That makes sense all right Syferus. Although I haven't heard any rumour to suggest it would happen, Horan is not known to make really startling changes.

I doubt very much that Horan would use a young fella as a stalking horse or patsy. Besides I m sure Galway will be expecting some input from Dillon anyway and it s not like they wont have planned for several eventualities.

The Mayo inside forward selection is ... well I know it sounds dreadful, but it is the scraping of the barrell. But as I said earlier they could do the business. I d suspect all 3 are in a situation they might not have expected to be a few weeks and they re probably really up for this.

Of the forward subs named Dilllon and Andy are not match fit and only Dillon likely to have any role. I expect Andy s presence on the bench more a morale thing i suspect. Then there is Alan Murphy and O Sé the younger. There isn t a pile of options.

Regan was pushing hard to start but he s gone. So is Doherty and Conroy.

Hopefully Dillon can play a bit and of course Feeney is being kept for the fireman role he does so well.

Syferus

The word from Andy is that he won't feature at all unless he's needed. Hopefully whatever happens he stays healthy because you don't want to see a player of his quality on the blocks in the summer no matter what jersey they wear.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2013, 12:08:23 AM
The word from Andy is that he won't feature at all unless he's needed. Hopefully whatever happens he stays healthy because you don't want to see a player of his quality on the blocks in the summer no matter what jersey they wear.

He ll probably be needed but I still don t expect to see him.

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on May 17, 2013, 12:28:33 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2013, 12:08:23 AM

He ll probably be needed but I still don t expect to see him.

why waste a place on the bench then. with 2 debutants the chances of subs being need in the forwards is very high,
don't tell me the squad is pard back that much we're putting players without a hope of playing on the bench
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere