Leinster Minor 2013

Started by The Insider, April 10, 2013, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

The 2013 Leinster minor championship starts tomorrow night followed by 3 games on Saturday and final 2 games next week. Any chance of a new county emerging to win , the following is the 1st rd draw.
1 Killkenny v Kildare
2 Longford v Laois
3 Offaly v Meath
4 Westmeath v Wexford
5 Louth v Dublin
6 Wicklow v Carlow
Qualifiers draw Loser 3 v Loser 2 , winner v loser 1 . Loser 6 v loser 4 , winner v loser 5.
Can anyone see beyond a Dublin , Meath or Kildare winner . Kildare must surely soon win one .

Captain Obvious

Leinster minor championship is so good that you need two threads?

Dougal Maguire

They need 2 given that unlike Ulster they have a full qualifier competition. Well need 3 for Munster
Careful now

Shamrock Shore

I shudder to think of the massacre that should unfold in Kilkenny v Kildare.

Feckin Laois again. I don't know how Longford minor are shaping up. Hopefully they'll give it a good rattle.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jonah

Drummerboy

Dublin have a very young team this year, not too much expected.

ross4life

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 11, 2013, 09:46:44 AM
I shudder to think of the massacre that should unfold in Kilkenny v Kildare.

Feckin Laois again. I don't know how Longford minor are shaping up. Hopefully they'll give it a good rattle.
They have just finished two league competitions one in Connacht the other in Leinster & you lost more games than you won. Longford had a very good U-16 team last year that team should be coming through next year at minor level.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: Drummerboy on April 11, 2013, 11:25:28 PM

Very little to be honest. Kildare and Meath are the two best. We're banking on getting a few wins and hopefully improving. But physically we will struggle

Louth have a  good chance tomorrow

Croí na hÉireann

Expecting the same as last year, a whole pile of nothing. Bizarrely the players aren't half bad but a shambles of a set up.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jonah

Quote from: INDIANA on April 12, 2013, 07:40:18 AM
Quote from: Drummerboy on April 11, 2013, 11:25:28 PM

Very little to be honest. Kildare and Meath are the two best. We're banking on getting a few wins and hopefully improving. But physically we will struggle

Louth have a  good chance tomorrow

Good win for Dublin today.

laoislad

FT : Laois 1-09 Longford 0-06

Shamrock Shore

laoislad

Shamrock Shore

2 Longford lads straight red carded at the end and 2 players ended up in hospital I heard.

What 2 in hospital I am not sure - not even what side.

I am sure Insider will elaborate as he was there.