Meath 1-17 Longford 2-10;

Wexford 1-15 Louth 2-11

The draw has also been made tonight from the Leinster Gaa Twitter

Electric Ireland Leinster MFC Quarter Finals 11th May:

Offaly v Kildare;

Dublin v Wexford;

Westmeath v Wicklow;

Laois v Meath

I'm guessing it's home advantage for whoever was first out of the hat based on past years apart from Kildare and Offaly for some reason which will be in Newbridge, possibly due to Offaly having home advantage for the same fixture two years ago?

Dinny Breen

Semi-finals - Saturday 6 July
Kildare or Offaly v Dublin or Wexford, TBC, TBC
Westmeath or Wicklow v Laois or Meath, TBC, TBC

Final - Sunday 20 July

Offaly would have better off losing to Meath.

If they were to win it they'll probably have to beat Kildare, Dublin and Meath *2

Ridiculous system.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

It's the most utterly, utterly stupid system I've ever seen for a GAA competition. We drew Kilkenny in prelim round, and therefore are effectively the only county in Leinster not to get a second chance.

rodney trotter

They should have the same knock out system in all 4 provinces. Back door in Munster and Leinster, knock out in Ulster and Connacht.

Tipperay beat Kerry twice last year in Munster, and Kerry still ended up getting to the Semi's while Tipp were beaten in the quarters.

Kildare were never going to be beaten by Kk.

The Insider

Posted on a topic sometime last year, that minor championships was under review . Liam O Neill's hope to move minor to U-17 ,the move to stop U-16 inter county tournaments are all part of the softening up process to move away from the provincial model to a 4 x 8 cross provincial competition. There is little hope for at least 20 of the 32 counties of ever winning a national title under the present system partly because of population trends. If every club in Longford were to field in minor league competition tomorrow a total of 220 players from the age of 15 up would start, 5 clubs are only able to be competitive at 15 a side in our Division 1 competition. We have not won a 1st round game since 2008. Without a competitive club scene which has seen 2 of our clubs winning  All Ireland Feile titles in 2010 and 2012 , and some Longford clubs doing well in the Leinster U-16 league and the success of our Vocational schools teams it would be very easy to feel sorry for ourselves and decline to put in the work at county level . The Leinster and Munster models are not perfect but at least you have a 2nd chance but I feel as with most counties putting in similar training to senior sides now and minor being the culmination of 4 years work moving through the development squads the present system is outdated and changes have to be made

Lone Shark

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 02, 2013, 04:10:20 PM
It's the most utterly, utterly stupid system I've ever seen for a GAA competition. We drew Kilkenny in prelim round, and therefore are effectively the only county in Leinster not to get a second chance.

In fairness chances are that this Kildare team would have done a good job on a lot of counties so unless ye drew someone strong, ye'd have won well and learned little.

That said if I'm not mistaken, the team that drew Kilkenny in round one has lost the quarter final in nine of the last ten years. I'm not 100% on that, but it's not far off. That would suggest that it's the one draw you want to avoid.

Dinny Breen

Could be money made backing Offaly Saturday so...

PP Odds

Kildare U18 v Offaly U18    4/7    7/1    7/4

Westmeath U18 v Wicklow U18    1/3    8/1    11/4

Laois U18 v Meath U18    6/4    7/1    4/6

Dublin U18 v Wexford U18    1/5    10/1    4/1

Leinster Outright (pp)

Dublin U18    2/1
Meath U18    11/4
Kildare U18    7/2
Laois U18    6/1
Westmeath U18    13/2
Offaly U18    8/1
Wexford U18    20/1
Wicklow U18
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

How many 50:50s and phone a friends do we have left?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on May 09, 2013, 03:24:33 PM
How many 50:50s and phone a friends do we have left?

Well you lost 3 last year so you still have a couple of life-lines left.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 09, 2013, 02:47:49 PM

PP Odds

Leinster Outright (pp)

Dublin U18    2/1
Meath U18    11/4
Kildare U18    7/2
Laois U18    6/1
Westmeath U18    13/2
Offaly U18    8/1
Wexford U18    20/1
Wicklow U18

Looking at those odds it seems not much notice was taken of Dublin,Meath less than impressive performances in the opening round. Connacht v Leinster in All Ireland quarter finals this August hopefully we are involved.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

The Kildare Minor Management team have named the starting 15 who will play Offaly in the electric Ireland Leinster Football Quarter Final in St Conleths Park tomorrow with Throw in at 2.00pm.

The team lines out as Follows:

Sean Dempsey   Sarsfields
    Cian McConnell   Sarsfields
    Luke Flynn   Balyna
    Diarmuid Hartley   Sarsfields
    Jamie Flynn   Round Towers
    Niall Fleming   Round Towers
    Paul Mescal   Maynooth
    Paschal Connell   Athy
    Mark Sherry   Two Mile House
    Ryan Houlihan   Moorefield
    Tommy Cribbin   Clane
    Jamie Connolly   Moorefield
    Wayne Fitzpatrick   Monasterevin
    Neil Flynn   Maynooth
    Chris Healy   Two Mile House
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Is Mescal still playing rugby Dinny?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

wexman

PP Odds

Leinster Outright (pp)

Dublin U18    2/1
Meath U18    11/4
Kildare U18    7/2
Laois U18    6/1
Westmeath U18    13/2
Offaly U18    8/1
Wexford U18    20/1
Wicklow U18

I'd be putting money on Wicklow at those prices. Westmeath are missing their best player Loughlin for this game, and if it wasnt for him, Wexford would have won handy against them. Going by comparisons, Wicklow beat Carlow by a similar score to Wexford, so there wouldnt be much between Wexford/Wicklow and Westmeath. Loughlin missing I think is a huge blow to Westmeath, and at those odds, a good punt on Wicklow.

Drummerboy

I'm a Dub and I reckon Wexford are fantastic value at 4/1.

neilthemac

Quote from: wexman on May 10, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

PP Odds

Leinster Outright (pp)

Dublin U18    2/1
Meath U18    11/4
Kildare U18    7/2
Laois U18    6/1
Westmeath U18    13/2
Offaly U18    8/1
Wexford U18    20/1
Wicklow U18

I'd be putting money on Wicklow at those prices. Westmeath are missing their best player Loughlin for this game, and if it wasnt for him, Wexford would have won handy against them. Going by comparisons, Wicklow beat Carlow by a similar score to Wexford, so there wouldnt be much between Wexford/Wicklow and Westmeath. Loughlin missing I think is a huge blow to Westmeath, and at those odds, a good punt on Wicklow.

not a chance
Westmeath have two big players back who were playing with Granard school
and game is in Mullingar
Can see 5+ points in this game at least