Less than two weeks to go to Nathan Carter concert at Athletic Grounds.

Started by T Fearon, April 07, 2013, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on April 21, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2013, 09:59:50 AM
Official attendance was 3,453. Not sure what they were expecting. Would you get 5000 in the stand?

Good turnout. Tidy wee profit I am sure.

Inspired move by the county board. Everybody will be happy now.
Under what criteria would that be considered a good turnout for a stadium gig?!
Also, it would be interesting to see how many of those 3,453 in attendance bought tickets... and what size the comps/guest list was.

T Fearon

Certainly if even 3000 bought tickets thats £60k income, and deducting artist fee and other costs should lesve a tudy enough profit for the County Board

ranch

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 21, 2013, 08:12:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 21, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2013, 09:59:50 AM
Official attendance was 3,453. Not sure what they were expecting. Would you get 5000 in the stand?

Good turnout. Tidy wee profit I am sure.

Inspired move by the county board. Everybody will be happy now.
Under what criteria would that be considered a good turnout for a stadium gig?!
Also, it would be interesting to see how many of those 3,453 in attendance bought tickets... and what size the comps/guest list was.

If you go on to the Armagh website it shows some pics from it. The way they designed the layout it makes it look like a good crowd were there. I was opposed to the idea originally, and I think the county board themselves realised early on how they would struggle to sell as many as they had planned.

T Fearon

Good enough idea but the wrong artist.Then again which artist would attract 10, 000 plus to a GAA stadium like the Athletic Grounds without exorbitant ticket prices?

JUst retired

Ranch,there were only 300 people there but we kept moving them around to give the impression of a crowd.  good idea or what. :)

snoopdog

now i know where my devil worshipping i mean country and western loving cousins were on saturday night.  ;D

ranch

Quote from: JUst retired on April 22, 2013, 11:28:04 AM
Ranch,there were only 300 people there but we kept moving them around to give the impression of a crowd.  good idea or what. :)

You can't deny that originally the county board thought they'd be selling 10,000 + tickets.

JUst retired

Ranch. I can deny it because it was always planned to set up the stage etc. the way it was. To set up any other way would not have been possible. They hoped for about 4000 ticket sales. For a first venture in this type  of thing I thought it went very well. The sales of merchandise, drink and food also went very well. You will find other counties following our lead.
Next year onwards and upwards. 8)

thejuice

I just hope Meath CB don't get any ideas. I often accuse them of not doing anything but now I realise thats when they do the least amount of damage.  :(

I can already hear the names Mary Duff and Johnny Logan being tossed around the their heads.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

LeoMc

Quote from: thejuice on April 23, 2013, 10:02:47 AM
I just hope Meath CB don't get any ideas. I often accuse them of not doing anything but now I realise thats when they do the least amount of damage.  :(

I can already hear the names Mary Duff and Johnny Logan being tossed around the their heads.

We will send Philomena and Hugo down.
Justice Revenge for 96.

johnneycool

Quote from: JUst retired on April 23, 2013, 08:52:55 AM
Ranch. I can deny it because it was always planned to set up the stage etc. the way it was. To set up any other way would not have been possible. They hoped for about 4000 ticket sales. For a first venture in this type  of thing I thought it went very well. The sales of merchandise, drink and food also went very well. You will find other counties following our lead.

I'm almost certain Waterford County board did something similar a couple of years ago and got stung financially, so it's not without its pitfalls.

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2013, 11:53:56 AM
I'm almost certain Waterford County board did something similar a couple of years ago and got stung financially, so it's not without its pitfalls.

Yeah, they tried to establish a festival of sorts in Dungarvan with Jedward (!) as the lead act. A crowd of 3,500 would have been a tremendous success.

Applesisapples

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 21, 2013, 03:01:19 PM
Just to get something straight.  This asshole Carter has went and taken one of the best songs of the last 10 years, (Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show, with a part of the chorus actually written by Bob Dylan) and f**king annihilated it.  He deserves a fart in the mouth.
Couldn't agree more, well said.

ranch

Quote from: JUst retired on April 23, 2013, 08:52:55 AM

Nathan Carter? Yeah inspired choice.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge regarding the set up, I've clearly been misinformed.
Also, is it true that the clubs had to fork out for any tickets they failed to sell?

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2013, 08:18:37 PM
Certainly if even 3000 bought tickets thats £60k income, and deducting artist fee and other costs should lesve a tudy enough profit for the County Board
And looking at the set-up, they didn't spend a fortune.