Less than two weeks to go to Nathan Carter concert at Athletic Grounds.

Started by T Fearon, April 07, 2013, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Anyone actually going to this? It was announced to day during the Armagh V Galway game that Hugo Duncan would be acting as compere!

ranch

I was originally opposed to this because I couldn't see how the county could sell it.

Little did I know they would just expect the clubs to sell 20 tickets each when they realised they couldn't sell it out (months after the first tickets were released), and force them to pay for the ones they fail to sell. Ridiculous.

seafoid

Is Nathan Carter his real name? Did his parents know he was destined to be a
country and western singer?  Are there other people out there whose parents had the same feeling and named their spawn accordingly but were actually wrong? 

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on April 08, 2013, 08:54:37 AM
country and western singer?  Are there other people out there whose parents had the same feeling and named their spawn accordingly but were actually wrong?

Nathan Carter is his real name. He does not come from a musical family, although there's a lot of Oirishness knocking around.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on April 08, 2013, 09:00:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 08, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Nathan Carter is his real name. He does not come from a musical family, although there's a lot of Oirishness knocking around.
Thanks Deiseach. Is he related to Carter USM ?

Arthur_Friend

Someone inform Guinness there could be a new world record for amount of straw cowboy hats in one place.

Orior

What is the big deal with Nathan?

Why has Armagh appeared to have latched on to Nathan?

To be fair though, this is much better way of growing a following than x-factor or pop idol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

I wonder how many of Nathan's adoring Country & Irish public know of his murky past - recording songs for the benefit of the English soccer team!

QuoteCHOIR GETS ALL TOGETHER NOW; Euro 2004 video filmed in city.

Byline: PADDY SHENNAN ECHO Writer

A SCHOOL choir and scores of young footballers helped recreate the classic film musical West Side Story in Liverpool yesterday.

A remixed version of All Together Now by The Farm,featuring the SFX Boys' Choir, Liverpool will be the FA's official song for Euro 2004.

An accompanying video is being filmed today and tomorrow at various Merseyside locations,including the Buckley Hill Lane playing fields and the Sefton estate in Netherton, the Bull Ring in Liverpool and the Granby area of Toxteth.

"We're filming a kind of West Side Story -with a twist,'' said Farm bassist and video producer Carl Hunter, of Liverpool-based Grey-hound Films. We'll see a Mexican stand-off between two gangs and then one lad from each gang pick up what look like weapons -a brick and a piece of wood. But these are instead used to fix some damaged goalposts.

"And then a mass game of football breaks out -and we'll see the lads from the SFX Boys' Choir taking part while wearing their cassocks.''

Carl, who was aided by acclaimed Crosby-based writer Frank Cottrell Boyce, who wrote the screenplay to 24 Hour Party People,added: "The idea was to get away from the lager lout image of football songs.

"There will also be shots of goals painted on walls in various streets in Liverpool and pitches which use jumpers for goalposts, cones, and shopping trolleys.''

Twenty-four members of the 42 strong choir,aged 11 to 13,feature on the track -they were recruited by The Farm's singer, Peter Hooton, after he saw them perform at the annual Hillsborough Memorial Service at Anfield.

Head chorister Nathan Carter, 13, said: "I loved recording the song. It was very exciting.''

Also taking part in the video will be residents of the Sefton estate in Netherton, members of the Klondike Community Centre in Bootle, the Toxteth Tigers football team and teams from Great Crosby Primary School.

T Fearon

Orior, I think the Armagh County Board (not noted for their knowledge of the Country Music or any other form of music scene) booked Nathan, thinking that he was going to fill the Athletic Grounds (ie 20,000 people at £20 a head) and make cosiderable inroads as regards the outstanding stadium debt.

However rather belatedly, the way they're pushing this frantically, it has dawned on them that he is an artist who would just about fill the ball room at the Armagh City Hotel, but not a large sporting arena.

Lessons will be learned though, and I fully expect this venue, like Slane, will take off, and am looking forward to seeing the Rolling Stones, Springsteen and U2 perform there in the coming years ;D

qubdub

Have yous boys not seen him! I kid you not, he runs around with 3, yes 3 buttons undone on his shirt!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on April 08, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Orior, I think the Armagh County Board (not noted for their knowledge of the Country Music or any other form of music scene) booked Nathan, thinking that he was going to fill the Athletic Grounds (ie 20,000 people at £20 a head) and make cosiderable inroads as regards the outstanding stadium debt.
Sounds a bit clue-less. You'd think that even people who don't know music would know that to sell 20,000 tickets you need a chart-topper... even a look at his other tour dates, which include the Hillgrove in Monaghan, and the only 'sold out' date on his site in - wait for it - Ballymoney Bowling Club, would be a clue.

And that's before you hear the music.

T Fearon

I heard someone at the County Board Meeting suggested Led Zeppelin,to which one delegate responded "Does anyone know him?"  ;D

Clueless isn't the word for it! And as if booking Nathan Carter isn't bad enough,adding Hugo Duncan in a vain attempt to sell tickets is just inexcusable.

Tony Baloney

Derrynoose GAC near me have this superstar at the club in August. Derrynoose has a population of 3000 according to census figures. That should have been enough info for Armagh Co. Board.

ranch

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 08, 2013, 07:24:08 PM
Derrynoose GAC near me have this superstar at the club in August. Derrynoose has a population of 3000 according to census figures. That should have been enough info for Armagh Co. Board.

It's f*cking embarrassing.

Maguire01

It's a long way from Rage Against The Machine in Semple Stadium.