The Masters 2013.

Started by laoislad, April 04, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy Wonder

They're the Georgia county colours

give her dixie

Savage golf been played out there at the moment. Rooting for Cabrera to win.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Minder

Nothing wrong with Scott's onions this time
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

That has me aroused.
Might go up and give the wife a nudge.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leaveherinsir

Fair play to Scott. I questioned his mental fortitude at the beginning of this thread. But he showed he has it over the back nine and play off. Some brilliant golf both from him and Cabrera

Puckoon

Kudos to Scott, a worthy champion and Angel showing all the class he's famous for.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 15, 2013, 12:44:54 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 15, 2013, 12:36:13 AM
Nothing wrong with Scott's onions this time
Need to ask, were you ahead of us?

No I just meant in general how he played the last few holes and sudden death, even if he didn't win.

Minder

I would say they will be looking to get the Chinese amateur at work in the kitchens at Augusta when they go off air.

Tony Baloney

;D

Well done Adam. Covered my bets, my Grand National losses and enough left over to treat the wife to a pastie supper.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteThat has me aroused.

Hope you kept on the fairway and avoided the rough LL!

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 15, 2013, 08:02:45 AM
QuoteThat has me aroused.

Hope you kept on the fairway and avoided the rough LL!

Unfortunately the course was closed SS so no play was had!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

highorlow

QuoteEverything points to Adam Scott this year. He is a big price at 28/1.

I hope someone listened to me.

May aswell say it now MAYO for SAM 2013!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Shamrock Shore

QuoteUnfortunately the course was closed SS so no play was had!

I assume you had to go on the driving range then on your own  ???

Bingo

The golf and excitement was very ordinary for a long time last night but the moves over the last few holes and the play-off was just brillant. Nerves of steel.

Brother in Law had a good one on a bet for it. His lad wanted the 14 year old backed to make the cut. Went to local bookies (not one of the big chains). Asked for odds, the cashier said 1000/1 and he said, not to win it but to make the cut. She looked it up, rang another office and eventually came back with 300/1, he said that couldn't be right, she insisted it was, he still queried it bur she was happy with it, he had the slip wrote out but she put the odds on and circled it, as they do.

Anyways, the bet obviously came in but when he went to collect, obviously they won't pay out 300/1 and said she made a balls of it, it should have been 20/1, which seems about right - it been the masters, its a small field with the 10 shot rule and a high % would make the cut.

Anyways, he pulled them on it a bit and withheld the belt to see if they offer him more, as they made the mistake. His argument been if he knew he was 20/1 only, he'd have lumped on him more than the tenner he put on. A long shot and he doesn't expect anything out of it. But is due to go into them today to meet the "boss".

I've heard of this before and the bookies always seem to be well covered.

His lad who wanted the bet on was very excited mind you and came crashing down to earth!