Ciaran McKeever

Started by Jinxy, March 28, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

What does McKeever mean by cheating? Is he talking about hiting fellas when they're not looking and running back to the subs bench or making up stories about racism when he wants to get a red card overturned?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Wildweasel74

Mckeever problem is he a main offender, with dragging down, body checks, and holding on to a jersey at every opportunity. if your good enough, fast enough, you shouldnt have to hold onto a man jersey. Tony Scullion talking at the meeting has 4 all stars and never had to do bodychecks, dragging, etc has he had nature ability to mark a forward. too many defenders these days are manufactured gym duracell bunnies lacking the ability of defenders 20yrs back. Even in my own county team i am shocked at the amount of defenders that cant kickpass a pass over 20m, and would have some offenders of the body check which players are trained to do these days. I think the rules should have been tried through a league campaign, and if there was any improvement or certain parts of the rules needed dropped, do this then bring in revised rules after the test run the following year.
Bringing the rule in at all levels is the problem, some of the refs in club football cant manage the existing rules so these additional rules will bring problems to club football

nrico2006

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2013, 11:23:45 AM
What does McKeever mean by cheating? Is he talking about hiting fellas when they're not looking and running back to the subs bench or making up stories about racism when he wants to get a red card overturned?

He's good at making up stories about verbal abuse when it suits him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orchardman

This is the first time i've commented on here about the black card but it think it's a great idea. Easy to see the selfish minds like harte and our own mckeever, of course their only looking out for themselves.

But i've had this argument all week with friends who claim it's not a mans game, blah blah. Thta is a totally different issue, yes it is frustrating if some refs blow up you for a good hit or if lads take a dive for soft frees. But this black card is for total blatent fouling, it's not spur of the moment stuff. That eoin cadogan tackle has been widely mentioned as an example and would you believe I only bothered to go and look at it yesterday, it would make you sick. There is nothing manly about that tackle, unless ur playing the egg chasing game. Now of course many others would have done it so i'm not getting at cadogan, but the rules need changed.

Of course no system is perfect, and as it was the last minute then it's likely he would have done it anyway, and sean cavanagh did an similiar disgusting tackle against dublin in the last minute, but we have to start somewhere.

The rest of the game needs to allow proper physicality of course, and that's where we just need refeering standards to improve, but i dare anyone on here to go and try it and it's a nightmare job with no thanks and plenty of abuse. I wouldn't do it

Armaghgeddon

Can black card be given to players that dive as well

rodney trotter

Colm O Rourke hits out at cynical play http://t.co/pKLiVI6NCg

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Dont Matter on March 29, 2013, 11:23:45 AM

Alright Billy. How's things?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead