FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

What about the Tyrone choke tackle?  it's gathered a tactical momentum with being adopted as standard in the Irish rugby game, albeit a modified milder form - without the sly digs.
Surely we can't take away the Tyrone choke tackle from them?

theticklemister

Quote from: Main Street on March 24, 2013, 12:52:06 PM
What about the Tyrone choke tackle?  it's gathered a tactical momentum with being adopted as standard in the Irish rugby game, albeit a modified milder form - without the sly digs.
Surely we can't take away the Tyrone choke tackle from them?

They took away free-flowing football. f**k them.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Let's replace the Railway Cup with a Red Hand Rules series. Sure to ignite this board's interest, anyways.

Jinxy

I'm sure Mickey and co. are already working on a new stealth tackling system that uses pressure points to disable any opponent that crosses the halfway line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Denn Forever

Will the Black card reduce tactical substitutions as will have to hold a few back in case someone gets Black carded?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

stew

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 01:47:16 PM
I'm sure Mickey and co. are already working on a new stealth tackling system that uses pressure points to disable any opponent that crosses the halfway line.

Correcto, Mickey has proposed that anyone who gets a yellow against tyrone costs his team two points, naturally the green card gets you a three point defecit and deported from the USA and the brown means you are shite and Tyrone benefit to the tune of four points, you get the picture.

Basically Mickey has Tyrone winning the next 17 AIF's by an average of Tyrone 0-6 the udders minus 1-8.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Jinxy

Are people more stupid than they used to be?
In general?
The amount of lads that watch a match like Mayo vs. Donegal today and think that because there would have been a heap of black cards, the game will descend into farce when the new rule comes in.
Complete inability to join the dots.

theticklemister

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Are people more stupid than they used to be?
In general?
The amount of lads that watch a match like Mayo vs. Donegal today and think that because there would have been a heap of black cards, the game will descend into farce when the new rule comes in.
Complete inability to join the dots.

hopefully the black card introduction will see an end to the shite that was in castlebar today.

Armaghgeddon

The refs don't know when to hand out a red or yellow card. Black is pointless to be honest and it just makes referees even more indecisive.

The Trap

I found it very interesting that the video used to back the FRC proposals featured footage mainly from Cork v Kerry games! Not a Tyrone man in sight (apart from Stevie O'Neill getting tripped)! I guess we can all blame those bad Munster Men  8)!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QBhikkHoNcg

Hardy

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 24, 2013, 08:18:15 PM
The refs don't know when to hand out a red or yellow card. Black is pointless to be honest and it just makes referees even more indecisive.

Yes - what happens to yellow cards now?

ONeill

Seems to me that yellows will be dished out for unintentional fouls (clumsy, bad tackling)
Black cards for intentional fouls (trips, rugby tackles)

Again, the jersey pull is not covered. Also those blocks are going to be impossible to manage. Going to be easy for the man laying off to deliberately time it so he runs into a defender just after release.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Hardy on March 24, 2013, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 24, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

Yes - what happens to yellow cards now?

I can see it being used in some instances - to keep players behaviour in check or for lazy defending. Like I said, even if it is a rugby tackle challenge, it should be a yellow card. I would have preferred the introduction of a sin bin system.

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2013, 08:49:52 PM
Seems to me that yellows will be dished out for unintentional fouls (clumsy, bad tackling)
Black cards for intentional fouls (trips, rugby tackles)

Again, the jersey pull is not covered. Also those blocks are going to be impossible to manage. Going to be easy for the man laying off to deliberately time it so he runs into a defender just after release.

How is it not covered?