FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Zulu

Quote from: The Trap on March 23, 2013, 12:56:59 PM
Its the death of reserve football - most clubs are struggling for numbers, picture the scene..........you scrape 15 players for a game and 2 get black cards with no subs to bring on, game ends up a disaster, players dont come as they are fed up.........this will happen unless........ref shows a bit of common sense (unlikely as reserve refs are usually completely by the book aka no common sense types).........when does this disaster begin?

Well at least you're keeping an open mind about it which is the main thing ::)

yellowcard

Pick up off the ground fails.

Advantage rule for 5 secs is passed.

Zulu

If the 30m rule passed I'd be happy enough. Didn't have any real preference re the mark or pick up proposals.

ONeill

"A public Time Clock shall be used in Croke Park and in all Grounds used for Provincial and All Ireland Series Senior Football Championship Games. The clock shall be stopped for injuries and other deliberate or incidental delays on the instructions of the Referee, which shall be conveyed visible (and audibly if wired) to the official in charge of the clock. The end of the game shall be signalled by a hooter, but a ball in flight shall be allowed to complete its journey and if that results in a score, the score shall stand."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: yellowcard on March 23, 2013, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2013, 12:40:57 PM
Black cards.

Can't believe this. Mickey Harte will be up in arms. It's too early to say what impact they will have but I'd imagine that referees everywhere will be muttering a big 'ah for f**k sake'.

Delegates changed their minds of had their minds changed for them ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/21902516

Throw ball

Disappointed to see that 30m penalty was not passed. Have mixed thoughts on mark. If advantage was given to player making catch in all areas of field it would not be needed. Clock should be a good idea. For me the idea behind the black card is laudable. However, will the referees be good enough to operate it properly, will it make diving more likely and will it favour those with stronger panels. I also feel it will only stop the last ditch tackle which is nowhere near as prevalent as the deliberate fouls around the midfield area which is the real blight on the game.

Celt_Man

when will these changes come into effect?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

orangeman

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Throw ball on March 23, 2013, 01:38:45 PM
Disappointed to see that 30m penalty was not passed. Have mixed thoughts on mark. If advantage was given to player making catch in all areas of field it would not be needed. Clock should be a good idea. For me the idea behind the black card is laudable. However, will the referees be good enough to operate it properly, will it make diving more likely and will it favour those with stronger panels. I also feel it will only stop the last ditch tackle which is nowhere near as prevalent as the deliberate fouls around the midfield area which is the real blight on the game.

my big hope is that it stops forwards deliberately dragging players down to stop teams attacking quickly......imagine Brogan/Gooch/Murphy etc getting subbed off early in a big game....I'd say that managers will demand that they behave...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Throw ball on March 23, 2013, 01:38:45 PM
Sean Cavanagh will be down more times than a hoors knickers.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Denn Forever

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2013, 01:05:04 PM
1st Jan.

Public clock passed!!
What will we have to talk about in the Pub now?  No ref playing for a draw now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...