FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Shouting match between Ulster men apparently.

ONeill

ONeill

Itchy

Black cards or everything the FRC proposed?

ONeill

yellowcard

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2013, 12:40:57 PM
Black cards.

Can't believe this. Mickey Harte will be up in arms. It's too early to say what impact they will have but I'd imagine that referees everywhere will be muttering a big 'ah for f**k sake'.

ONeill

Zulu

Would have thought it would be the other way around as I think the 30m would have had an immediate positive effect and wouldn't have lead to much controversy. The black cards will inevitably result in much complaining and questionable decisions. I wouldn't have proposed the black cards as the best solution but I'm glad they didn't simply do nothing, if it doesn't work it can be binned again or modified so I think it needs to be given a chance to bed in and honestly assess its impact. Cynical fouling is a problem as is the lack of a deterrent to fouling so something had to be done and now that this has been passed lets give it an honest go.

ONeill

The Trap

Its the death of reserve football - most clubs are struggling for numbers, picture the scene..........you scrape 15 players for a game and 2 get black cards with no subs to bring on, game ends up a disaster, players dont come as they are fed up.........this will happen unless........ref shows a bit of common sense (unlikely as reserve refs are usually completely by the book aka no common sense types).........when does this disaster begin?

yellowcard

Quote from: Zulu on March 23, 2013, 12:54:55 PM
Would have thought it would be the other way around as I think the 30m would have had an immediate positive effect and wouldn't have lead to much controversy. The black cards will inevitably result in much complaining and questionable decisions. I wouldn't have proposed the black cards as the best solution but I'm glad they didn't simply do nothing, if it doesn't work it can be binned again or modified so I think it needs to be given a chance to bed in and honestly assess its impact. Cynical fouling is a problem as is the lack of a deterrent to fouling so something had to be done and now that this has been passed lets give it an honest go.

Would agree with that, would have preferred to see a sin bin being honest but it still has to be given a chance to assess its impact. Surprised and disappointed the 30 m ruling didn't get through. When do these changes begin?

ONeill

bannside

Keep em coming O Neill. Smartphone/digital technology at its finest.

yellowcard