John O'Shea Honours

Manchester United

5 Premier League: 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
1 FA Cup: 2003–04
3 Football League Cup : 2005–06, 2008–09 2009–10
4 FA Community Shield : 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
1 UEFA Champions League : 2007–08
1 FIFA Club World Cup : 2008

Medal hauls in team sports aren't the best way of measuring individual ability/performance

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 15, 2013, 01:26:46 PM
Cross
Armagh titles   13
Ulster titles   7
All-Ireland Titles   5

Armagh
Ulster titles   5
All Irelands   1
NFL   1
All Stars   1

Bite me shite the lot of ye :)

Did you not leave your shite behind you in Athleague?   ;D ;D

weebob

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 15, 2013, 09:23:19 AM
Sean Ward was the karate kid in Casement.   

As far as Francie's hit on Linden,  it was a frontal charge but it was exacerbated by Linden's own momentum and a ball from Coulter with a blue light on it.  If it was oisin at the other end I have no doubt the same wo have happened. 

Down people may claim the moral high ground but its a bit rich considering that the 2 captains from 91 & 94 were 2 of the falsest b**tards going, and I know from direct experience of 1 of them!

how is paddy o rourke a false b**tard ??

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: LeoMc on March 15, 2013, 09:03:07 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 14, 2013, 10:53:08 PM
And what about Deegan"s tackle on McGeeney in 1992. What sort of action would you call that?  He nearly killed him. Has O"Neill any before during and after photos of  that one

2 wrongs don't make a right.
At no stage have I suggested that they do. I was simply pointing out that everyone seems to remember the Bellew/Linden clash and the world and his wife want to share their views in it but few seem to want to comment on the McGeener/Deegan clash which put Geezer out of football for a year
Careful now

tyssam5

Quote from: Hardy on March 15, 2013, 09:30:36 AM
If players can't clatter into each other full blooded, there's no point to our game. It's a man's game, full contact (or used to be) and the odd tooth will be lost. That picture is one of the best examples I've ever seen of the camera lying. It's about a millisecond after Mickey collects the ball. For the previous two seconds, the ball was between the two of them. Watch it in full speed and no neutral football man would say that Francie should, or could, have pulled out.

I'm surprised at the Down lads. The Downs and other aristocratic counties of the football world don't moan about stuff like this.

So was he trying to shoulder the ball then but Linden got there first?

yellowcard

If players can't clatter into each other full blooded, there's no point to our game. It's a man's game, full contact (or used to be) and the odd tooth will be lost. That picture is one of the best examples I've ever seen of the camera lying. It's about a millisecond after Mickey collects the ball. For the previous two seconds, the ball was between the two of them. Watch it in full speed and no neutral football man would say that Francie should, or could, have pulled out.

I'm surprised at the Down lads. The Downs and other aristocratic counties of the football world don't moan about stuff like this.

Wtf? Aristocratic counties?? What a load of tosh. Who are these counties you speak of and considered aristocratic by exactly who, themselves?

Sandy Hill

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 15, 2013, 01:26:46 PM
Cross
Armagh titles   13
Ulster titles   7
All-Ireland Titles   5

Armagh
Ulster titles   5
All Irelands   1
NFL   1
All Stars   1

Bite me shite the lot of ye :)
+1
"Stercus accidit"

regal

Quote from: Gabriel on March 15, 2013, 01:21:19 PM
Slow and average footballer who's only really seen as having any kind of 'legacy' in Armagh. Two abiding memories are Francie on the floor after Cavanagh hurtled into him in the AISF in 2005, and then Francie on the floor again as Donaghy finished that Armagh team in 2006. He was a decent club defender for Cross though.

Gab, they might be your memories of Francie but certainly not mine. An absolute legend. What a man and what a footballer. Played the game hard and fair. Never seen him cheat, feign injury, cheat, lie down or cheat like conor gormley / philip fordan / brian doofer / sean cavanagh.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: regal on March 15, 2013, 09:31:24 PM
Quote from: Gabriel on March 15, 2013, 01:21:19 PM
Slow and average footballer who's only really seen as having any kind of 'legacy' in Armagh. Two abiding memories are Francie on the floor after Cavanagh hurtled into him in the AISF in 2005, and then Francie on the floor again as Donaghy finished that Armagh team in 2006. He was a decent club defender for Cross though.

Gab, they might be your memories of Francie but certainly not mine. An absolute legend. What a man and what a footballer. Played the game hard and fair. Never seen him cheat, feign injury, cheat, lie down or cheat like conor gormley / philip fordan / brian doofer / sean cavanagh.

Or drop his knee into a players face

ONeill

I loved watching Francie play. You don't get many players like him any more.

The year Fermanagh and Armagh played out a draw and replay in the Ulster final - didn't Francie veer over the half way line, soloing like a hoor, 1-2, chance of a point, the crowd roaring him on on both sides, the flame hair tossing violently in the Clones breeze. Missed. It was a great moment though and one I'll tell the grandchildren.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Quote from: yellowcard on March 15, 2013, 08:32:26 PM

Wtf? Aristocratic counties?? What a load of tosh. Who are these counties you speak of and considered aristocratic by exactly who, themselves?

Unhook and release, I think.

stew

Mickey Linden was set up to fail by his teammate, sending him a ball that was always going to get someone hurt, Francie went in to stop one of their best players going anywhere but anyone that thinks he wanted to maim Linden is a fool, that said it wasn't one of his better moments!

Geezer lost the best part of a year to injury yet all I get from down men is what a hoor  Francie was, it is both unfair and unwarranted, that said, when Francie got hammered he picked himself off, said feck all and got on with it.

Finally, Linden was a great footballer, how he can believe a shoulder is not part of the game is beyond me, better still, he should have slapped his teammate for thon hospital ball.

BC knows the man better than anyone else on here, I will tend to take his word on the man that is one Francis Bellew!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hoof Hearted

great post Hardy.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Jinxy

Quote from: yellowcard on March 15, 2013, 08:32:26 PM

Kerry, Meath, Galway and Down.
Keepers of the flame.
If you were any use you'd be playing.