The legacy of Francie Bellew

Started by T Fearon, March 14, 2013, 06:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 14, 2013, 07:59:04 PM
End of the day, above average defender who won an all ireland with Armagh, just cause he was honest, tough etc, doesn't make him a great player. A great defender should be capable of reducing the threat of a great forward, Francie played great on big men but against the most dangerous forwards his lack of pace counted badly against him. Enda McNulty was a much better defender from that team but he never get a mention

You conveniently left out the Ulster titles and the Club titles he won.

Fear ón Srath Bán

2002. We shall never forget that (single, solitary, stultified) year!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dougal Maguire

Personally I'll never forget 2003 and Philip Jordan's disgraceful antics which got Diarmuid Marsden sent off
Careful now

Rawhide

Make no mistake Bellew meant to empty Linden, I ' sure he didn't mean to knock his teeth out, but he meant to limit his impact in the game.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 14, 2013, 08:12:18 PM
Personally I'll never forget 2003 and Philip Jordan's disgraceful antics which got Diarmuid Marsden sent off

;)

Dougal Maguire

:) Indeed. I assume you'll be having a few pints of the monk's brew over the Patrick's weekend
Careful now

Fear ón Srath Bán

Will being doing my damnedest Dougal, to be sure!  :)

oakleafgael

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 14, 2013, 08:12:18 PM
[/quote

No different to what the "honest" Francie did in Clones to get a man lined.

T Fearon

Remember preparing for the Irish News GAA Quiz Final in 2005.A famous former Down player was on our quiz team and we were going through referees etc,and the Down man rang Mickey Linden to ask him who refereed that famous game between Cross and Mayobridge and Mickey said "Stevie Wonder!" ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Knock Yer Mucker In

The man made a career of being a second late into tackles

ONeill

"I got there as early as I could."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armaghgeddon

Wildweasel74

In some cases he didnt even do a "tackle"

trileacman

All jokes aside that is no "50/50 tackle", Bellew went in trying to empty the man with a shoulder to the chest. Poor action.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014