Unreal game today... 19 goals!

Started by Any craic, March 04, 2013, 05:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

It is an artificial pitch and probably helped contribute to the speed of the game.  I was at both matches and I have to say that the Ennis Cup game was very honest and very exciting.  Both teams gave it their all.  Never mind about people shouting "pull him down", that was from spectators and not mentors.  The game shows that a bit more honesty and less cynicism provides for an exciting spectacle.  Well done to Ulster Colleges GAA for well run competitions.  I heard somewhere on the grapevine that they run more matches in their season than many counties.
Hopefully Donaghmore will get the recognition that they deserve and feature in Tyrone Tribulations!

Orior

Well done Grimgrimley, whoops, sorry, I meant Glengormley.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Crazy scoring alright, I recall playing a few underage games alright when we were that age and sticking 20 goals past teams, pity Full Back doesn't post here anymore as he can verify that we beat Whitecross one year by 108-0!

BTW the goalkeeping was pure brutal in the game, they didn't even try a few times!

imtommygunn

I played on an underage team where we were beat 59-1 one week and 59-0 the next. We then pulled out of the league.

Five years later we won a county underage championship title with the same group.

AQMP

I played in a primary school game about 1971/72 where we won 12-4 to 0-0.  We stopped bothering about points after about 10 mins.  Our CHF scored 9-1.  His family emigrated to Australia a couple of years later and another burgeoning talent was lost to the Saffron cause!!

blanketattack

Great stuff. Not as many defensive or goalie howlers as I was expecting.
Goals no. 13 and 18 were my favourites.
It would have been interesting to see what the score was after every goal.

omagh_gael

No 14 for the greens (not sure what team) looked like a handy footballer.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Let no Ulster folk slag off Connacht football ever again. Yer following the Meath model if this is the fare up that way.

Donegal should join Connacht.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2013, 02:23:00 PM
Let no Ulster folk slag off Connacht football ever again. Yer following the Meath model if this is the fare up that way.

And you really know your football... From the Tyrone v Down League opener thread:

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 28, 2013, 01:00:10 AM
IMO the weakest two teams in the division (possibly Tyrone better than Kildare).

:P :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 05, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2013, 02:23:00 PM

And you really know your football... From the Tyrone v Down League opener thread:

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 28, 2013, 01:00:10 AM
IMO the weakest two teams in the division (possibly Tyrone better than Kildare).

:P :D

I stick by it, come Championship, Tyrone, Kildare and Down will be lucky to get one semi-place between them.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2013, 02:31:34 PM
I stick by it, come Championship, Tyrone, Kildare and Down will be lucky to get one semi-place between them.

Good man, the gift that keeps on giving!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stew

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2013, 11:43:01 PM
Donaghmore should be ashamed of themselves,  abandoning the pullin and haulin we hold so dear in Tyrone.

Right enough, Armagh would never get up to that craic!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Ard-Rí

As a back, I watched that in dismay! Spectacle my eye, it would have benefited from a bit of pulling and dragging!!
Have to say that (just looking at the goals) no. 14 green seemed to be the stand-out player. Much too strong for the opposition.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 05, 2013, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2013, 02:31:34 PM

Good man, the gift that keeps on giving!  ;)

Thats it. Which of them were there last year?