Unreal game today... 19 goals!

Started by Any craic, March 04, 2013, 05:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Just back from today's Danske Bank Ennis Cup Final in Cookstown where Edmund Rice and St Joseph's Donaghmore shared 19 goals, after extra-time. The lead swopped hands regularly and it went to extra-time, fantastic game. Here's just 2 of the goals, both crackers, with 17 more to come! http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/  PS - is this a record?

theticklemister

Quote from: Any craic on March 04, 2013, 05:04:03 PM
Just back from today's Danske Bank Ennis Cup Final in Cookstown where Edmund Rice and St Joseph's Donaghmore shared 19 goals, after extra-time. The lead swopped hands regularly and it went to extra-time, fantastic game. Here's just 2 of the goals, both crackers, with 17 more to come! http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/  PS - is this a record?

Dunnno me oul mucker; surly ye should know this yerself!!

Get a read through that book ye released in 1993; ye may find the answer in there.

Ulster Football and Hurling : The Path of Champions by Jerome Quinn (18 Oct 1993)

£11.95 new (1 offer)
    £0.01 used (24 offers)

Ps. A craicing read altogether, i was always taken it out of the school library at St.Columb's and the libriaran ended up just giving it to me as no one else read it. Still have it in the house there and a great resource.

Zulu

What level is this? They look about 16 is that right but is this A level?

AQMP

Some interesting comments from the sideline as the player went on the solo run for the second goal "Take him down, take him down".  One has to say, typical Tyrone ;)  BTW the final score was Edmund Rice CBS 9-19 St Joseph's Donaghmore 10-9 (at the last count!!)

AQMP

Quote from: Zulu on March 04, 2013, 06:02:36 PM
What level is this? They look about 16 is that right but is this A level?

I might be wrong but the Ennis Cup is U-15??

Wildweasel74

doesn't say much about both teams full back lines

trileacman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 04, 2013, 06:47:00 PM

This post and another about the extortionate price of a GAA programme costing 2 euro, I'd say you're a gas man to be around.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Orchardman

I agree, its a bit of a farce when you score more goals than points in a game!

stew

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 04, 2013, 06:47:00 PM

I would say both keepers had a mare as well!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyHarp

They threw 3 balls in during the second half and just let the lads get on with it.
That was never a square ball!!

Any craic

See for yourselves here - all 19 goals are on this 3 minute music video package. To be honest, I wouldn't be too harsh on the keepers, there was some good finishes and they didn't have a lot of help...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840TDUYqbGQ&feature=player_embedded

ONeill

Donaghmore should be ashamed of themselves,  abandoning the pullin and haulin we hold so dear in Tyrone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Any craic

nice one O'Neill, lol tho there are a few interesting points here. For one thing, the goalkeepers kick the ball out of their hands in this age group and it really speeds up the game, same as in ladies football. There was another final in an older age group on directly after this game, and the pace changed dramatically - the keeper took time to get his tee, walk out, set the tee up, walk back, wait for the referee to whistle so he could kick it, etc. There was a touch of innocence as well with kicking the ball out so quickly with neither keeper trying to hold up the game depending on the score at the time. They just got on with the game. The referee helped as well, letting it flow and not stopping every time a player went down. Ok, injuries and particular head injuries to anyone, never mind young uns, have to be taken seriously, but by and large the young lads got up and got on with it. It was great entertainment. Ok you couldn't have it all the time, but still, the emphasis was not on keeping possession even if it meant 20 passes in your own half. Maybe this is what it was like when Cavan won All Irelands - belt it up the field and everyone pile in! By the way, there were more goals in this one game than in all ten NFL games played last Sunday. I know which one I'd prefer to see. 

Pangurban

Crazy stuff altogether, though it has to be said some excellent football

dec