NHL 2013

Started by Milltown Row2, February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2013, 08:51:52 AM
Davy still going strong -

I must watch this game later on to see the crack - I can just imagine the scene.

Although the first-half free-count had been 10-6 in Clare's favour, some marginal calls had gone Kilkenny's way. After Anthony Stapleton gave one of those calls to Kilkenny in injury time, Davy Fitzgerald roared out to the referee that he was "giving Kilkenny everything". Standing just metres away, the smile on Cody's face was still clearly visible beneath a baseball cap and hood.

I'd watched that game on the google box, it was decent enough, wile load of bunching and what not, but thought Clare had developed their possession game a bit better, giving the ball into spaces for their fullforward line to run onto and try to beat their men, a bit of overcarrying sometimes to do it right enough, but they still got caught carrying the ball out of defence once or twice which resulted in Kilkenny scores.
The three goals were the difference as Clare had the better of open play but hit some bad wides and Conlon missed a good goal chance but the keeper did well and was out on him like a flash before he could gather clean possession.

Thought the referee blew up a bit early as he'd already informed the sideline official he'd play 2 minutes, but in that two minutes there was an injury which took up a good minute of it and he blew almost as soon as the 2 were up. Clare were very much in the ascendency at this time and looked as if they'd have gotten a chance to get the equaliser.

I think Cody knows he'll need to get some of his big players out of injury to win Liam this year, whereas Davy knows his charges aren't the finished article, but he's got an awful lot right with them, two very quicker corner backs, Bugler and Donnellan in the half backs are good, a ball winner in Conlon in the forwards and a lot of pace in the middle of the park and in the forwards. They just need a bit of ring craft which may still take a year or two to get, but they'll be hard enough to work with for anyone this year.

waterfordlad

Great win for Waterford yesterday. 5 points down with Seamus Callanan scoring points for fun it looked like Tipp would win comfortably but Waterford snatched a win with 6 points in a row. The bitterly cold conditions meant only the really committed fans were there and there was great celebrations with Dillon and Moran scored at the end.

Milltown Row2

Waterford are a great price against Galway this weekend, 6/4 and playing really well and coming strong late in games, shows great fitness levels. Stop Galway's goal threat and this could be another win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

waterfordlad

It should be an exciting day tomorrow and the calculators could be out but Waterfod know a win will guarantee them top spot in the league with the winners of the other 2 games to join them in the semis. If there are draws then the calculators will be needed or does it go on head to head record? There should be good crowds at all games with something to play for.

CorkMan

It goes to head-to-head if there are two teams on the same number of points, but more than two and it goes to points difference. It is possible for all the teams to finish on five points. This will be the case if Galway beat Waterford and the other two games finish in draws. Would seem fairly harsh on the two teams who go into the relegation play-off seeing as they'd have the same number of points as the team on top.

seafoid

RTE say it is hard to see past Waherford agin Galway today. Is that the kiss of death?

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on March 31, 2013, 10:07:19 AM
RTE say it is hard to see past Waherford agin Galway today. Is that the kiss of death?

That's the first time all year anyone has gone for Waterford, so we're screwed. Then again, before anyone thinks I'm scoffing at the predictive power of pundits, it should be noted that I thought we'd lose all five matches.

heffo

Quote from: deiseach on March 31, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 31, 2013, 10:07:19 AM

That's the first time all year anyone has gone for Waterford, so we're screwed. Then again, before anyone thinks I'm scoffing at the predictive power of pundits, it should be noted that I thought we'd lose all five matches.

Am heading to Walsh park to watch this, Waterford doing well despite the loss of Mullane

Great result for Dungarvan colleges during the week too v Kierans

Gold

Is Adam Watson back playing for us yet?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

spuds

25mins gone and Cork leading Kilkenny 3 points to 7

EDIT
Halftime
Kilkenny 0-7 Cork 0-7
Good game of hurling, every high ball into Cork forwards being caught by JJ, Jackie Tyrell etc. Richie Hogan penalty saved but Kk kept putting on the pressure up to halftime. Hogan should of been booked for the swing after the penalty after which a minor fracas broke out. Hope Cork keep at it for second half.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

seafoid

Deise down by 5 points. Feicimid.

spuds

Donal O'Grady said at halftime that whoever gets first goal will win it, Pat Fleury agreed. Cork were 1-11 to 0-11 up and now scores are 1-11 to 0-15 after 60 mins. Kk with 7/8 second half wides
John Hubbard

spuds

68 mins 0-17 to 1-12

Cork missing a few chances

69 mins Richie Hogan way out in front of his man again for his foyrth point of second half

0-18 1-12

2 minutes extra to be played
John Hubbard

spuds

Conor Lehane goal

2-12 to 0-19

last minute
John Hubbard

rodney trotter

Great game, kk win by 2