Best Place to Stay in Omagh?

Started by catchandkick, February 18, 2013, 08:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Denn Forever

Quote from: catchandkick on February 18, 2013, 08:29:50 AM
Potentially visiting with a gang for the relegation decider that will be Throne Kerry in Omagh on April 7th! Where would be the best place to stay in Omagh? Cheap kind of hotel would be what's required.

Would it be worth staying there on the Friday night or would be as well to head out in Belfast on the Friday and then Omagh on the Saturday night?

I'm assuming you are coming from the south.  Is Enniskillen be far from Omagh and a possible detination?  Maybe Enniskillen is crap too? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Enniskillen about 25-30 mins away. Most people from Enniskillen direction are heading up to Omagh at the weekends these days. While Enniskillen has a few decent bars it doesn't really have one big one, and no nightclubs. You'd be safer sticking with Omagh and heading to either Sallys or Main street (Collection of pubs and clubs). 

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lecale2

Is the Rpyal Hotel in the middle of the town still going?

ziggysego

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 19, 2013, 07:36:41 AM

No, closed down 10-15 years ago.  It is now a commercial shopping and entertainment street,  developed and privately owned by a local business man.
Testing Accessibility

catchandkick

Thanks for replies folks. Would be a gang of lads. Hadn't thought of Derry, is it a good spot at night?

Reckon it will probably be Belfast (or Derry maybe) on the Friday night, will be coming from south via Dublin so Derry would be a longer trek.

And then Omagh on the Saturday night.

Would Belfast be good on a Friday night?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: catchandkick on February 19, 2013, 02:29:33 PM
Thanks for replies folks. Would be a gang of lads. Hadn't thought of Derry, is it a good spot at night?

Reckon it will probably be Belfast (or Derry maybe) on the Friday night, will be coming from south via Dublin so Derry would be a longer trek.

And then Omagh on the Saturday night.

Derry would be a longer spin on the Friday, but Belfast will be a longer spin to Omagh on the Saturday -- and the Maiden City is good for a night out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

everymanaman

Quote from: ziggysego on February 19, 2013, 08:15:11 AM

No, closed down 10-15 years ago.  It is now a commercial shopping and entertainment street,  developed and privately owned by a local business man.
That's one way to describe him all right!

Rois

Quote from: catchandkick on February 19, 2013, 02:29:33 PM

Nowhere up north is particularly great on a Friday night - a strange phenomenon but Sat nights alway busier.

That said, I am out in Belfast regularly on Fridays and can always find plenty of craic so there would be no shortage of places to visit! 

trileacman

Quote from: everymanaman on February 19, 2013, 05:46:57 PM

Was about to say the same, Ziggy giving a him generous description there.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

All of a Sludden

Take a few quare ones with you and ziggy won't be long in finding room for you.  :)
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Puckoon

Quote from: trileacman on February 19, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on February 19, 2013, 05:46:57 PM

Was about to say the same, Ziggy giving a him generous description there.

Brave fellas alright with those comments! He's done more to tidy up and improve Omagh over the years than you'd know. You remember the Royal Arms, and the mews? Stinking of pish with drunks in the gutter? Main street is a massive improvement to the town center, and credit where it's due. People have been talking out the sides of their gobs about him since long before my time and they will long after it. Begrudgery at its finest.

ziggysego

Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 19, 2013, 06:57:22 PM
Take a few quare ones with you and ziggy won't be long in finding room for you.  :)

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
Testing Accessibility

All of a Sludden

Quote from: ziggysego on February 19, 2013, 07:29:49 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on February 19, 2013, 06:57:22 PM

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

Cuddies.  ;)
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.