Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Amazing effort by cross given the missing players. No other club would have been as competitive. Aaron Kernan getting injured was the final straw. With him on board i would have strongly fancied them for Ulster.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 11, 2013, 02:57:39 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 11, 2013, 02:53:25 PM
I think the ref was fair enough, Kilcoo were blatently and persistently delaying frees and he moved the ball up a few times. It worked as they stopped doing this to the same extent.

QuoteThe 2 sendings off for Cross were correct and borne completely out of frustration at the situation and we can have no complaints.

The black card rule will have an interesting effect. It may reduce the number of rugby tackles and consequent retaliations.

Exactly what I said yesterday.  I suppose Kilcoo are making the most of it this year as they're fucked from next season :P

How will the black card work in extra time, re the count of the number of cards allowed per team?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Quote from: armaghniac on November 11, 2013, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 11, 2013, 02:57:39 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 11, 2013, 02:53:25 PM
I think the ref was fair enough, Kilcoo were blatently and persistently delaying frees and he moved the ball up a few times. It worked as they stopped doing this to the same extent.

QuoteThe 2 sendings off for Cross were correct and borne completely out of frustration at the situation and we can have no complaints.

The black card rule will have an interesting effect. It may reduce the number of rugby tackles and consequent retaliations.

Exactly what I said yesterday.  I suppose Kilcoo are making the most of it this year as they're fucked from next season :P

How will the black card work in extra time, re the count of the number of cards allowed per team?

A good question. I hope it works better than the current rules. How is it right that a team who gets a player sent off in ordinary time can bring a player in and yet yellow cards carry into extra time?

On the referee yesterday I thought he did a fair good job. One point though. At one time a Kilcoo player fell and dropped the ball. He then played the ball away with his hand. The referee gave a free. There was a discussion on the Armagh forum a couple of weeks ago and the rule seems to suggest that it should not have been a free.

On the point of the black card a problem of note is that in some instances it is too specific. Yesterday Laverty held Stephen Kernan in a rugby style hold and continued to do so after the free was given. In an attempt to break free Kernan swung his arm back, caught Laverty, and got sent off. Next year if he gets caught like that his inclination will be to fall to get Laverty black carded.

SHEEDY

odds from PP for the weekend;

kilcoo evs   draw 6/1  ballinderry 11/10

glenswilly 1/5   draw 11/1  roslea 4/1

well done to kilcoo. yesterday was a great boost for down football. some effort by the whole team but thought paul greenan, paul devlin and ryan Johnson were immense.
nil satis nisi optimum

crossfire

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 11, 2013, 09:38:02 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 11, 2013, 08:40:00 AM
Kilcoo won fair and square over the 2 games they whadthe strongest squad available and that was the key.  Yesterday it was clear that the last 4 years really took their toll on a lot of bodies. Outside of the players unavailable there were a few playing with injuries and they were hampered.  Anyway best of luck to Kilcoo. Ballinderry will be hard to beat and are really focused.  Glenswilly are the one's who are really laughing here.  They should beat roslea and will face a team who has played exceptionally physical games and the body can only do so much.

For us next year is next year.  We will have players back and maybe players gone but we will be there and I have a feeling that we will have a big focus.  Defeat hurts hard.
Are you running out of talent? What happens when the Kernans retire? It is still a sad fact that the rest of Armagh football has some way to go to catch you up.

The same question was asked about the Mc Entees :)

Milltown Row2

On the point of the black card a problem of note is that in some instances it is too specific. Yesterday Laverty held Stephen Kernan in a rugby style hold and continued to do so after the free was given. In an attempt to break free Kernan swung his arm back, caught Laverty, and got sent off. Next year if he gets caught like that his inclination will be to fall to get Laverty black carded.

Kernan will still get the red card for swinging the arm back though, thye haven't changed that rule
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardchieftain

I'm fairly sure he's saying that Kernan wouldn't have swung his arm but would have simply went to ground.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardchieftain on November 11, 2013, 08:20:46 PM
I'm fairly sure he's saying that Kernan wouldn't have swung his arm but would have simply went to ground.

These fouls will continue regardless of the black card I fear, they seem to be instinctive
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Throw ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2013, 09:01:31 PM
Quote from: ardchieftain on November 11, 2013, 08:20:46 PM

These fouls will continue regardless of the black card I fear, they seem to be instinctive

You are probably right. A player like Kernan should know better but sometimes frustration wins out.

Just watched the highlights on TG4. Although the sending off was correct could someone please tell Kilcoo players to stop pressing referees to book or send players off so demonstratively. Another soccer trait we could do without in Gaelic.

imtommygunn

Laverty is very easy to hit like that too with the height of him. Might sound silly but that against a big(ish) guy and it's near chest level. The penalty as well wouldn't have happened against a big guy.

Oglach

Great win for Kilcoo yesterday, i appreciate Cross were not at full strength and can assure you Kilcoo would rather have played the same team that beat us in last years Ulster final.
A game that we were missing Niall McEvoy, Felim McGreevy, Roger Morgan (London) Martin McClean (Netherlands) Dominic McEvoy, Barry Kane. Yesterday we were missing Felim McGreevy,  Anthony Devlin, Jerome Johnston, , Donal Kane and Ciaran McClean. These players named would walk on to most Down division 1 teams. Most Down posters can back me on this!
You can only play whats put in front of you. Over the Two games we had Cross almost away twice but had to admire there determination and never over til its over attitude.
Its going to hard to rise again for Sunday but we'll give it a rattle.

our_fella

Applesisapples

Quote from: crossfire on November 11, 2013, 07:24:30 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 11, 2013, 09:38:02 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 11, 2013, 08:40:00 AM
Kilcoo won fair and square over the 2 games they whadthe strongest squad available and that was the key.  Yesterday it was clear that the last 4 years really took their toll on a lot of bodies. Outside of the players unavailable there were a few playing with injuries and they were hampered.  Anyway best of luck to Kilcoo. Ballinderry will be hard to beat and are really focused.  Glenswilly are the one's who are really laughing here.  They should beat roslea and will face a team who has played exceptionally physical games and the body can only do so much.

For us next year is next year.  We will have players back and maybe players gone but we will be there and I have a feeling that we will have a big focus.  Defeat hurts hard.
Are you running out of talent? What happens when the Kernans retire? It is still a sad fact that the rest of Armagh football has some way to go to catch you up.

The same question was asked about the Mc Entees :)
I'm asking a serious question, who are the players to watch for? Or will Cross be in the Ulster doldrums for a few years?

holylandsniper

Franny Hanratty injured or leave panel when not picked earlier in year BC?
A player that had a bit of potential

drici

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship
Sunday 20th October
Preliminary Round:
Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry) 0-14  Clonoe O'Rahillys(Tyrone) 0-10   
Celtic Park

Scorers:
Ballinderry: R Bell 0-4 (1f), A Devlin 0-3, C Gilligan 0-2, D McKinless, D McGuckin, C Devlin , C Nevin, D Lawn 0-1 each.
Clonoe: D McNulty 0-4 (1f), C McAlickey 0-3 (3f), PJ Lavery 0-2, RT O'Neill 0-1.

Teams:
Ballinderry  M Conlan; R Scott, C Nevin, M McIver; R Wilson, G McKinless, D Lawn; K McGuckin, J Conway; D McKinless, A Devlin, D McGuckin; C Devlin, R Bell, C Gilligan. Subs: E Muldoon for Lawn (42), D Conway for D McKinless (56), M Harney for Wilson (60), Kevin M McGuckin for J Conway (62).

Clonoe  M O'Neill; D Quinn, A Brady, C O'Neill; J McClure, S McCann, PJ Lavery; S McNulty, S O'Hagan; R T O'Neill, C Doris, P Doris; P Coney, D McNulty, C McAliskey. Subs: G Coney for S McCann (13), R R O'Neill for P Doris (44), D McClure for C McAliskey (52), S Hughes for J McClure (58).

Sunday 3rd November
Quarter Finals:
Gleann tSuilí(Donegal) 1-10  St Galls(Antrim) 0-10
Ballybofey

Scorers:
Gleann tSuilí: M Murphy 1-4 (1-0 penalty, 1f, two 50s), G McFadden 0-3 (3f), N Gallagher, K McFadden, B Farrelly 0-1 each.
St Galls: C McGourty 0-5 (4f), A Healy, K Niblock, S Burke, K Stewart, M Pollock 0-1 each.

Teams:
Gleann tSuilí P O'Donnell; B McDaid, E Ward, R Crawford; Caolan Kelly, J McDaid, J McFadden; N Gallagher, C Bonner; J Gibbons, G McFadden, D McGinley; Colin Kelly, M Murphy, K McFadden. Subs: C Gallagher for J McDaid (49), B Farrelly for K McFadden (53), R Diver for McGinley (60).

St Galls C Kerr; A McClean, C Brady; R Wilson, S Kelly, J McGeevy, A Healy; S Burke, A Gallagher; T O'Neill, K Niblock, K McGourty; C McGourty, M Pollock, N O'Neill. Subs: B Bradley for McGreevy (43), K Stewart for K McGourty (43), S O'Hara for N O'Neill (47), C Burke for S Burke (56).

Roslea Shamrocks(Fermanagh) 1-12  Ballinagh(Cavan) 0-11
Brewster Park

Scorers:
Roslea: Séamie Quigley 1-7 (5f, 1-0 penalty), Seán Quigley 0-4, S Lynch 0-1.
Ballinagh: K Smith 0-3, N McDermott 0-2 (2f), D Finnegan 0-2; P O'Reilly, T Moore, C Gumley, A Gaynor 0-1 each

Teams:
Roslea  S Boyle; P Sherry, C Mulligan, C Quigley; M Beagan, N Cassidy, M Renfrew; K McMahon, J Sherry (capt); N Cosgrove; S McMahon, P Lynch, S Lynch; S Quigley, S Quigley. Subs: N McMahon for P Sherry, B Sherlock for S Lynch

Ballinagh D Beard; K McBride (capt), P Carroll, C Smith; D McInerney, N O'Reilly, P Bogue; P O'Reilly, T Moore; K Smith, E Brady, D Finnegan; C Gumley, N McDermott, T Smith. Subs: E McEvoy for McInerney, A Gaynor for Brady, B Carthy for T Smith, R O'Reilly for Gumley   

Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down) 2-09  Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 1-12   (After Extra Time)
Full Time: 1-07  1-07
Páirc Esler

Scorers:
Kilcoo: R Johnston 1-1, D O'Hanlon 0-4 (3f), P Devlin 0-3 (1f), P Greenan 1-0, Gerard McEvoy
Crossmaglen: T Kernan 0-6(all frees,) S Kernan 1-1, K Brennan 0-2, J Hanratty, M Aherne, C Cumiskey 0-1 each

Teams:
Kilcoo S Kane; N Branagan, N McEvoy, D Branagan; D O'Hanlon, S O'Hanlon, Gerard McEvoy; P Greenan, Aidan Branagan; P Devlin, A Devlin, R Johnston; J Johnston, C Laverty, Gary McEvoy. Subs: F McGreevy for J Johnston (24), Aaron Branagan for A Devlin (39), J McClean for McGreevy (39), Sean Devlin for Gary McEvoy (52), S Devlin for A Branagan (70), M Devlin for R Johnston (76), N Morgan for M Devlin (80).

Crossmaglen P Hearty; P Hughes, P McKeown, S Finnegan; M Aherne, G Carragher, D O'Callaghan; J Hanratty, S Kernan; P Óg Grant, T Kernan, M McNamee; K Brennan, K Carragher, C Cumiskey. Subs: D McKenna for Brennan (43), C O'Neill for McNamee (53), M Boyce for Cumiskey (56), K Brennanfor Grant (66).

Scotstown(Monaghan) 0-10  Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry) 1-08             
Clones

Scorers:
Scotstown: K Hughes 0-2 (1f), C McCarthy 0-2 (2f), R Beggan 0-1 (a free), J Turley, S Carey, D Hughes, N Corrigan, B McGinnity 0-1 each.
Ballinderry: D Conway 1-0, C Gilligan 0-2 (2f), C Devlin 0-2 (1f), M McIver, A Devlin, D McGuckin, R Bell 0-1 each

Teams:
Scotstown R Beggan; D McArdle, D Morgan, M Duffy; P Keenan, W Carroll, E Caulfield; F Caulfield, J Turley; K Hughes, S Carey, D Hughes; P O'Hara, N Corrigan, C McCarthy. Subs: B McGinnity for E Caulfield, O Heaphey for N Corrigan, Fergal McPhillips for P Keenan, D McCague for F Caulfield, N Corrigan for S carey.

Ballinderry M Conlan; R Scott, C Nevin, M McIver; R Wilson, G McKinless, D Lawn; K McGuckin, J Conway; D McKinless, A Devlin, D McGuckin; C Devlin, R Bell, C Gilligan. Subs: K McGuckin for R Wilson, E Muldoon for A Devlin, D Conway for D McKinless, J Bateson for M McIver.

Sunday 10th November
Quarter Final Replay:
Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 1-08  Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down) 3-10   (After Extra Time)
Full Time: 1-07  1-07 (again)
Athletic Grounds

Scorers:
Crossmaglen Crossmaglen: T Kernan 1-3 (3f), C Cumiskey 0-2, M Aherne, K Carragher, A Cunningham 0-1 each
Kilcoo P Devlin 2-2 (1-0 pen), R Johnston 1-1, D O'Hanlon 0-4 (3f), Gerard McEvoy, N McEvoy, J McClean 0-1 each

Teams:
Crossmaglen  P Hearty; P Hughes, P McKeown, S Finnegan; M Aherne, G Carragher, D O'Callaghan; J Hanratty, T Kernan; M McNamee, S Kernan, C Cumiskey; K Brennan, K Carragher, C O'Neill. Subs: P Óg Grant for McNamee (35), M Boyce for O'Neill (35), A Cunningham for K Brennan (47), K McShane for Hanratty (79)

Kilcoo S Kane; N Branagan, N McEvoy, D Branagan; D O'Hanlon, S O'Hanlon, Gerard McEvoy; P Greenan, A Branagan; P Devlin, J McClean, R Johnston; N Morgan, C Laverty, Gary McEvoy. Subs: S Devlin for Gary McEvoy (54), J Johnston for Morgan (54), F McGreevy for J Johnston (79)

Sunday 17th November
Semi Finals:
Gleann tSuilí(Donegal) v Roslea Shamrocks(Fermanagh)
2-30pm   Omagh
Ciarán Branagan

Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down) v Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry)
2-30pm   Athletic Grounds
Martin Higgins

Sunday 1st December
Final