Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on October 20, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
Would have had the Down final as a 50/50 game so not that big a shock, though I had fancied Burren myself, so fair play to Kilcoo.

Agree that it should be another formality for Cross but Kilcoo will probably pose a lot more problems than last time round; can't see Cross getting another 11 point lead.

As already mentioned Cross have the ability to rack up a big score in games very quickly. The key to competing with that is to limit their big scores during that dominance they always get in a game. Easier said that done, must be only a handfull of teams in Ireland that have actually beat this Cross team, who are they?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Cross have played 34 senior finals since 1996 (17 Armagh,10 Ulster and 7 All Ireland) they have lost only one of these, the 2009 AI final to Kilmacud Crokes.Phenomenal record.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 20, 2013, 08:39:43 PM
Cross have played 34 senior finals since 1996 (17 Armagh,10 Ulster and 7 All Ireland) they have lost only one of these, the 2009 AI final to Kilmacud Crokes.Phenomenal record.

Pearse Ogs beat them and they were beat in semi last year...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 08:34:08 PM
Would have had the Down final as a 50/50 game so not that big a shock, though I had fancied Burren myself, so fair play to Kilcoo.

Agree that it should be another formality for Cross but Kilcoo will probably pose a lot more problems than last time round; can't see Cross getting another 11 point lead.

As already mentioned Cross have the ability to rack up a big score in games very quickly. The key to competing with that is to limit their big scores during that dominance they always get in a game. Easier said that done, must be only a handfull of teams in Ireland that have actually beat this Cross team, who are they?
Maghery kept them scoreless for around 20 mins in the semifinal the other week, that in itself is an achievement!

johnneycool

Quote from: general_lee on October 20, 2013, 09:01:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 08:34:08 PM

Maghery kept them scoreless for around 20 mins in the semifinal the other week, that in itself is an achievement!

Were 15 of those minutes half time by chance?

regal

Quote from: regal on October 14, 2013, 11:00:07 AM
A summary of those left I believe:

Antrim = St Galls
Armagh = Cross / Cullyhanna
Cavan = Ballinagh
Derry = Ballinderry
Down = Burren / Kilcoo
Donegal = Glenswilly / Killybegs
Fermanagh = Roslea
Monaghan = Scotstown
Tyrone = Clonoe

Quarter final draw:

Ballinderry / Clonoe v Scotstown
Burren / Kilcoo v Cross / Cullyhanna
Glenswilly / Killybegs v St Galls
Ballinagh v Roslea

So who is going to win the ulster club? Can we break these teams into 3 categories:

No chance - Clonoe / Cullyhanna / Ballinagh / Glenswilly / Killybegs / Kilcoo
A glimmer of a chance - Scotstown / Ballinderry / Roslea / Cross
Realistic contenders for ulster & AI = Burren / St Galls

I fancy Burren to come good this year and make the most of Crossmaglen's absentees

Fair play to Kilcoo. Despite the money Burren throw at it they don't seem to have the same drive in them as previous eras.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: regal on October 22, 2013, 11:04:19 AM

Antrim = St Galls
Cavan = Ballinagh
Derry = Ballinderry
Down = Burren / Kilcoo
Fermanagh = Roslea
Monaghan = Scotstown
Tyrone = Clonoe

Quarter final draw:

Ballinagh v Roslea

So who is going to win the ulster club? Can we break these teams into 3 categories:

I fancy Burren to come good this year and make the most of Crossmaglen's absentees

Fair play to Kilcoo. Despite the money Burren throw at it they don't seem to have the same drive in them as previous eras.

No easy games from here on in!! All teams will expect to do well against the teams they are playing

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2013, 11:53:55 AM

Antrim = St Galls
Cavan = Ballinagh
Derry = Ballinderry
Down = Burren / Kilcoo
Fermanagh = Roslea
Monaghan = Scotstown
Tyrone = Clonoe

Quarter final draw:

Ballinagh v Roslea

No easy games from here on in!! All teams will expect to do well against the teams they are playing

You're starting to sound like me!!!!  You boys have a clear run to the final, Glenswilly would be your only threat and you should deal with them comfortably.  I reckon the winners of Scotstown and Ballinderry will be the eventual winners.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 22, 2013, 12:28:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2013, 11:53:55 AM

Antrim = St Galls
Cavan = Ballinagh
Derry = Ballinderry
Down = Burren / Kilcoo
Fermanagh = Roslea
Monaghan = Scotstown
Tyrone = Clonoe

Quarter final draw:

Ballinagh v Roslea

You're starting to sound like me!!!!  You boys have a clear run to the final, Glenswilly would be your only threat and you should deal with them comfortably.  I reckon the winners of Scotstown and Ballinderry will be the eventual winners.

;D ;D

supersarsfields

This was handy!!  ;)

What were they sent of for?

QuoteRoslea duo cleared to play in Ulster club championship
Roslea brothers Sean and Seamus Quigley are available to play in the Ulster club championship after having their suspensions overturned on appeal.

Both men were sent-off in the league play-off defeat to Devenish, which ruled them out of the Fermanagh club champions' Ulster quarter-final tie against Cavan champions Ballinagh.

However their red cards have been rescinded by Fermanagh chiefs.

That clears them to play in the Ulster clash at Brewster Park on 3 November.

FarneyMan

Im open to correction but i think Sean was sent off for striking his opponent (in retaliation to being struck himself i think), Seamus sent off after, not sure if it was for the handbags that followed or abuse of the ref......

Am told their father afterwards told the Ref he was going to shoot him!!!

Anyway now they are available, id fancy them to beat Ballinagh......

Quote from: supersarsfields on October 24, 2013, 09:50:36 AM
This was handy!!  ;)

What were they sent of for?

QuoteRoslea duo cleared to play in Ulster club championship
Roslea brothers Sean and Seamus Quigley are available to play in the Ulster club championship after having their suspensions overturned on appeal.

Both men were sent-off in the league play-off defeat to Devenish, which ruled them out of the Fermanagh club champions' Ulster quarter-final tie against Cavan champions Ballinagh.

However their red cards have been rescinded by Fermanagh chiefs.

That clears them to play in the Ulster clash at Brewster Park on 3 November.

Ultán

Yes Sean sent off for striking and Seamus apparently called the ref a clown when Sean seen red. I heard the Devinish player involved in Seans sending off sent an email to be read out at Seans appeal backing him. That would have helped his case alot I would imagine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Ultán on October 24, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
Yes Sean sent off for striking and Seamus apparently called the ref a clown when Sean seen red. I heard the Devinish player involved in Seans sending off sent an email to be read out at Seans appeal backing him. That would have helped his case alot I would imagine.

Or the fact that Fermanaghs representatives in Ulster would be fcuked had these two players not been available?? Just a theory ;)

drici

Donegal Senior Football Championship Final
Gleann tSuilí 3-19  Na Cealla Beaga 2-06

Down Senior Football Championship Final
Kilcoo Eoghan Rua 0-09  Burren St Marys 0-07

Armagh Senior Football Championship Final
Crossmaglen Rangers 0-17  Cullyhanna St Patricks 0-08

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship
Sunday 20th October
Preliminary Round:
Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry) 0-14  Clonoe O'Rahillys(Tyrone) 0-10   
Celtic Park

Scorers
Ballinderry: R Bell 0-4 (1f), A Devlin 0-3, C Gilligan 0-2, D McKinless, D McGuckin, C Devlin , C Nevin, D Lawn 0-1 each.
Clonoe: D McNulty 0-4 (1f), C McAlickey 0-3 (3f), PJ Lavery 0-2, RT O'Neill 0-1.

Teams
Ballinderry  M Conlan; R Scott, C Nevin, M McIver; R Wilson, G McKinless, D Lawn; K McGuckin, J Conway; D McKinless, A Devlin, D McGuckin; C Devlin, R Bell, C Gilligan. Subs: E Muldoon for Lawn (42), D Conway for D McKinless (56), M Harney for Wilson (60), Kevin M McGuckin for J Conway (62).

Clonoe  M O'Neill; D Quinn, A Brady, C O'Neill; J McClure, S McCann, PJ Lavery; S McNulty, S O'Hagan; R T O'Neill, C Doris, P Doris; P Coney, D McNulty, C McAliskey. Subs: G Coney for S McCann (13), R R O'Neill for P Doris (44), D McClure for C McAliskey (52), S Hughes for J McClure (58).

Referee  M Higgins (Fermanagh)

Sunday 3rd November
Quarter Finals:
Gleann tSuilí(Donegal) v St Galls(Antrim)
2-30pm   Ballybofey

Roslea Shamrocks(Fermanagh) v Ballinagh(Cavan)
2-30pm   Brewster Park           

Kilcoo Eoghan Rua(Down) v Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh)
2-30pm   Páirc Esler           

Scotstown(Monaghan) v Ballinderry Shamrocks(Derry)             
2-30pm   Clones

Sunday 17th November
Semi Finals:
Donegal/Antrim v Fermanagh/Cavan
Down/Armagh v Monaghan/Derry

Sunday 1st December
Final