Mayo v Dublin Sat 2nd March - 7pm Croke Park

Started by Fuzzman, February 13, 2013, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Here ye go lads  ;D

The Dubs are looking fit & hungry and the new lads have a clean slate with the new manager.
Is MD Macauley suspended for this game now?

Mayo got a wakeup call the last day out which could do them the power of good.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2013, 04:27:13 PM
Here ye go lads  ;D

The Dubs are looking fit & hungry and the new lads have a clean slate with the new manager.
Is MD Macauley suspended for this game now?

Mayo got a wakeup call the last day out which could do them the power of good.

Mayo are all -ireland finalists last year and beat us as well.

We are in transition with a very young inexperienced team.

Tough game for Dublin by the looks of it

cadence

yep tough one to call, but dublin by 3 because they are playing very well by all accounts.

heffo

Mayo to keep their good form going. Dublin minus a lot of key players and will probably be without all the new U21's too. A bridge too far.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on February 14, 2013, 08:48:40 AM
Mayo to keep their good form going. Dublin minus a lot of key players and will probably be without all the new U21's too. A bridge too far.

Geddawayouttadat!

Dublin by 7.
MWWSI 2017

omagh_gael

You lads must've caught a severe dose of yerrah down round Kilarney last weekend.

Dublin by 7.

Hound

McCaffrey, O'Brien, O'Conghaile, Kilkenny and a few of the other young forwards won't be involved due to U21 committments (if we beat Carlow in the first round next week).
Connolly confirmed as out due to injury until mid March, Macauley suspended.
Bastick will be back available, and perhaps the Ballymunners if they lose this weekend.

heffo

Going to be a very weak team out - minus about 20 front liners.

Horan will have a whinge about something ahead of the game.

Mayo by six.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on February 14, 2013, 11:03:45 AM
Going to be a very weak team out - minus about 20 front liners.

Horan will have a whinge about something ahead of the game.

Mayo by six.

We are planning to rest 148 front liners, Dubs by 7.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2013, 10:42:58 AM
McCaffrey, O'Brien, O'Conghaile, Kilkenny and a few of the other young forwards won't be involved due to U21 committments (if we beat Carlow in the first round next week).
Bastick will be back available, and perhaps the Ballymunners if they lose this weekend.

How many of those U21s have lined out for Dublin this year and how many Ballymun players will make the Dublin starting 15? Connolly can only play well against teams that defend poorly Macauley a much bigger loss.

Dublin should win by 4-6 points.

From the Bunker

Dublin by 5 (at least). Mayo will be lucky to be in it with 15 minutes to go. Horan to have a whinge before the game and to be respectful after the game. No body to really care (really) about the result, but both teams will want to win all the same. You really have to love the league.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 14, 2013, 08:21:38 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2013, 10:42:58 AM

How many of those U21s have lined out for Dublin this year and how many Ballymun players will make the Dublin starting 15? Connolly can only play well against teams that defend poorly Macauley a much bigger loss.

Dublin should win by 4-6 points.

From current u21s Paul Mannion, Philly Ryan, Emmet O'Conaghaile, Jack McCaffrey have all played v Cork or Kerry and of course there's a certain C Kilkenny now available also!

From Ballymun Philly McMahon, James McCarthy and probably Dean Rock. Davey Byrne & Sean George may feature also.

Don't agree with you re Connolly. He is probably the most naturally talented player we have. Having seen him in number of the OByrne cup games he's also in best condition I've ever seen him in. Expect him and the other established players to step up this year. Think they realise if they don't Gavin won't pick them!!

Farrandeelin

Fuzzman didn't get the reaction he wanted in this thread I imagine. I'd say he thought we'd have it to page 2 by now. Hard to know how Mayo will win. Hopefully A. O'Shea can perform once again and that the whole team can get the better of their men this time round for the whole match, instead of waiting for nigh on an hour to pass and then start playing.
ballinaman will have another go at me this time :P, but I can't see Mayo winning this one. I can see Dublin setting out their stall and going gung-ho for the game. Dublin by 4 or 5. It will be interesting to see what team Dublin will have out, for as Hound said their u-21s are out for this one. And we'll be debating until some ungodly hour Friday night/Saturday morning about ours.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 25, 2013, 04:07:43 PM
Fuzzman didn't get the reaction he wanted in this thread I imagine. I'd say he thought we'd have it to page 2 by now. Hard to know how Mayo will win. Hopefully A. O'Shea can perform once again and that the whole team can get the better of their men this time round for the whole match, instead of waiting for nigh on an hour to pass and then start playing.
ballinaman will have another go at me this time :P, but I can't see Mayo winning this one. I can see Dublin setting out their stall and going gung-ho for the game. Dublin by 4 or 5. It will be interesting to see what team Dublin will have out, for as Hound said their u-21s are out for this one. And we'll be debating until some ungodly hour Friday night/Saturday morning about ours.
In fairness deelin, I'm slightly hesitant about our chances too. The Dublin machine looks fairly well drilled and oiled even at this stage of the season. Be lovely to do them again though.

macdanger2

If Mayo play like they did against Tyrone, Dublin will wipe them in a big way. Mayo looked like Cork (at their worst) the last day in Castlebar, absolutely cleaning up at midfield and then clueless once we hit the 40, static passing around in circles until eventually losing it.

If Dublin are missing a few then it gives us a better chance obviously, they've looked very good to date. One thing about Dublin in the previous two games though, I felt they weren't that clinical and both Cork and Kerry could have gotten back into it late on when they should have been well gone.

Horan didn't make many changes the last day and wouldn't really expect any more than 2-4 changes this week. Maybe Dillon to start? Varley too perhaps?

QuoteDon't agree with you re Connolly. He is probably the most naturally talented player we have

I have heard this from nearly every Dublin supporter I know but surely it's time for him to produce it consistently - he's shown flashes now and again but never on a consistent enough basis.