NFL Division 4

Started by ONeill, February 08, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

This is shaping up to be a close contest.

Carlow beat Tipp by a point
Limerick defeated Leitrim by two
Waterford beat Clare by 1
Offaly had an 8-point victory in London although trailed at half time.

Clare were unlucky not to go up last year but Micko has made a dodgy start, at home too. Bad start also for Tipp who were fancied to go straight back up. Rainbow's Carlow the surprise package? Their only wins last year were over Waterford, London and Kilkenny.
Offaly may be the team to beat although they'll find it tough against Limerick this weekend.

Up Division 4.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

No Carlow,Tipperary,Offaly,Waterford,Leitrim,Clare,Limerick supporters on this forum?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2013, 07:45:00 PM
No Carlow,Tipperary,Offaly,Waterford,Leitrim,Clare,Limerick supporters on this forum?

stevecw comes on now and again from Carlow, AZOffaly represents the faithful contingent, deiseach is a Waterford man, Premier Emperor is a Tipp man. None from the other three unfortunately. Unless they only read the hurling discussion.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Onlooker

I have been contributing to this forum since November, 2006 and have near enough to a 1,000 posts.  Last Sunday's defeat by Carlow was a serious blow to Tipp's promotion hopes as we still have 4 away games to play and only 2 home games.   An especially bad result as Tipp were leading by 11 points to 5 coming up the half time and looked to have enough of a lead to face the breeze in the 2nd half.  The Carlow goal just before half time changed everything.   It injected great life into Carlow and Tipp did not respond as well as they should have.   Tomorrow'night's game in Dungarvan is a must win game for Tipp.  Another defeat and having to play Kerry in the 1st Round of the Munster Championship (fourth year in a row) and we will be looking to the Minors, going for 3 in row in Munster and the Under 21's to salvage the season even at this early stage.   It would expecting a lot expect the minors to beat both Cork and Kerry again this year, but the Under 21's are a serious team and are real contenders.

ONeill

Is there a player anywhere near Browne's talent in Tipp?

Onlooker

Unfortunately not, but there are very promising players from the 2011 All Ireland winning team on the Under 21 panel and a few being introduced to the Senior panel.  Wisely, they are not being rushed.    5 or 6 of those minors will be playing Senior in a year or two.   Hard to pick out the best prospect, but if I had to, I would go for Colin O'Riordan.  He was the youngest player on the Minor team and is still playing Minor this year.   He was a half back in 2011 and 2012, but will captain the team this year from midfield.  He is going to be very good.   I suppose it would be expecting to much for another Declan Browne to appear though.

Aaron Boone

Would have liked to have seen Leitrim bring their FBD form down to Limerick, but the Treaty are very handy in both codes.

Farrandeelin

Sorry Onlooker, the main Tipp representative. You just slipped my mind!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Waterford beating Tipp by a single score at HT

ONeill

Waterford 2-8 Tipp 0-9.

The Deise 4 from 4.

DuffleKing

The Deise lost to Waterford in the Walsh Cup AET?

ONeill

DuffleKing

Onlooker

Another disappointing performance from Tipp last night in Dungarvan.    We were a point behind at half time and were level early in the second half, but conceded a very soft goal after 7 or 8 minutes and Waterford were in control for most of the rest of the game.  In that second half Tipp scored just 3 points, all from frees.   Waterfford will make a good bid for promotion, but Tipp's league season is almost over.  Some turn around from beating Cork in the McGrath Cup just a month ago.

Premier Emperor

Bad result for Tipp.
We were in Division 2 not so long ago and were competitive against teams like Donegal