Gazza

Started by laoislad, February 04, 2013, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: johnneycool on February 05, 2013, 10:27:35 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2013, 09:21:33 AM
He was born with a self destruct button unfortunately. Similar to George Best in that regard, except Gascoigne's injuries never allowed him to peak as a player. In 1990/91 he was right up there with the best in the world. And then that tackle.

His own doing as he went to bury Steve Hodge of Notts Forest and came off second best.

Gascoigne was talented, but immature and had money to burn at a very young age, he just couldn't handle it. He's not the first and won't be the last.

was it not Gary Charles
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

How anyone can not have sympathy for someone struggling with alcoholism is beyond me, at no part in life does anyone want to end up like that. He made a lot of bad choices in life I'm sure, but picking to be an alcoholic  wasn't one of them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2013, 10:37:37 AM
How anyone can not have sympathy for someone struggling with alcoholism is beyond me, at no part in life does anyone want to end up like that. He made a lot of bad choices in life I'm sure, but picking to be an alcoholic  wasn't one of them

I wonder do the likes of Chris Evans, Danny Baker, Five Bellies and the rest have much regret about their part in all this.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 05, 2013, 10:32:12 AM
He was born with a self destruct button unfortunately. Similar to George Best in that regard, except Gascoigne's injuries never allowed him to peak as a player. In 1990/91 he was right up there with the best in the world. And then that tackle.

His own doing as he went to bury Steve Hodge of Notts Forest and came off second best.

Gascoigne was talented, but immature and had money to burn at a very young age, he just couldn't handle it. He's not the first and won't be the last.

was it not Gary Charles

No it was Steve Hodge after a few weeks on the sun beds!!

thewobbler

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2013, 10:46:19 AM

I wonder do the likes of Chris Evans, Danny Baker, Five Bellies and the rest have much regret about their part in all this.

If it hadn't been them, it would have been someone else. You can guarantee that throughout his career there were more people trying to pull him in the right direction than the wrong one, but Gazza couldn't help himself.

Milltown Row2

They might do, or they might be self centred dciks and don't care about anyone other than themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that some people can have a drink, even loads of drink and not be an alcoholic. Then there are people like Best Higgins and Gazza who have an addictive style to them. He might not have best liked by many but to end up like that can't be nice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

was it not Gary Charles

Yes was Gary Charles. Incidentally he ended up an alcoholic too.

muppet

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 05, 2013, 11:17:17 AM

was it not Gary Charles

Yes was Gary Charles. Incidentally he ended up an alcoholic too.

Steve Hodge didn't play, Keane had displaced him by then.

Edit: I see on Wiki Hodge came on after 62' mins. Gazza was long gone by then.
Edit 2: Couldn't spell edit.
MWWSI 2017

Dougal Maguire

and Ally McCoist and Andy Gorham et al
Careful now

ziggysego

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2013, 09:10:37 AM
Beating a man when he is down is poor form, I think.
We all have our crosses to bear.

+1

Whilst I can't say I've been happy with a lot of his behaviour, it's incredibly sad to see someone reduced to this. I do hope he gets all the help he needs and requires.
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 05, 2013, 04:00:57 PM

and Ally McCoist and Andy Gorham et al

Which Andy Goram are you talking about?

Dougal Maguire

Well he is schizophrenic
Careful now

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: johnneycool on February 05, 2013, 11:01:58 AM

was it not Gary Charles

No it was Steve Hodge after a few weeks on the sun beds!!

and a spell on the Atkins diet!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoislad

I really don't see how going to Man Utd would have saved Gazza or at least not make him turn out the way he did.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2013, 11:13:43 AM

They might do, or they might be self centred dciks and don't care about anyone other than themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that some people can have a drink, even loads of drink and not be an alcoholic. Then there are people like Best Higgins and Gazza who have an addictive style to them. He might not have best liked by many but to end up like that can't be nice

Chris Evans (along with others) is funding his rehab in America.