Gazza

Started by laoislad, February 04, 2013, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2013, 05:43:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2013, 11:13:43 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2013, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2013, 10:37:37 AM
How anyone can not have sympathy for someone struggling with alcoholism is beyond me, at no part in life does anyone want to end up like that. He made a lot of bad choices in life I'm sure, but picking to be an alcoholic  wasn't one of them

I wonder do the likes of Chris Evans, Danny Baker, Five Bellies and the rest have much regret about their part in all this.

They might do, or they might be self centred dciks and don't care about anyone other than themselves, but that doesn't change the fact that some people can have a drink, even loads of drink and not be an alcoholic. Then there are people like Best Higgins and Gazza who have an addictive style to them. He might not have best liked by many but to end up like that can't be nice

Chris Evans (along with others) is funding his rehab in America.
Good to hear this, so many peple are too quick to think the worse of people and comment from a position of blissful ignorance. Surprised so many are blinded by their foreign football club loyalties.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

muppet

Very sad watching that. Was there no one with the cop on to put an end to it earlier?

Gazza needs some strong people around him. One of our Irish greatest is doing fine but is never far away from a similar episode. He has support though from his mates, ex-colleagues and most amazingly the Irish media.
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

While I would never condone what he did slapping the wife etc, I liked the ould bollix. He was always up for a laugh. Taking the piss whenever he could and having fun. People argue about his carry on at Rangers with the flute playin etc....but do you really think Gazza was a bitter hun??? He had plenty of those around himat Ibrox egging him on.

Sad to see him like that now.....his book "Gazza. My Story" was hilarious.
The Aristocrat Years

Dougal Maguire

He also shit in the shower in the away dressing room in Celtic Park after a Scottish Cup semi final against Hearts
Careful now

red hander

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 05, 2013, 07:15:32 PM
He also shit in the shower in the away dressing room in Celtic Park after a Scottish Cup semi final against Hearts

I understand a lot of Rangers players shat themselves in the changing rooms at Parkhead when they heard Henrik and Lubo were in the team...
Gascoigne was indeed egged on by certain team-mates and I for one would much prefer it if Andy 'black armband for my mate Billy Wright' was the one suffering rather than a thick Geordie 45-year-old man child

Apparently so

Two Andy Gorams, theirs only two Andy Gorams

stew

Gascoigne is a serious, grade 1 addict on several fronts, for some on here to be going on about him here the way they are is sad and makes no sense.

He hit the woman, disgusting thing to do, I thought him lower than a dogs bollocks after doing that, but now, knowing what he was/is going through all I can do is wish him the best and not say a bad word about the man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

qubdub

The drinking culture in the top teams in the late 80s/90s was rampant and was one of the things Sir Alex addressed when taking over at Old Trafford. Certainly not the worst influence to have on a player such as Gazza.

laoislad

If anything being at a club like United with the added pressure of playing at the very top and dealing with success and exposure at level he didn't really have at the clubs he played for may have had a far more negative effect.
He may not have been able handle such success that he would have gotten at United.
I don't think God himself could have saved him to be honest, the man likes to drink and no one was gonna stop him IMO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gazza's problems started way before he was even at Newcastle – he had a rough upbringing. Sad to see him like this now

5 Sams

Curled one out in the bath in the away changing room in Old Trafford as well. Remember the tour guide giving us the full description :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Dougal Maguire

Mind you old Giggsy would have been too busy hooring around with other women to have had time to go drinking with any of his team mates
Careful now

The Worker

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 05, 2013, 10:30:16 PM

Curled one out in the bath in the away changing room in Old Trafford as well. Remember the tour guide giving us the full description :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

:) gives the old toilet name added meaning

ziggy90

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 05, 2013, 07:02:04 PM
While I would never condone what he did slapping the wife etc, I liked the ould bollix. He was always up for a laugh. Taking the piss whenever he could and having fun. People argue about his carry on at Rangers with the flute playin etc....but do you really think Gazza was a bitter hun??? He had plenty of those around himat Ibrox egging him on.

Sad to see him like that now.....his book "Gazza. My Story" was hilarious.

Spotty dog. When someone like the late Bobby Robson had a great time for him he must've had some redeeming features.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Asal Mor

Very sad and hard to watch. Good posts by seafoid and stew and some unbelievably heartless posts from others. I always liked Gazza and I hope he can make a recovery and find happiness.