Armagh V Wexford,Sunday 10th February at the former Morgan Stadium.

Started by T Fearon, February 03, 2013, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Oraisteach

balladmaker

yellowcard

Quote from: Sandy Hill on February 23, 2013, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 23, 2013, 08:34:49 PM
Some comeback, Gavin McParland will get the headlines.

What did he score?

3 goals from off the bench, 2 of them crackers and one a penalty.

bennydorano

The score will now hide how dire Armagh were, Mcparland magic & very little else to be happy about. Poor stuff & freezing nite. Stefan forker scored a point with an open goal begging midway thru 2nd half, but he was poor throughout (& his bro), Ethan Rafferty has potential but he hit 6/7 wide from play 2nite, we really should have won it in the end. Good cameo from Dyas, did more in 15mins than Brian Mallon did all day. Defence was badly exposed throughout, you cant buy experience. Kieran Toner looked to have picked up a bad looking knee injury as well.

boro

A bit of a disaster for us to cough up a lead like that. Seems like we totally fell away in the last ten minutes, any reports on the game lads?

regal

yellowcard

Quote from: Rossfan on February 23, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2013, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on February 23, 2013, 08:33:37 PM
Final score???????????
Draw. 3-8 apiece.

Wexford were described  as "rubbish" by some Armagh posters - where does that leave Armagh ?

I think ONE poster described them as 'useless' which was a ludicrous statement given that they provide 4 starters on the Leinster Railway Cup team. I don't think any rational person from Armagh are under any illusions as to where we are at.

We are probably in a relegation battle based on tonights evidence.

David McKeown

Two of the worst teams I've ever seen. Armagh threw it away and the fact I'm able to say that after being 11 points down sums up Wexford as well. Armagh were ok second half but not brilliant. McKeever, Lavery, Dyas and McParland all had good games but Armagh lacked shape and a game plan the whole match.

Hope Toner's injury isn't too bad and hope the idea of a Forker in a Peter Harte role is discontinued
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mackers

This Armagh team badly needed a confidence boost after going nearly a full year without a win, whether that second half comeback is it or not remains to be seen. The first half was As inept an Armagh performance as I've seen in a while (and there's been a few recently). In fairness, a few of the substitutions did well when introduced.  McKeever and McParland's finishing the highlights for me.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Was like a rerun of the Wicklow Championship game in 2011.Bound to have taken heart from the second half comeback and with several experienced players due to return,Armagh have a lot more reason to be optimistic than Wexford.

Throw ball

Wexford started well and Armagh finished well. In between both had poor enough games. On saying that they were both miles better than the referee. For sixty minutes if you touched anyone at all it was a free and then you couldn't get a free for any money. Still not sure what many of the yellow cards were for - including the two that saw the Wexford sub sent off. Was an exciting game despite the referee and the draw was probably a fair result.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: T Fearon on February 23, 2013, 10:18:54 PM
Was like a rerun of the Wicklow Championship game in 2011.Bound to have taken heart from the second half comeback and with several experienced players due to return,Armagh have a lot more reason to be optimistic than Wexford.

first half performance was just very bad. playing a sweeper at home was to invite wexford on, and they took every chance...poor distribution from midfield...poor performance by forward line...mckeever was great but should have had the line twice having lead with his elbow...long drive down the road for wexford.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

armaghniac

I agree that there is some merit in the comeback. Had Armagh remained as the first 20 minutes it would have been grim indeed. Wexford won't be happy to lose such a lead on a night with little wind.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B