NFL Div 2 2013

Started by Croí na hÉireann, January 30, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

They were blessed - from the highlights - I know.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 05, 2013, 09:07:28 AM
Quotedaylight robbery

Wouldn't call it that Croí - we were the agents of our own downfall.

Cannot bear to watch it on TG4 player.
Most of us on the board are gagging for GAA matches after the long hiatus since September but it is only the League ,Shamrock, and if the larries can learn some harsh lessons in Feb that will stand to them in July, all the better.   

This Years Model

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 05, 2013, 09:07:28 AM
Quotedaylight robbery

Wouldn't call it that Croí - we were the agents of our own downfall.

Cannot bear to watch it on TG4 player.

Thanks for the tip Shamrock, didn't realise there was a TG4 Player .... will check it out later.
I caught the last 15 mins on Shannonside, and the local commentary felt the few frees late in the second half that WX were awarded were harsh enough. Considering the Longford backs didn't concede a single point from play to the entire WX forward line, it's a tough pill to swallow coming away with nothing. Maybe in the conditions they could have stood off the man a bit and took their chances on him missing from play. One of the late frees was for a pick-up off the ground, which again the Shannonside boys thought was harsh ....

At this time of year it's usually a game of two halves in Wexford Park with the wind blowing straight down the pitch. The local team have a bit of an edge there as they're so used to playing in those kind of games ....

emmetryan

I've put together a video analysing Michael Meehan's goal against Derry for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=6657
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

seafoid

It is great to see Meehan back.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: emmetryan on February 05, 2013, 10:16:15 PM
I've put together a video analysing Michael Meehan's goal against Derry for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=6657

I'll save you the bother. It was horrific defending!!

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

All of a Sludden

An Lú V Gaillimh,Gallagher, Rath,O'Hare,Hoey,O'Brien,Crilly,AReid; Keenan,Donnelly,McDonnell,Brennan,McEneaney,Judge,Lennon,Clarke
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath team: Gary Connaughton; Mark McCallion, Kieran Gavin, Kevin McGuire; Michael Curley, Paul Sharry, James Dolan; Denis Corroon, John Heslin; Ger Egan, Callum McCormack, Kieran Martin; Ronan Foley, Dessie Dolan, Denis Glennon.

Good to see Dessie being able to start and James to half back was a no brainer as he did ok there after Doran got the line last weekend. Corroon must be going well in training as Bannon did ok last weekend I thought and Corroon wasn't on the pitch long enough to impress. Need to start well this week.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shortso79

Division 2

Pos.    Team    P    W    D    L    F             A           Pts.
1    Laois    1    1    0    0    0-20    1-10    2
2    Westmea 1    1    0    0    0-16         2-9            2
3    Galway    1    1    0    0    1-15    0-15    2
4    Wexford    1    1    0    0    2-8            1-10    2
5    Longford    1    0    0    1    1-10    2-8            0
6    Derry    1    0    0    1    0-15    1-15    0
7    Louth    1    0    0    1    2-9            0-16    0
8    Armagh    1    0    0    1    1-10    0-20    0

seafoid

4 leinster counties agus contae na mi thios. The new normal. Anyway best of luck to the larries.

Shamrock Shore

Thanks seafoid.

Conflicted tomorrow.

Do I travel to see aimless handpassing in Pearse Park or stay at home and watch aimless kicking from the Aviva.

Like all Larries I will leave it until the last moment to decide. Hard to ignore a clash with the WH lads and I cannot bear to 'watch' it on Roscommonside radio as I am sure it will again be heavily weighted to whatever gimps Roscommon are playing.

Dinny Breen

Pitch unplayable. Galway vs Louth is OFF
#newbridgeornowhere

T Fearon

Armagh v Wexford off too.Heard that on facebook,all the way from Milan,no kidding!

Shamrock Shore

Longford 1-04
Westmeath 0-04

coming up to half time.