Nathan Carter

Started by Harold Disgracey, January 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

It's worse than either and your advice is good.

Shamrock Shore

Jaysus Hardy if it's a county's dark side you're after I'd advise you not to wake up us Longford folk!

deiseach

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 31, 2013, 03:30:17 PM
Jaysus Hardy if it's a county's dark side you're after I'd advise you not to wake up us Longford folk!

maggie

I'm a fan but haven't been to see him yet.
But then I find myself listening to Hugo when I can as well.
Hello middle age....... :-\

AQMP

Quote from: maggie on January 31, 2013, 04:44:23 PM
I'm a fan but haven't been to see him yet.
But then I find myself listening to Hugo when I can as well.
Hello middle age....... :-\

A shocking confession maggie.

maddog

Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2016, 11:33:15 AM
Not everyone is a fan.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/if-i-hear-wagon-wheel-one-more-time-im-going-to-break-that-stereo-man-snapped-after-neighbour-repeatedly-played-nathan-carter-tune-34721985.html

They are forever playing that dirge in my local. Added to that one of the 2 landladies is a cousin of Big Tom. We are feckin scundered. If i hear 4 roads again i swear i will have a breakdown.

blewuporstuffed

Not everyone is a fan.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/if-i-hear-wagon-wheel-one-more-time-im-going-to-break-that-stereo-man-snapped-after-neighbour-repeatedly-played-nathan-carter-tune-34721985.html

I read that story in another paper yesterday, from the headline I actually thought it was a Waterford Whispers story.  ;D

I really cant understand the popularity of the likes of Nathan Carter and that whole country scene.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 17, 2016, 12:01:07 PM
Not everyone is a fan.

I read that story in another paper yesterday, from the headline I actually thought it was a Waterford Whispers story.  ;D

I really cant understand the popularity of the likes of Nathan Carter and that whole country scene.

People, especially country folk love to jive. Until about 10 years ago, the rural dance scene was dying out, the art of taking your partner by the hand and swinging her around the dance floor was a skill on its last legs, performed mostly by the older generations. Since then, younger generations have latched on and its very popular again. Personally I cant put one foot in front of the other, but its good to see the skills being kept alive in the old dance halls up and down the country . I'd say there's a lot less bother at these events as dancing,  opposed to getting wrote off is the main priority of the night! More power to them says I . Wagon Wheel is an awful dirge in fairness, with Hit the Diff hot on its heals

Brick Tamlin

Ive said it before and il say it again.
Somebody for god's sake.

Resurrect the Mucksavage thread!!

general_lee

Tell you what I'd sooner go see Nathan Carter, Derek Ryan et al before I'd give my money to see drugged up pricks like harry styles and that talentless wee bitch Justin Bieber

balladmaker

Something not right about an Irish man or woman singing in a fake American accent ... just saying.

sensethetone

Quote from: balladmaker on May 18, 2016, 09:46:09 AM
Something not right about an Irish man or woman singing in a fake American accent ... just saying.

I would agree with that. Don't mind some traditional music folk songs etc.

Longshanks

Neither Derek Ryan or Nathan Carter would be my cup of tea but my parents have been to see both and thought they were great, play all their own instruments and their bands are great from what I hear.

They interact with the fans and stay behind after for photos and any anything people want signed, personally think they do no harm and make alot of people happy and are talented unlike some others who charge terrible the money and get on stage and sing and then get out of there asap.

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on May 17, 2016, 11:57:10 AM
Not everyone is a fan.

They are forever playing that dirge in my local. Added to that one of the 2 landladies is a cousin of Big Tom. We are feckin scundered. If i hear 4 roads again i swear i will have a breakdown.

You shouldn't be posting stuff like that on public forums Maddog. Guess what's going to happen next Sunday evening??
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered