Nathan Carter

Started by Harold Disgracey, January 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 31, 2013, 11:00:39 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 31, 2013, 10:29:12 AM
I like good country music too. That's why I hate this shite.

Why does Tyrone have to destroy everything it touches?

Jeez we might to be blame for a few things but I'm interested to see why we're getting credited with Nathan Carter?

For clowning purposes and random abuse, mainly, but also because Tyrone seems to condone this sort of carry-on more than anywhere else. Or at least refuses to condemn it.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 30, 2013, 11:25:03 AM
QuoteComplete shite, his upbeat and terrible version of Green Day's "Time of your Life" is particularly sickening.

Was intrigued when I seen this.  So here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTjfMQrnYi4

But Paul Grimley's a quare accordian player. Fair play to him.

seafoid

Is Nathan Carter his real name? If it is, how did his parents know he would turn out to be a country singer ?   

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hardy on January 31, 2013, 11:03:19 AM

Jeez we might to be blame for a few things but I'm interested to see why we're getting credited with Nathan Carter?

For clowning purposes and random abuse, mainly, but also because Tyrone seems to condone this sort of carry-on more than anywhere else. Or at least refuses to condemn it.

We're more honest up here in Tyrone. We like our dirty little pleasures to be out in the open. I know you Meath boys go into darkened rooms and play Wagonwheel on repeat while watching dirty dancing and drinking blue WKD. T'is why yous are so rough on the football pitch to compensate. 

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2013, 11:09:46 AM
Is Nathan Carter his real name? If it is, how did his parents know he would turn out to be a country singer ?

It is. Once they found he could hold a tune he was bound to be a country singer. It's called 'trying too hard'.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on January 31, 2013, 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2013, 11:09:46 AM

It is. Once they found he could hold a tune he was bound to be a country singer. It's called 'trying too hard'.
I thought most of the names of country singers in Ireland were made up eg TR Dallas, Mike Denver
I wonder what makes a city suitable as a surname. Why do they never pick Cincinnatti ?

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2013, 11:54:13 AM
I wonder what makes a city suitable as a surname. Why do they never pick Cincinnatti ?

Good question. Was it not named after a farmer?

No Soloing

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 31, 2013, 12:52:07 PM

Compare and contrast

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXGuljM6Tec

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7JVxE2SYxo

After having watched 5 seconds of the Green Day one earlier I couldnt bring myself to watch those and compare and contrast - I think I know which one is better anyway!
Im glad to say I had to google Nathan Carter when I first read this yesterday

Applesisapples

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 31, 2013, 11:25:23 AM

We're more honest up here in Tyrone. We like our dirty little pleasures to be out in the open. I know you Meath boys go into darkened rooms and play Wagonwheel on repeat while watching dirty dancing and drinking blue WKD. T'is why yous are so rough on the football pitch to compensate.
The Original "Wagon Wheel" was co written by Bob Dylan and appears on Old Crow Medicine Show's album OCMS. What this Country and Oirish goon has done to it is a disgrace. check out the original.

supersarsfields

I know the orginal. Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Nathan Carter, (The wife on the other hand....). I just entered into the fray to try and distance Nathan Carter being linked with Tyrone by thon Meeth hallion. We're more Dominic Kirwin up here.

Applesisapples

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 31, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
I know the orginal. Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Nathan Carter, (The wife on the other hand....). I just entered into the fray to try and distance Nathan Carter being linked with Tyrone by thon Meeth hallion. We're more Dominic Kirwin up here.
No accounting for the wife's taste eh? Mine likes Boyzone for F's Sake!

Hardy

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 31, 2013, 11:25:23 AM

Dunno about Wagon Wheel, but we do have our dark side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3KCVLGVLI

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on January 31, 2013, 12:00:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2013, 11:54:13 AM

Good question. Was it not named after a farmer?
Apparently
But it would only be suitable as a name for an opry singer

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on January 31, 2013, 02:34:52 PM
Dunno about Wagon Wheel, but we do have our dark side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3KCVLGVLI

That's either a link to Rick Astley or the best of Mick Lyons. Either way, avoid.